Home

NHL 18 NOT at EA Play this Year

This is a discussion on NHL 18 NOT at EA Play this Year within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 09:20 PM   #1
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

OVR: 1
NHL 18 NOT at EA Play this Year

NHL 18 will not be at EA Play this year.

I, along with many others, are very nervous about the NHL series.

I think they received a lot of backlash from that survey they posted and are either scrambling to improve the game somehow. People are becoming extremely apathetic with this series and even though I love hockey and it is my favorite sport, I don't think anyone can continue to sit back and accept the path this series is going, especially with some of the nuggets that were in that survey.

By now, we usually have some information. It's essentially June, and the game is supposed to come out early September, right?

Not a good look. Even NBA Live(Yes they have had 2 years to work on the game) will be playable.

Hopefully they are using this time to really improve this game, however by now I would believe the game is pretty much has its features already implemented and its about polishing/fixing bugs etc before release.

Last edited by csamuelsvt; 05-25-2017 at 09:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2017, 09:24 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: NHL 18 NOT at EA Play this Year

I'm pretty sure 17 wasn't at the event last year either. The excuse was they want to focus on Madden and FIFA. At least that's what I remember from last year

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 05-25-2017, 09:26 PM   #3
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangrel
I'm pretty sure 17 wasn't at the event last year either. The excuse was they want to focus on Madden and FIFA. At least that's what I remember from last year

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
NHL was tucked away at E3 I believe. It was playable, but isolated and the only gameplay we got was from either a shaky camera or when Eddie Lack came into play and they streamed it via twitch and of course the edited "gameplay trailer" videos.
Old 05-28-2017, 03:09 PM   #4
Rookie

well i guess get ready for nhl 15 version 3.0
Old 05-29-2017, 03:29 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Is nhl18 confirmed by EA? What are the chances there not going to be an NHL 18? Maybe the late delay of information is caused by the implement of las vegas in the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2017, 07:11 AM   #6
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzerman101
Is nhl18 confirmed by EA? What are the chances there not going to be an NHL 18? Maybe the late delay of information is caused by the implement of las vegas in the game

I was sort of thinking the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-30-2017, 08:27 AM   #7
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0

Didn't they hold a game changers event for NHL 18? There was a whole thread on it and how it's veering away (Possibly) from any sim hockey improvements and going in a more arcade like direction. The thread derailed into an insult fest and was locked down and there is no way to verify anything said. If there was indeed an event I would say we're getting NHL18 but what it is remains a question.
Old 05-30-2017, 10:55 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

I don't think the producers are concerned at all.
And I don't think they care about those survey's whatsoever.

They know there are 850K worth of sales year after year regardless of how it plays.

Without any competition, they can poop in a box and it'll still sell the same.

The last time EA showed any incentive and innovation was when 2K was kicking their butts and they were forced to reclaim their market share.

The skillstick killed 2K and once they were firmly back in the #1 spot, they moved all the best people who resurrected the NHL series to other projects and handed it off to a group that is satisfied to play connect the dots year after year.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »