Home

Should I buy a PS4 for The Show

This is a discussion on Should I buy a PS4 for The Show within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-28-2017, 01:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Should I buy a PS4 for The Show

I have an Xbox 1 and have been considering buying a PS4 mostly just to play The Show.

I am not a baseball guy. I really do not watch it at all, but I have looked a lot into The Show and have been very intrigued by it and it has me so intrigued that I have considered buying a PS4 just to play The Show.

I did play baseball and know it pretty well, but really just have never cared to watch the sport.

So, I have been considering whether or not it is worth buying a PS4 for this one game (and the possibility of others). Part of the problem is that I only play Xbox now about a couple hours a week the way it is, so it isn't like I'll be playing a lot of of the PS4 if I do get one. I'm not worried about the money, but don't want to spend money on something that I end up not playing much.

Basically what I'm asking is, will I really get into The Show (RTTS is really what interests me) enough and are there other reasons/games etc. that would make a PS4 a good decision?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2017, 02:07 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Should I buy a PS4 for The Show

I did and I'm happy with my decision since I average a game a day. Also, check out the Uncharted series and Last of Us.

It really depends if you can afford it and dine splitting your time between systems.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-28-2017, 02:12 PM   #3
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Personally, if money is not a huge concern for you, then I'd get the game and play to see where it goes. If you end up not liking much, you could sell the console and also the game.

And If money isn't a concern, I'd recommend that you go for PS4 Pro for The Show... I'd think the frame-rate difference can make or break the game for some people.
Old 06-28-2017, 02:13 PM   #4
Rookie

Thanks for the reply. There is a deal on the Uncharted bundle and I would go with that if I do get one.

I have a lull between now and Madden 18 that I would fill with The Show. The other thing I have considered is someday getting the VR bundle in the future because I think my kids would have a blast with it.
Old 06-28-2017, 02:16 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
Personally, if money is not a huge concern for you, then I'd get the game and play to see where it goes. If you end up not liking much, you could sell the console and also the game.

And If money isn't a concern, I'd recommend that you go for PS4 Pro for The Show... I'd think the frame-rate difference can make or break the game for some people.
Really? I didn't realize that the frame rate would make such a difference. I was going to go with the slim uncharted bundle as it is $245 compared to $400 for the Pro. I don't have a 4K TV, and don't plan on TV shopping for quite a long time so I thought the slim would be the way to go. Also, this will never be my main console since everyone I know is on XB1, but you have me thinking about going with Pro.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2017, 02:56 PM   #6
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by montesixpac
Really? I didn't realize that the frame rate would make such a difference. I was going to go with the slim uncharted bundle as it is $245 compared to $400 for the Pro. I don't have a 4K TV, and don't plan on TV shopping for quite a long time so I thought the slim would be the way to go. Also, this will never be my main console since everyone I know is on XB1, but you have me thinking about going with Pro.
It really depends. Some people are more sensitive to frame-rate issues. Timing in hitting in baseball is very important, so if you are one of those competitive people, it might bother you.

But that difference might not matter much, if you haven't played The Show side by side with PS4 and PS4 Pro (I currently have both) and do not have any baseline for comparison.

So you only play ******ly, PS4 may totally be good enough.

I am just providing a data point to consider if you care about such a thing as frame-rate, since the difference is pretty noticeable.
Old 06-28-2017, 03:02 PM   #7
Rookie

I may never get big into the game, but graphics and how nice and smoothly a game plays (especially sports) is important to me. If I get the new system and it will truly make a difference then I may go ahead with the Pro. I appreciate the input. The good thing is that if I ever get more and more into PS4 games and upgrade my TV then at least I have the best system for it. I also may end up switching to the PS4 for my sports games, too.

Last edited by montesixpac; 06-28-2017 at 03:15 PM.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:26 PM   #8
Just started!

OVR: 0

Does the PS4 MLB The Show 16 and 17 both allow one to play with the legend players in Franchise mode?

I'm also considering buying a PS4 only for this game but I'm a huge older player guy and I read somewhere the Legends can't be used offline or in that way. Any info is appreciated on how Legends work in the game.

(sorry to piggy-back your thread a little)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »