Home

Biggest Disappointment/Suprise (player) in Franchise

This is a discussion on Biggest Disappointment/Suprise (player) in Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-29-2017, 04:55 PM   #1
MVP

TGov's Arena

OVR: 8
Biggest Disappointment/Suprise (player) in Franchise

I just can't seem to do ANYTHING with Hanley Ramirez so far. I'm a couple weeks from the All-star break so there's some time left. So far he's hitting around .175 w/4 HR.
Dustin Pedroia is also struggling with a .235 AVG but has still been valuable otherwise.

On the flipside, Chris Young has been a huge offensive force for me off the bench, I'd like to get him more playing time actually. Also, David Price has pitched how he was supposed to when he was signed, so that's nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2017, 07:25 PM   #2
Rookie

engrishbwudd's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Biggest Disappointment/Suprise (player) in Franchise

Charlie Blackmon is barely hitting over .100 after twenty games into the season. I know he'll get hot soon, but I was hoping to have him be reliable at the top of my lineup. I'v begun saying, "Ah, here comes another pop fly," everytime he's at bat. Usually spot on. Such is baseball.
Old 04-29-2017, 10:27 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrishbwudd
Charlie Blackmon is barely hitting over .100 after twenty games into the season. I know he'll get hot soon, but I was hoping to have him be reliable at the top of my lineup. I'v begun saying, "Ah, here comes another pop fly," everytime he's at bat. Usually spot on. Such is baseball.
My Blackmon is also struggling at a hair under .200 but it's not just him. My Nolan Arenado is only hitting about .215, Mark Reynolds is hitting only about .100, and Dahl is also struggling at about .130
Old 04-30-2017, 12:24 AM   #4
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

My biggest surprise is both Adam Duvall and Marcus Semien. Last year, Semien was horrific, but now has a slash line close to .320/.350/.480 and Duvall has 30 dingers through mid May.

My biggest disappointment is Matt Olsen and Bruce Maxwell. I just can't get them to hit, at all. It also feels like none of my prospects are developing. Cotton is still at 57 overall almost no one except Mengden is over 70, and that's because I boosted him. I hope I don't have to go boost all their attributes before they get too old.
Old 04-30-2017, 02:04 PM   #5
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Surprise - Cory Spangenberg, Travis Jankowski
Disappointment - Brad Hand
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2017, 05:42 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

*sits back and waits for someone to say Trout or Kershaw*

Maybe I expect too much from Jose Abreu but he's hovering batting around .260-.265 and his HR totals are only on pace for 20 on the season unless he ticks it up a notch over the summer.
Todd Frazier
is actually surprising me as he's sitting at .280 for average.
Yoan Moncada
, no surprize there, he's a virtual video game god HoF bound.
I needed Jose Quintana to Cy Young the Sox to the playoffs, and though he holds his own, he's no Chris Sale.
There are a few ex-Oriole pitchers I would tend to avoid (Wei-Yin Chen, Bud Norris, Yovani Gallardo)
but Miguel Gonzalez quickly became one of my go-to guys for the Pale Hose.
I know Mayckol Guaipe is garbage hence his removal from the Show, but I still was hopeful in his one call-up relief appearance.
His lone 2/3 of an inning for me was enough to quickly release him back into the wild.
Frankly I dont know how he got 2 major league batters out, let alone 1.
Leury Garcia
didnt make the cut on the 25 man roster but I did give him a cup of coffee and come September if I dont have a chance at a WC then he'll get more of a chance as I can plug him into anywhere defensively.

overall IMO this is the more interesting Chicago team to play with in 2017 and it want take a hundred plus years to win it all for the Second City, even if I dont win it in '17.

A Work in Progress

Last edited by Caulfield; 04-30-2017 at 05:45 PM.
Old 04-30-2017, 11:18 PM   #7
Just started!

NukeLaLoosh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
Surprise - Cory Spangenberg, Travis Jankowski
Disappointment - Brad Hand
I'm also playing a Dads franchise and through about 40 games Jankowski is also my surprise. Hes hitting over .350 with 20 ish RBI. I can't seem to draw many walks with him so the OBP is still under .400 and my running game is non existent.
Old 05-01-2017, 04:09 AM   #8
Rookie

In my Braves franchise, year four, play 1, sim 3
Biggest surprise: Dansby Swanson, I swear I get a 3 hit game every other game I play as him, and every fifth I lead off with a homer
Aaron Blair. Every game I get a quality start, though I can usually only get 6 out of him, but I've racked up a few 11 + k games from him
Disappointments:
Ender Enciarte. I can't for the life of me get a hit with him, which is funny since during the season he's batting .319 probably would be in the .330s if I never played as him.
Arodys Viscaino: either I strike out the side in order or I give up 3 homers. I blew 5 out of 8 save opportunities with him.
Mixture: signed Manny Machado, usually can get hits from him, but only singles, I honestly think I've gotten one extra base hit using him

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »