Home

Help!! How can I get Diamond Hakeem & Garnett

This is a discussion on Help!! How can I get Diamond Hakeem & Garnett within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-10-2017, 04:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Help!! How can I get Diamond Hakeem & Garnett

What can I do with my team to get Diamond Hakeem and Diamond Garnett. What can I sell , the auction house is all messed up now, most of my players go for too cheap. BTW is Diamond Payton worth it?
Please help Ya boy!!!
PS4 : 160K MT
Current Team
Attached Images
File Type: png Current Lineup.png (431.1 KB, 82 views)

Last edited by lexxon11; 05-10-2017 at 05:07 PM. Reason: missing information
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2017, 04:22 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Help!! How can I get Diamond Hakeem & Garnett

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexxon11
What can I do with my team to get Diamond Hakeem and Diamond Garnett. What can I sell , the auction house is all messed up now, most of my players go for too cheap. BTW is Diamond Payton worth it?
Please help Ya boy!!!
PS4 :
Current Team
When I looked this morning, Hakeem's price had rebounded up around 400K and Garnett was 330-370K. I'm not sure how much MT you're starting with, but if you're starting with nothing you'd probably have to sell your entire team to get those guys. You could definitely get by without Clyde because you have a bunch of good wings. I'd start there.

After that, it's just a matter of what you're willing to part with. If you're absolutely set on getting Hakeem and/or KG, then you could sell Oscar and replace him with Payton for half the price. Payton is freaking incredible as well. Not nearly the same offensive player, but an absolute menace on defense and more than passable offensively. If you sold Clyde and Oscar you'd probably make about 450K MT after the 10% tax. You also wouldn't have a point guard. Buy Payton and you're down to 300-325K MT. That's enough to make a play for KG, but definitely not both.
Old 05-10-2017, 04:33 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexxon11
Please help Ya boy!!!
Well, if Beasts Drexler is so far down your bench, then the easy thing is to sell him and other cheaper pieces to create the MT.

But I don't know why Drexler isn't starting as your primary SG, instead of Aguirre. I'd play Pierce and PG24 and Baylor over Aguirre at SG, as well. Or SF.

Is Baylor your bench PG? I can see how that works fine, but I don't think he's such a compelling mismatch in posting up other PG's, that I'd want to have a guy who is not predisposed to being a P&R ballhandler, who isn't an elite perimeter defender, and who doesn't have Floor General.

If I were you, I'd run:

Starters: Oscar, Clyde, Pierce, Rodman or Unseld or Marion, Gasol
Old 05-10-2017, 05:01 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickstank
When I looked this morning, Hakeem's price had rebounded up around 400K and Garnett was 330-370K. I'm not sure how much MT you're starting with, but if you're starting with nothing you'd probably have to sell your entire team to get those guys. You could definitely get by without Clyde because you have a bunch of good wings. I'd start there.

After that, it's just a matter of what you're willing to part with. If you're absolutely set on getting Hakeem and/or KG, then you could sell Oscar and replace him with Payton for half the price. Payton is freaking incredible as well. Not nearly the same offensive player, but an absolute menace on defense and more than passable offensively. If you sold Clyde and Oscar you'd probably make about 450K MT after the 10% tax. You also wouldn't have a point guard. Buy Payton and you're down to 300-325K MT. That's enough to make a play for KG, but definitely not both.
Thanks bro I have about 160K MT. I like the defensive flexibility of my squad because most people play small ball. And I am good with Wes Unseld, most people don't play in the post or know how to guard the post. But I don't know how to use Oscar that well and clyde is sooo one dimensional I kinda can play baylor like a drexler.
Old 05-10-2017, 05:06 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Well, if Beasts Drexler is so far down your bench, then the easy thing is to sell him and other cheaper pieces to create the MT.

But I don't know why Drexler isn't starting as your primary SG, instead of Aguirre. I'd play Pierce and PG24 and Baylor over Aguirre at SG, as well. Or SF.

Is Baylor your bench PG? I can see how that works fine, but I don't think he's such a compelling mismatch in posting up other PG's, that I'd want to have a guy who is not predisposed to being a P&R ballhandler, who isn't an elite perimeter defender, and who doesn't have Floor General.

If I were you, I'd run:

Starters: Oscar, Clyde, Pierce, Rodman or Unseld or Marion, Gasol
Thanks for helping me out. I am really good with Aguirre for some reason I can dominate with him he is my primary scorer. I haven't figured out how to use Oscar yet, Clyde is so one dimensional, I play better with baylor at the 2 or 1. My first Unit on defense is sooo good, I am able to switch and guard perimeter very well and I am able to dominate with Unseld who is my secondary scorer and as a surprise I put Kiki at the Center for small stretches to provide a scoring punch. I prefer to dominate in the post , force a double team and then pass out to open shooters or make defense shift.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2017, 05:47 PM   #6
MVP

I won't argue with what works. Just my impressions from my perspective.

For Oscar, the standard thing would be to post up with him a lot, unless being faced by another Oscar or a Magic. I've had problems containing him in the post even with DI Payton. He also is an animal if you can get him into driving animations and it's very difficult to stop an opponent who knows how to ISO dribble, from getting Oscar launched into those animations.

Drexler...he seems to me like he can do it all. Shoot, slash and finish at the rim, and also should have a really great post game. I would advise you, with your current lineup, to try him out as your bench PG at least, instead of Baylor.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:36 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
I won't argue with what works. Just my impressions from my perspective.

For Oscar, the standard thing would be to post up with him a lot, unless being faced by another Oscar or a Magic. I've had problems containing him in the post even with DI Payton. He also is an animal if you can get him into driving animations and it's very difficult to stop an opponent who knows how to ISO dribble, from getting Oscar launched into those animations.

Drexler...he seems to me like he can do it all. Shoot, slash and finish at the rim, and also should have a really great post game. I would advise you, with your current lineup, to try him out as your bench PG at least, instead of Baylor.
Well , this is what i did for the time being until I can get KG and Hakeem to replace Aguirre and Debusschere. I picked up Nash to pair with Marion.

Hopefully this gets me along until those prices come down.
Attached Images
File Type: png Current Lineup.png (425.5 KB, 45 views)
Old 05-11-2017, 12:54 PM   #8
Pro

anditbeg1ns's Arena

Prices for KG and Hakeem will like stay put for the rest of the week and will only go up from there, similar to DS2 Tmac. These are end game quality cards, there won't be a lot more cards that will come out from here on out that will make people sell their Hakeem or KG for newer cards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »