Home

Why do the Live 18 player animations look so awkward? Was there any mo-cap at all?

This is a discussion on Why do the Live 18 player animations look so awkward? Was there any mo-cap at all? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-12-2017, 02:54 PM   #1
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

OVR: 0
Why do the Live 18 player animations look so awkward? Was there any mo-cap at all?

-The faces look damn good.
-The lighting is amaaaazing.
-The courts look way better than 2k (especially pro-am and park).
- But....

They look like they have sticks up their *** when they move. Sorry if that's crude, but it's seriously what it looks like.

Why is this? Are they planning on fixing this? If they could just fix this, it would be a solid looking game. But every comment I see says the same thing - they move terribly.

Does EA acknowledge this anywhere and do they explain that they are working on it or what?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2017, 03:30 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Why do the Live 18 player animations look so awkward? Was there any mo-cap at all

Sounds like you have a stick up your *** lol. There might be a few awkward animations but most of us commenting think it looks great.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:37 PM   #3
Rookie

Vazione's Arena

Re: Why do the Live 18 player animations look so awkward? Was there any mo-cap at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
-The faces look damn good.
-The lighting is amaaaazing.
-The courts look way better than 2k (especially pro-am and park).
- But....

They look like they have sticks up their *** when they move. Sorry if that's crude, but it's seriously what it looks like.

Why is this? Are they planning on fixing this? If they could just fix this, it would be a solid looking game. But every comment I see says the same thing - they move terribly.

Does EA acknowledge this anywhere and do they explain that they are working on it or what?
Clearly you have never played NBA Live 14, 15 or 16.

If you think 18 animates horribly, you are crazy.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:40 PM   #4
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

Live has always looked kind of weird at times in motion, but it has always been my favorite hoop game for years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2017, 04:52 PM   #5
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

http://forums.operationsports.com/fo...ding-knee.html

Not exclusive to NBA Live, Madden and Fifa all suffer from buckled knee syndrome. I'm sure they know, I just don't think they care to re-work it all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2017, 05:04 PM   #6
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFnotWhyNoT
http://forums.operationsports.com/fo...ding-knee.html

Not exclusive to NBA Live, Madden and Fifa all suffer from buckled knee syndrome. I'm sure they know, I just don't think they care to re-work it all.
What is it they're doing? It looks like their backs are stuck in one stiff position.
Old 06-12-2017, 05:14 PM   #7
Rookie

Arod2k9's Arena

OVR: 7

Can we stop we the complaining please? I played at EA Play in Hollywood and was extremely impressed with and never felt animations were bad. The game was fun and light yrs ahead of NBA Live 16. I understand complaints once you play at least the demo in August. But for now you can't be serious with negative claims.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-12-2017, 05:32 PM   #8
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arod2k9
Can we stop we the complaining please? I played at EA Play in Hollywood and was extremely impressed with and never felt animations were bad. The game was fun and light yrs ahead of NBA Live 16. I understand complaints once you play at least the demo in August. But for now you can't be serious with negative claims.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I'm hoping there is still time to fix it.

I'd say I kept it pretty constructive. I talked about the parts that look good and the parts that look bad.

It would be lying to say "animations look A+" and it'd also give no incentive to EA to fix it.

A ton of the comments I see on the YouTube videos say the animations look bad... and I agree. I was hoping they'd fix it this year because they do have some solid ideas.

Is there no time to fix this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »