Home

9-3 putout?

This is a discussion on 9-3 putout? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-26-2017, 02:51 AM   #1
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0
9-3 putout?

Has anyone ever got a 9-3 putout yet in this game? I could've sworn I've done this in The Show 15, not so much 16 and 17. What is up with that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2017, 04:02 AM   #2
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

Re: 9-3 putout?

Can't say I have.. I did have a 9-6 force-out today in rtts. Guy on 1st, base hit to RF or what should have been a base hit - and threw to 2nd to get the lead runner.

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Old 04-26-2017, 04:06 AM   #3
Pro

9-3 putout?

I've done it once. It was a big problem in 15, they changed it in 16 so that your first baseman didn't cover first on everything hit to the right side, which is the same in 17. It only pops up on a ball in to the 3.5 hole that the CPU thinks you second baseman has a play on. The play I was able to make was on a ball that was hammered by Elvis Andrus (74spd). To be honest I threw it to first just because it was hit so hard, I never thought I'd get him out.

I'm wondering if humanityAI was at play. i.e. He wasn't running hard because he figured it was a clear single.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020: 52-39

Last edited by Greencollarbaseball; 05-24-2017 at 06:16 AM.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:29 AM   #4
Pro

SolidSnake07's Arena

OVR: 6

I got one a few days ago and it preserved a no-no. Then I gave up a single two at bats later.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk
Old 04-26-2017, 12:01 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp
Can't say I have.. I did have a 9-6 force-out today in rtts. Guy on 1st, base hit to RF or what should have been a base hit - and threw to 2nd to get the lead runner.
Man I cannot tell you how many times that happened in MLB 16 The Show. Anytime the ball was hit towards the 2B sound, the base runner on first always paused briefly to make sure the ball wouldn't hit him. Many times I hit the ball very hard to RF, and due to the base runner pausing for a brief period, it made a 9-6 putout happen quite a bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2017, 12:13 PM   #6
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

I got one against the pitcher last night. A line drive that dropped right in front of the RF and a pitcher that had 1 speed.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 04-26-2017, 12:57 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Nope, but I have tried. Thought I might have a chance a few times, but first baseman isn't standing on the bag anytime I try.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:01 PM   #8
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
Nope, but I have tried. Thought I might have a chance a few times, but first baseman isn't standing on the bag anytime I try.
It's things like this that make me say: "If this is a temporary solution, fine... but if you have to cheat us to prevent something like this from happening, then there are bigger issues at play that need to be addressed." It's along the same lines that plagues this game from getting XBH down the lines.

I hope they resolve what that is someday. I can partly name some of them, but I don't have solutions in programming language to address them directly.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »