Home

OSFM V2.5 or Hybrid for Franchise?

This is a discussion on OSFM V2.5 or Hybrid for Franchise? within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-10-2017, 09:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
OSFM V2.5 or Hybrid for Franchise?

So this is kind of a general question and please forgive me for not having better understanding. This is my first year playing the show. I want to do a offline franchise and try to have it as realistic as possible. I have heard and read great things about both Ridin's roster and the Hybrid roster. Is there a version you guys prefer ? Or is there any way to determine which roster is better suited to use for an offline franchise? I will be doing 30 team control, but will give the CPU the power to make trades, edit its lineup, 40 man roster. I appreciate everyone's understanding and help in advance. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2017, 02:42 AM   #2
Banned

Re: OSFM V2.5 or Hybrid for Franchise?

There are SO many versions and combinations. 25 or 40 man, real or default contracts, opening day or up to date. All of than will depend on how you want to play.

Do you want to do all transactions yourself along with real life MLB? Or are you just going to let the computer make decisions for teams and let the franchise play out as an alternate universe?

The difference between Hybrid and OSFM is mostly the ratings. The Hybrid roster makers have developed their own ratings calculator and every single player is re-rated based on stats from last 3 years. Their calculator seems to weight 2016 stats heavier while OSFM ratings seem to weight the last three seasons more equally.

So for example, Bryce Harper is rated higher in OSFM than he is in Hybrid because he had a bad 2016. Javier Baez is rated much higher in Hybrid than he is in OSFM because he had a breakout 2016.

Hybrid rosters seem to be more realistic to me, with all stars getting all star type ratings. Just be warned, the Overall ratings that players get should be ignored. Instead you should be looking at individual ratings like contact, power, fielding, etc.

Personally I am going with Hybrid and just re-rating a few players myself to suit my preferences. So Bryce Harper will be getting a boost because he is a beast this season.

I am going to use a 40 man version (Willards) because I have no interest in populating the rosters myself.

I would like to wait for someone to create a roster that puts all injured players back into MLB teams instead of class A but I might just do that myself.

And I still haven't decided if I care about real or default contracts.

If you don't understand a lot of what I am saying then spend some time in the roster threads. If you're not that interested, just use Willards Hybrid 40 man and don't look back!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-11-2017, 04:14 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 4

Regarding hybrid.. Did I read that players will be getting re-rated with some of this seasons form taken into account also?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-11-2017, 09:06 AM   #4
Rookie

YankeeVic's Arena

I have always used the OSFM V rosters. This year, I decided to give the Hybrid roster a chance. I started my franchise but did not enjoy it. I don't think their calculator works for me. The players ratings are a little all over the place.

Since I will be playing the full 162 & probably into a second season, I'm going to wait for V2.5. Over the years, it has worked well going into multiple season. I'm sure I will enjoy it again this season. Good luck.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:30 AM   #5
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtwilli4
I am going to use a 40 man version (Willards) because I have no interest in populating the rosters myself.

I would like to wait for someone to create a roster that puts all injured players back into MLB teams instead of class A but I might just do that myself.
Just use Willard's 40 man then - when the CPU cuts it down to 25 after spring training, it will automatically use those Class A players in MLB that are on the 40 man roster. You don't have to wait for a roster to do that for you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2017, 04:52 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson
Just use Willard's 40 man then - when the CPU cuts it down to 25 after spring training, it will automatically use those Class A players in MLB that are on the 40 man roster. You don't have to wait for a roster to do that for you.

I'm thanks, I hadn't really thought about that. I got the idea as someone did this in to the OSFM v1 rosters, but yes you're right I don't need to wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-11-2017, 04:54 PM   #7
Pro

Scrapps's Arena

OVR: 14

Hybrid, easily

I think SCEA does a crap job with player ratings, and pitch repertoires. Can't imagine not playing with pitch edits.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:33 PM   #8
Pro

No.27's Arena

For the last couple of days I've been playing the same couple of games on AllStar/Armors Sliders back to back using the Hybrid and OFSM Rosters. For me the pitch edits combined with different contact ratings make a huge difference when using the Hybrid. Lower control ratings mean less pitches down the middle. I'm able to draw and surrender more walks because pitchers miss the zone more often. The game that convinced me to go Hybrid I drew 7 walks and surrendered 4. I've played 40 games or so with the OFSM and never got near those numbers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »