Home

I can't do anything good on conquest!!

This is a discussion on I can't do anything good on conquest!! within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-16-2017, 06:01 PM   #1
Rookie

RocketsFan1993's Arena

OVR: 0

I need tips or anything else helpful on beating conquest. I'm getting so mad. My heart is pounding I'm so livid right now. I restarted conquest again just now, and I just did horribly. I lost like 80 percent of my territory conquering simulations. I barely did anything in like 20 turns, because I kept on losing everything. I can't win this way. So can anyone give more in depth tips besides what is shown YouTube or if someone trustworthy can at least beat Conquest for me one time so I can get the 10 pack and I can start on getting the Conquest missions completed. I have never gotten this mad at a video game in my entire life. Thanks and any help will be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2017, 06:22 PM   #2
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

You didn't exactly explain what the problem is. Are you just losing your non-simulated games? Otherwise I don't see how you would struggle so hard.

Also, I'll be surprised if someone willingly subjects themselves to playing all the way through conquest for absolutely no reward.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-16-2017, 06:37 PM   #3
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Re: I can't do anything good on conquest!!

A step by step walkthrough would take forever and you may as well just watch one on youtube, so here's just some tips

1) Don't play a single game other than to conquer a stronghold, sim everything and skip the capture round

2) Concentrate on picking up the free territories at first and try and make a big square of your own up at the top, stretching out to meet the Mariners territory as quickly as possible to stop them expanding (but don't fight them until you've filled in all the squares that are empty) The more squares you have, the more reinforcements you get, so they are by far the most important thing. Once you get enough you will get so many reinforcement that you can steam roll over other peoples territories, taking most of it in one or two turns, then pick off the stronghold the following turn with your huge army (allowing you to play on lower difficulties)

3) Always try and get a big square of territory, so focus on getting rid of the Rockies, then the Mariners, then just stampede down the Wet coast until you get to Arizona. One you've done that half the map is yours and you'll get ridiculous reinforce reinforcements and it should just be a routine grind from there

4) Don't worry about the Twins, Royals or Cubs nibbling at your territory while you destroy the West, just ignore them or if you're really bothered just put a 10 man army to take back a few territories and give you a little buffer

5) Ignore the Tampa Bay mission. Do that on your second time through by just making a straight line charge for it. It will ruin your chances of getting a good start but it will get the job done, then you can just restart
Old 06-16-2017, 06:50 PM   #4
Rookie

RocketsFan1993's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
A step by step walkthrough would take forever and you may as well just watch one on youtube, so here's just some tips

1) Don't play a single game other than to conquer a stronghold, sim everything and skip the capture round

2) Concentrate on picking up the free territories at first and try and make a big square of your own up at the top, stretching out to meet the Mariners territory as quickly as possible to stop them expanding (but don't fight them until you've filled in all the squares that are empty) The more squares you have, the more reinforcements you get, so they are by far the most important thing. Once you get enough you will get so many reinforcement that you can steam roll over other peoples territories, taking most of it in one or two turns, then pick off the stronghold the following turn with your huge army (allowing you to play on lower difficulties)

3) Always try and get a big square of territory, so focus on getting rid of the Rockies, then the Mariners, then just stampede down the Wet coast until you get to Arizona. One you've done that half the map is yours and you'll get ridiculous reinforce reinforcements and it should just be a routine grind from there

4) Don't worry about the Twins, Royals or Cubs nibbling at your territory while you destroy the West, just ignore them or if you're really bothered just put a 10 man army to take back a few territories and give you a little buffer

5) Ignore the Tampa Bay mission. Do that on your second time through by just making a straight line charge for it. It will ruin your chances of getting a good start but it will get the job done, then you can just restart
I already do the first 2 thing you said. I also already did the Rays mission. So for 3, what you're saying is start going west, but go down as you're going west? Anyways, I have a huge problem with the simulated games. I lost like 75-80 percent of my simulated games and it affected me big time. I thought I had a pretty good team. I have diamond Oswalt, diamond live series Keuchel and 3 Golds as SP's. My bullpen has all golds with the exception of diamond Aroldis Chapman. My lineup is pretty decent. I have Diamond Flashback Melvin Upton Jr from the Rays epic and Diamond Steve Finley from Player Epic missions. I have some golds like Miguel Sano and maybe like 2 or 3 silvers including Dee Gordon and Aaron Judge.

Last edited by RocketsFan1993; 06-16-2017 at 08:42 PM.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:01 PM   #5
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketsFan1993
I already do the first 2 thing you said. I also already did the Rays mission. So for 3, what you're saying is start going west, but go down as you're going west? Anyways, I have a huge problem with the simulated games. I lost like 75-80 percent of my simulated games and it affected me big time. I thought I had a pretty good team. I have 2 diamond and 3 gold SP's. My bullpen has all golds with the exception of diamond Aroldis Chapman. My lineup is pretty decent. I have Diamond Flashback Melvin Upton Jr from the Rays epic and Diamond Steve Finley from Player Epic missions. I have some golds like Miguel Sano and maybe like 2 or 3 silvers including Dee Gordon and Aaron Judge.
Your simulated games should be your army of about 30+ guys versus there one or two. You might lose one or two in the fight but you just steamroll over them. You don't fight one on one or even two on one as it's weighted in favour of the defending team, I don't think your teams ability makes any difference at all to the simulated games

You go west until you get to the sea, then head down until you get to the southern coast, then head east and north until you've turned the entire western side of the country into your territory. From there you can go high or low, doesn't really matter as you'll win easily with the amount of reinforcements you'll get

Last edited by BigOscar; 06-16-2017 at 07:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2017, 07:02 PM   #6
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Choose wisely when simming, only sim the territories you have an advantage in. I put like 20 fans in one and wreak havoc with it.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 06-16-2017, 07:12 PM   #7
Do Your Job

TheBigTee's Arena

OVR: 1

To pile on to what most people have said add all your reinforcement to one territory and then you will be simming 5, 10, 20 sometimes even 30 or 40 against 1 or 2 and it'll be total domination. Do not spread out your reinforcements and once you get to the northwest corner don't worry about losing your original stronghold. Then spread south down the west coast and once you get the west coast spread east.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-16-2017, 07:57 PM   #8
Rookie

RocketsFan1993's Arena

Everyone's advice did not help me at all. Not only did I suck, but I literally also got defeated completely.
You guys said to put a lot of fans in one territory. Well it's kind of hard to do that when you lose a lot of simulated games, territories and fans while playing. The highest I was able to put in a territory was like 14.

Last edited by RocketsFan1993; 06-16-2017 at 07:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »