Home

Your best build and why.

This is a discussion on Your best build and why. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-24-2017, 04:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Your best build and why.

Alright 2K community, we are getting to the 4th quarter of NBA2k17 and September/October is quickly approaching for NBA2k18 where we are anxiously awaiting further details on archetypes, parks, etc.

With that being said, its safe to say that majority of this community regularly, like myself, gets mixed feelings on our builds. One week we make that 6'4 Shot Creator whos a "gawd" for several games then get disgusted with the lack of.... or we make that 7'3 Glass Cleaner who dominates the boards but you get bored with after several games because of the lack of excitement of splashing 3s consistently while your cleaning up others misses.

So give me your go-to build. Give me your ride-or-die build with details of weight, height, key ratings, maybe some tweaks you made that you think puts your build over everyone else's. And why you think this build is the best.

For those thinking well hell why would I give my secret build out?! I don't want you copying me?! I'm a dribbling god... well this thread may not be for you.

Personally, I found the best build that works for me with a combination of inside scoring, mid-range, decent speed (for my position), and rebounding&defense is my 6'11 265lb Glass Cleaner. Has about 60 speed which compared to most big centers I face is way faster by like 10-15 speed rating. My vertical helps clear the gap between height without about 15-20 vertical rating over anyone over 7'0. Recently found a default jump shot that I can even hit about 1/3 3 pointers in MyPark.

go lets hear it 2k community.

Whats your build?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2017, 05:34 PM   #2
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Your best build and why.

I'm always drawn to the all-around perimeter builds.

My 6ft6 220 Playmaker PG is my OG alpha build.

I'm working on another Playmaker G that will have less weight and will benefit from higher lateral quickness as a result of the lower weight. The current one is very sluggish on defense and not as swift and agile as I would appreciate on defense.

The Point Forward who is between 6ft7 and 6ft10 would also be a great fit for me but I haven't tried a Point Forward.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Old 05-24-2017, 05:40 PM   #3
Pro

Rip4ever's Arena

OVR: 0

I started with a playmaking 6'3" PG and he was awesome. Then decided to checkout sharpshooting with a 6'7" SG and that was nice but I didn't like not being a primary ball handler and having to work off the ball so much.

SO my current build about 25 games in is a 6'7" point forward. Really wish I had went with this build from day one. Still plenty fast and I can bang up down inside a lot better. Don't seem to get snuffed going to the cup quite as much. Plus it is a lot easier to get a step on a forward driving inside than it is a PG.

Lookout Oscar I am coming for your triple double crown.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:42 PM   #4
Rookie

LoggeCharly's Arena

My best Build has to be my 6'7'' Point Playmaker with min. weight and max. wingspan.

I did average a triple double for the entire season on hall of fame with this dude, he's just incredible.
Old 05-25-2017, 04:30 PM   #5
Banned

I only made 2 players this year 6'10 stretch PF and 6'9 SF/PF LDD.

Knowing what I know now I would have made the following players.

SG/SF 6'7 LDD lowest weight max wings
PF 6'10 Athletic finisher around 250 weight max wing
SG/SF 6'6 Sharpshooter lowest weight max wing
SF 6'8 Pointfoward lowest weight max wing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2017, 04:35 PM   #6
Elite Allstar

Ray Vibes's Arena

My favorite has been my 6'11 post scorer PF. Second behind him is my 6'11 athletic finisher.
Old 05-25-2017, 06:59 PM   #7
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Vibes
My favorite has been my 6'11 post scorer PF. Second behind him is my 6'11 athletic finisher.
I've been thinking about a post scorer . What are the pros and Cons ? Do you missed the speed ? What about defense ?
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 05-26-2017, 02:14 AM   #8
Pro

MrBallaBoy21's Arena

OVR: 8

This isn't limited to a specific archetype but after fiddling around with some settings I found that any 6'11 C build that weighs 280 lbs and has max wingspan and shoulder length is really good.

They have enough speed and vertical to get up and down the court and jump high enough to get boards(even on 7'3 Cs).

They get better dunking/layup ratings than taller centers.

And with the added weight you max out the strength rating on every build. I think strength is the most underrated attribute this year. It affects so much.

I scrapped my 7'1 Stretch after I found out how much better I played with a 6'11 Stretch Center. I get more boards, I'm much better on defense, and he finishes so much better around the rim.

I can't wait til I max my post scorer so I can use his 94 strength to bully everyone in the paint. Got a glass cleaner on hold too. I wish I would have started these builds at launch

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »