Home

A personal opinion on the hittinng in this game

This is a discussion on A personal opinion on the hittinng in this game within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-26-2017, 08:32 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
A personal opinion on the hittinng in this game

That's the only explanation I can come up with. I can't believe how many dead center buckshot hits I just squared up in this one game, and the ball just wouldn't go anywhere or was hit straight to a defender. It just feels like this game is way to weighed towards pitching as opposed to hitting. Not complaining just an observation.

I just played this guy online, and after the 8th inning the game was still 0-0 and he pm'd me and said how about we just keep throwing fastballs right down the middle and may the best man win. I agreed finally ended it with a walk off homer from Stanton 3 innings later. We were laughing after the game about how many balls we squared up that were hit right to defenders, did that stupid wave the ball foul animation, or were actually hit to the gaps but stayed in the air way to long allowing the outfield to make easy catches

Last edited by Nolove626; 05-26-2017 at 08:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2017, 10:31 PM   #2
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: SDS does not think pro players can hit major league pitching

Seems to me a lot of pitches go right down the pipe, and not enough damage is done to them. There are times that the cpu can spam fastballs belt high or dead center as a viable strategy because I just pop them up, or they go right at a defender. Unfortunately when mine miss the cpu often crushes them.

Probably a result of the last patch. I have slideritis since the last patch. Every day or so I just go nuts because I'm seeing too much or too little. Prior to the patch I was really content, however I recognize said patch was needed to stop the homerun fest that plagued online play, so I'm ok with it. Maybe the next patch will fix things a bit more. I'm not saying it should go back to the way it was (although offline it was easy to fix issues with sliders) but the trend in baseball is definitely hitting. Hitting with power.
Old 05-27-2017, 12:17 AM   #3
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

I've been noticing this more and more lately as well. Balls right down the middle, timed and squared perfectly...but nothing. Happens several times per game.
Old 05-27-2017, 02:43 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

it would be interesting to see what evryone's average number of hits per game is.
the MLB number since 2009 is between 8 and 9

A Work in Progress
Old 05-27-2017, 04:25 AM   #5
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Not every ball down the middle and perfectly squared & timed is going to be a hit, but it should at least be a line drive most of the time, even if it's hit right at someone. I'm seeing a lot of lazy fly balls, grounders, and fouls in those cases.

The game is much better after the patches, and I am seeing more variety than before, but it still feels like 90% of my runs scored are via the HR. I do get a few nice line drives here and there, but most of the time it seems like balls down the middle are either gone or an out.

Last edited by jeffy777; 05-27-2017 at 04:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2017, 08:36 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
it would be interesting to see what evryone's average number of hits per game is.

I average more than 9. Last time I calculated it, it was around 9.62.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020: 52-39
Old 05-27-2017, 11:21 AM   #7
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

OVR: 8

It's because there's no ball physics. Think whatever you want to, but the game runs hit/out calculations and that is what drives it. What should be driving it is a ball, hit by a bat, with the PCI indicating the barrel. But that isn't the case. i was so excited by the new "ball physics" this year, but all they are is just a bunch of hanging liners that get caught in the gap. There's still way too much randomness to be called physics.

- Rick Wise
Old 05-27-2017, 11:42 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
These problems have nothing to do with number of hits or even stats in general. The game play hitting physics (velocity and trajectory in relation to timing, PCI placement, and ball location) are the worst I can recall in this series. The attempt at "precision hitting" is a complete failure, provided they didn't abandon it altogether.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »