Home

Sorting is a Real Pain

This is a discussion on Sorting is a Real Pain within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-16-2017, 05:52 AM   #1
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
Sorting is a Real Pain

New to DD this year and I have to say that sorting through the cards is a real pain. There's no way to sort by name, certain attributes, career stats, etc. All we get is the standard card view which is really clunky...and of course very slow.

When putting together your squad, you can't even sort by team...which makes completing certain missions even more of a chore.

Seems like it could be greatly optimized.

Otherwise, love the mode and hope to see some improvements in this regard next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2017, 08:29 AM   #2
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Sorting is a Real Pain

Navigating through the menu designs especially during the peak times with the long loading circles is like a mission in itself. I hope in one of the future installments the developers add in more convenient ways to sort and navigate through the menus.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:47 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 2

Wait I'm confused, what do you mean you can't sort by team when building your squad?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-16-2017, 09:57 AM   #4
Data = Power

Billy4NY's Arena

OVR: 0

Agreed. Even just trying to go from SP to 2B takes almost a full minute. Haven't these guys played Madden and seen how to create a drop down position list when flipping through rosters? Would save a ton of time for everyone.
Old 05-16-2017, 09:57 AM   #5
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
Wait I'm confused, what do you mean you can't sort by team when building your squad?

He means exactly what he said. Like for the Cruz breakout program you needed a walk, homer and 6 rbi with rangers, so I filled my lineup with rangers, but I had to sort through all my cards position by position because there are no filters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2017, 10:37 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 2

Oh right, I was thinking of the inventory screen.

Still not being able to sort by team doesn't seem like such a big deal. I like that it makes the cards the centerpiece of each player instead of just an after thought up in the corner. But I can see how people would prefer a drop down Madden style list.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:53 AM   #7
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Yeah it's rubbish to be honest. Having to search through your entire collection looking for breakout players, or players from a certain team, or anything else is an absolute chore. Throw in that the servers are so terrible that flicking between positions is an event in itself and the whole thing is a nightmare.

No idea why they don't have the search tool from the marketplace for team selection, it would be a hell of a lot easier
Old 05-16-2017, 11:09 AM   #8
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
Yeah it's rubbish to be honest. Having to search through your entire collection looking for breakout players, or players from a certain team, or anything else is an absolute chore. Throw in that the servers are so terrible that flicking between positions is an event in itself and the whole thing is a nightmare.

No idea why they don't have the search tool from the marketplace for team selection, it would be a hell of a lot easier
The same overlook as being able to pick 6 of the same player for exchange missions but you have to do it one by one when feeding your created player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »