Home

Auto-Baserunning Issues

This is a discussion on Auto-Baserunning Issues within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-27-2017, 12:47 AM   #1
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Auto-Baserunning Issues

If you are having issues with Auto Baserunning I need video from you. Either send it to my PSN (MillenniumOS), tweet it with my Twitter tagged (@MillenniumOS) or post it in this thread. The video should show the ball being batted into play with the entire play included.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2017, 02:01 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Auto-Baserunning Issues

How do you create and post a video showing batted ball in play? Is there a tutorial?
Old 04-27-2017, 02:48 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by knich
How do you create and post a video showing batted ball in play? Is there a tutorial?
Share button.

Before trying this, if you don't use the recording feature for anything else, make things easier on yourself by setting the recording limit to something small. To do this, press the share button to go into the display menu and go to Sharing and Broadcast settings > Video Clip settings. Set it to 30 seconds or 1 minute. Then just play. This will keep you from having to trim down the video from being too long, and just adding another unnecessary step.

If you see something that you didn't like, press and release the share button to bring up the display menu and press Square to save the previous gameplay (either 30 seconds or a minute if you did what I suggested above). This video will show up in the MLB 17 section of your capture gallery.

From here you have a couple of options, though they both ultimately lead to the same result. You can either upload to Youtube directly from the PS4 or save the video to a flash drive. For simplicity's sake I'd suggest uploading straight to Youtube. Find the video in your capture gallery, highlight it and press Share. Then just follow the instructions on-screen (it will walk you through creating a Youtube account if you don't already have one). When the process is done you'll be able to see the video on Youtube's site, and the URL where you can watch that video is your video evidence. (you can also embed so the player actually shows up in the post, but that's getting into unnecessary stuff again)

I would suggest not using the in-game replay for this - live recording of the actual play is always best.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:00 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Share button.

Before trying this, if you don't use the recording feature for anything else, make things easier on yourself by setting the recording limit to something small. To do this, press the share button to go into the display menu and go to Sharing and Broadcast settings > Video Clip settings. Set it to 30 seconds or 1 minute. Then just play. This will keep you from having to trim down the video from being too long, and just adding another unnecessary step.

If you see something that you didn't like, press and release the share button to bring up the display menu and press Square to save the previous gameplay (either 30 seconds or a minute if you did what I suggested above). This video will show up in the MLB 17 section of your capture gallery.

From here you have a couple of options, though they both ultimately lead to the same result. You can either upload to Youtube directly from the PS4 or save the video to a flash drive. For simplicity's sake I'd suggest uploading straight to Youtube. Find the video in your capture gallery, highlight it and press Share. Then just follow the instructions on-screen (it will walk you through creating a Youtube account if you don't already have one). When the process is done you'll be able to see the video on Youtube's site, and the URL where you can watch that video is your video evidence. (you can also embed so the player actually shows up in the post, but that's getting into unnecessary stuff again)

I would suggest not using the in-game replay for this - live recording of the actual play is always best.
Thanks. Will give it a try.
Old 04-28-2017, 10:23 PM   #5
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

Anyone? I don't normally bump threads like this, but you want an open ear and direct feedback to the devs I am offering it to you for a very specific issue I know I have seen complained about.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2017, 10:29 PM   #6
MVP

XxKnicksRules215xX's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Anyone? I don't normally bump threads like this, but you want an open ear and direct feedback to the devs I am offering it to you for a very specific issue I know I have seen complained about.
Yes I've seen a couple instances where the runner will not advance on clear long fly ball hits thus runs missing from the board.
Old 04-28-2017, 10:30 PM   #7
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxKnicksRules215xX
Yes I've seen a couple instances where the runner will not advance on clear long fly ball hits thus runs missing from the board.
Read the OP - Video. I need video to show the issues.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 04-28-2017, 10:31 PM   #8
MVP

XxKnicksRules215xX's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Read the OP - Video. I need video to show the issues.
Oh sorry, I will post video when it happens against.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »