Home

Any Chance Judge Goes Straight to Diamond?

This is a discussion on Any Chance Judge Goes Straight to Diamond? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-05-2017, 03:28 PM   #1
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0
Any Chance Judge Goes Straight to Diamond?

How often do Silvers skip gold and go straight to diamond? I'm curious because I have about 50 Judge cards, that I'm sitting on till he gets a nice bump. Also sitting on 8 Carlos Correa's, who is all but guaranteed to go diamond on Friday.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2017, 04:02 PM   #2
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Re: Any Chance Judge Goes Straight to Diamond?

No chance on Judge and I'm not convinced Correa goes diamond. Neither has elite defensive stats that will help them do diamond, Correa is already a great hitter yet is only an 87, whereas Judge will struggle to get ratings higher than someone like Stanton, who's not a diamond despite being as good a hitter as anyone (or look at Judges POTM card).

Judge will need huge upgrades in things like vision and clutch to stand a chance of going diamond at any point, unless he gets a fielding upgrade but they are incredibly rare.

Correa probably deserves a fielding upgrade as I personally rate him higher than Seager in that regard, but they are very rare. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get bumped to an 89, that's the sort of thing SDS love doing. If you look at Seager, who is only just a diamond, Correa will have to get a significant upgrade to pretty much every single rating to go diamond. Maybe it happens, but I wouldn't be surprised if he stays gold and is the Eric Thames type POTM award as a beastly diamond
Old 06-05-2017, 04:38 PM   #3
Pro

Black59Razr's Arena

OVR: 1

Can't imagine a silver going diamond cuz of 2 hot months. It'll take the entire season for him to prove that this is his norm and he's not just hot.
Old 06-05-2017, 04:42 PM   #4
Chaos Theory

19's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black59Razr
Can't imagine a silver going diamond cuz of 2 hot months. It'll take the entire season for him to prove that this is his norm and he's not just hot.
I think Kris Bryant started as a silver last year and he wasn't diamond until August I believe.
Old 06-06-2017, 01:30 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 2

I could see Judge getting clutch and defensive as well as contact increases. His power will probably stay where it is. I'm assuming Vision is tied to strike outs? So that might get a small bump since he's cut his K rate down from last year. I havent checked in a bit but at one point his defensive WAR was second or third in the entire league. He's also on pace for double digit steals so he might get a small bump there too.

I don't see him going Diamond unless its late in the season and he's still in the MVP race. But as a player whose top 5 in almost every batting category. He should be gold sooner rather than later.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2017, 03:31 AM   #6
Rookie

newmich's Arena

Do you guys see Greinke and Keuchel going Diamond? Looking at his per 9 stats Greinke definitely should see an upgrade in his K and h/9 ratings. Keuchel I would think is a given. I'm also curious about Conforto going gold. I just pulled an Altuve and I'm trying to find players to invest in so I can knock out more missions. First diamond I have pulled this year.

Last edited by newmich; 06-06-2017 at 03:33 AM.
Old 06-06-2017, 06:06 AM   #7
Rookie

Judge won't go diamond, also Kemp isn't going to go gold, neither will Cozart. Judge won't go diamond maybe not even good because that would devalue is POM card and making it useless, business wise it would be a stupid move on SDS's part. Also Kemp and Cozart will have POM cards and won't get upgraded. SDS makes more money that way with the POM packs and then everyone sells back their silvers.

Old 06-11-2017, 04:56 PM   #8
All Star

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelv93
Judge won't go diamond, also Kemp isn't going to go gold, neither will Cozart. Judge won't go diamond maybe not even good because that would devalue is POM card and making it useless, business wise it would be a stupid move on SDS's part. Also Kemp and Cozart will have POM cards and won't get upgraded. SDS makes more money that way with the POM packs and then everyone sells back their silvers.

If he keeps this up there is ZERO chance he doesn't at least make a high Gold. He should be gold now. He's arguably the best player in the game right now and he has been all season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »