Home

Dynamic Duos Updated 4/27

This is a discussion on Dynamic Duos Updated 4/27 within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-27-2017, 07:09 PM   #1
Rookie

aLargeJewishGuy's Arena

OVR: 0

Some higher end dynamic duos were added this morning. Most notable of them includes Tmac(Wingmen)&Yao, Tmac(DS2)&Vince, and Boogie&AD.

As someone who locked in wingmen collection but now runs Hakeem, do I really go get diamond Yao and dominate with Tmac off the bench?

Lots of possibilities here. Enjoy the duos! They're all up on 2KMTCentral. Which ones look the best? Plans to use any?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2017, 08:28 PM   #2
Banned

jschmib's Arena

Re: Dynamic Duos Updated 4/27

The one that stood out to me was DI Drummond & DI Rodman. Drummond's free throw becomes an 84, rodman's is boosted as well. Drummond gets 99 boxout and rebounding. Really makes me consider selling Mutombo and Getting Drummond. Absolutely loved his Ruby card, only problem was the free throw.

Drummond with an 84 FT!!!

I don't care about the rest really, most involve cards I'd never be able to afford.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:46 PM   #3
Rookie

aLargeJewishGuy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschmib
The one that stood out to me was DI Drummond & DI Rodman. Drummond's free throw becomes an 84, rodman's is boosted as well. Drummond gets 99 boxout and rebounding. Really makes me consider selling Mutombo and Getting Drummond. Absolutely loved his Ruby card, only problem was the free throw.

Drummond with an 84 FT!!!

I don't care about the rest really, most involve cards I'd never be able to afford.

That's incredible. It definitely has me thinking of that duo for sure, feel like a vert shoe on that DD Drummond with worm could be the Yao stopper 3000.

On a sidenote, a nice little nod from 2k by making that Rockets Tmac DD turn him into the same exact card attribute-wise (minus literally 2 pts) as DS2 Tmac without HOF badges. Feel like I must take advantage of this.
Old 05-07-2017, 10:46 AM   #4
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aLargeJewishGuy

On a sidenote, a nice little nod from 2k by making that Rockets Tmac DD turn him into the same exact card attribute-wise (minus literally 2 pts) as DS2 Tmac without HOF badges. Feel like I must take advantage of this.

I finally got that Yao for a decent price to try T-Mac...the boost is jaw dropping....

As you said it's literally the same card just w/o the HoF badging. If you add a shoe with accell/swb he almost reaches 99 in all mandatory categories.

With the shooting nerfs of the latest patches he actually is very useful as an explosive finisher.

...and that Yao is straight cheese. Height is way to powerful in this game.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:24 PM   #5
Banned

jschmib's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
I finally got that Yao for a decent price to try T-Mac...the boost is jaw dropping....

As you said it's literally the same card just w/o the HoF badging. If you add a shoe with accell/swb he almost reaches 99 in all mandatory categories.

With the shooting nerfs of the latest patches he actually is very useful as an explosive finisher.

...and that Yao is straight cheese. Height is way to powerful in this game.
If I had to pick ONE thing about 2k17 that I absolutely could not live with in 2k18, it's the Yao. The amethyst one is quite honestly better than most diamond centers. And the fact that they just flooded the market with a card like that just ruins the diversity of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2017, 11:59 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschmib
If I had to pick ONE thing about 2k17 that I absolutely could not live with in 2k18, it's the Yao. The amethyst one is quite honestly better than most diamond centers. And the fact that they just flooded the market with a card like that just ruins the diversity of the game.
2K definitely screwed up this year by making that amethyst Yao Ming card so common.

Even now, he's still one of the most dominant center cards in the game, and 2K made it so that everyone who plays the mode can (and does) have him.

And whenever your opponent has Yao in their lineup, it effectively negates your ability to use a ton of center cards that would otherwise be viable options if there wasn't a 7'6" glitch clogging the lane all game long.
Old 05-08-2017, 06:45 AM   #7
MVP

justlaze's Arena

I agree with the fact that making Amy Yao common was one of the greatest flaws this game had. I feel dirty using the Diamond Yao with the boosted stats but if I get free copy of Magic Tmac, who otherwise just would sit in my collection, it's worth it. The card itself is just to good with +149 attributes to not take advantage of.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:43 PM   #8
Pro

Scooby Doo's Arena

Honestly I don't face Yao that often now, maybe once every 7 or so games... maybe I'm lucky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »