Home

Old 06-24-2017, 08:04 PM   #1
OuttaNaptown

punx317's Arena

OVR: 0
iRacing

Thanks for reading fellas...

Long time OS supporter here with a few questions...

1) Is there anyone on here that plays iRacing? If so, how often and how long?

2) Do any of you play as a team, club, league?(I'd love to see an option sports team)

3) I host a race ever Saturday night. I trie to do an interesting one that anyone can run in. That is I prefer to use the free content or at least common items people have.

I'd love to meet some op sports guys in iRacing as this community has always been classy and competitive. My name on iRacing is Thomas Youngstafel2 if you on send me a message!

Sent from my B3-A30 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2017, 09:39 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: iRacing

Hey punx, there are a few of us that run some iracing races. I personally stick to ovals and the cup cars. There is a main thread that we will post on from time to time found here:

http://forums.operationsports.com/fo...r-2-years.html

As for a league, I would love to get involved in one. My wife and I are in the process of selling our house, buying/building a new house, so I won't be very active until early 2018 most likely.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:48 PM   #3
OuttaNaptown

punx317's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by franko3219
Hey punx, there are a few of us that run some iracing races. I personally stick to ovals and the cup cars. There is a main thread that we will post on from time to time found here:

http://forums.operationsports.com/fo...r-2-years.html

As for a league, I would love to get involved in one. My wife and I are in the process of selling our house, buying/building a new house, so I won't be very active until early 2018 most likely.
Thanks brother, can't believe I never saw that thread

Old 06-25-2017, 09:47 PM   #4
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17

I have been off and on since 2009. I am currently running dirt racing since that is what I grew up on, grandpa was a sprint car driver. I used to do a lot of official stuff but I have had almost no time recently. I joined a dirt league and have been running with them in my limited time. Here is a good example of a great finish we had on Saturday. I am the red car #85 in second place.

https://youtu.be/y9DvH3zeBFE?t=10m9s
Old 06-26-2017, 04:09 PM   #5
OuttaNaptown

punx317's Arena

Icon6 Re: iRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct32
I have been off and on since 2009. I am currently running dirt racing since that is what I grew up on, grandpa was a sprint car driver. I used to do a lot of official stuff but I have had almost no time recently. I joined a dirt league and have been running with them in my limited time. Here is a good example of a great finish we had on Saturday. I am the red car #85 in second place.

https://youtu.be/y9DvH3zeBFE?t=10m9s
That was pretty cool brother! I played regularly from 2014 to mid 2016 but life got in the way. Finally, things settled down and i've been playing regularly since January.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2017, 04:31 PM   #6
Rookie

joshdasquash's Arena

I have been a part of iRacing for several years now, maybe 2010? I would be interested in team racing or a league myself. iRacing has recently dropped their support for 32 bit systems, so I haven't raced since then. I will be upgrading my gaming PC soon and would like to get in on some team or league racing. Currently rated A in Oval, and D in Road. I haven't done much road racing, but would like to get more into it when I return. I won't stay away much longer, as I am suffering from withdrawls at the moment...especially since there is dirt racing now.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:39 PM   #7
OuttaNaptown

punx317's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdasquash
I have been a part of iRacing for several years now, maybe 2010? I would be interested in team racing or a league myself. iRacing has recently dropped their support for 32 bit systems, so I haven't raced since then. I will be upgrading my gaming PC soon and would like to get in on some team or league racing. Currently rated A in Oval, and D in Road. I haven't done much road racing, but would like to get more into it when I return. I won't stay away much longer, as I am suffering from withdrawls at the moment...especially since there is dirt racing now.
Hahahaha I was in the same boat, finally broke down and went a beast mode pc. I'm talking with a couple guys about creating a street stock series on Sundays where we use only tracks that are free. Still up in the air as one of the guys is pondering it.

Old 06-29-2017, 08:43 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

I've been racing for over 2 years, but not much this year. Haven't had the time or in some cases, the patience. If there was a league that fit my schedule, I'd definitely consider it. I only race ovals, Cup car only really these days. With the new aero this year, I trust using the fixed setups more often.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »