Home

How successful do you think 2k17 was overall?

This is a discussion on How successful do you think 2k17 was overall? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: How succesful was 2k17 as a game
Very Succesful - One of the best games i've ever played 7 5.47%
Fairly Succesful - Happy with the game overall 38 29.69%
Not Very Succesful - Not as good as I was hoping it would be 54 42.19%
Very Unsuccesful - Horrible Game Overall 29 22.66%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-24-2017, 07:06 PM   #1
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

OVR: 0
How successful do you think 2k17 was overall?

With all of the major patches and fixes done with at this point, I think it's safe to say that we're playing the final version of NBA 2k17 with the exception of maybe a few more small shooting tweaks. How successful do you think the game was overall considering how hyped up it was?

EDIT: By success, I mean game wise. Nothing to do with sales or revenue or anything like that, I'm talking strictly as a basketball game, do you think it was as good as you were hoping it to be.

EDIT 2: The point of this this thread was to hopefully show 2k that changes need to be made in 2k18

Last edited by VAWereWolf65; 04-25-2017 at 06:38 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2017, 07:51 PM   #2
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

Re: How successful do you think 2k17 was overall?

Pretty good, but I'm still sitting & waiting for the removal of 5 out.

The defensive CPU logic just can't handle iso's & pick n rolls from that formation well at all.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:23 PM   #3
Rookie

No...but what exactly do you determine as a success?
Old 04-24-2017, 08:32 PM   #4
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

As far as business and sales go? This game was very successful, highest selling 2K if I recall?

Success as in being able to deliver a good sim basketball game? In my opinion, there was a point during the cycle, around Patch 4/5 I think, where the gameplay was so bad that I had to stop playing it. At that point it was easily the worst 2K I had ever played. Luckily, the game was saved through a ton of patches and the while the gameplay is still not great it's playable now.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:39 PM   #5
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
As far as business and sales go? This game was very successful, highest selling 2K if I recall?

Success as in being able to deliver a good sim basketball game? In my opinion, there was a point during the cycle, around Patch 4/5 I think, where the gameplay was so bad that I had to stop playing it. At that point it was easily the worst 2K I had ever played. Luckily, the game was saved through a ton of patches and the while the gameplay is still not great it's playable now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakstarter
No...but what exactly do you determine as a success?
My fault, I should have clarified better. Check the first post, I made an edit and elaborated more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2017, 01:39 AM   #6
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

It's the least I've enjoyed a 2K game since I started playing them when I switched from NBA Live back in 2K8. The fact that all my friends who played together the last 4 years till the end of cycle each year already stopped playing months ago should sum things up.

Too many bugs and legacy issues, to many exploitable simple strategies, too easy shooting from every position even by players with low ratings.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-25-2017, 04:26 AM   #7
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11

Very successful. It plays a good game of basketball, presentation is the best in the market by a long shot and its all very fluid.

However, I still don't think its reached the heights of 2K Pinnacle (NBA 2K11). I feel like everything after that has been a bit bumpy and I don't know why.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:26 AM   #8
Rookie

blazenmusic20's Arena

The past two installments of 2K has caused me to anticipate what Live will bring to the table this year. I used to be able to chain games together at 12min quarters on HOF (2K15), but now I lose immersion after the first game. Too many head scratchers, whether they go my way or not. I think 2K needs to refocus on gameplay and features of gameplay, which I thought were the hallmarks of 2K, and actually caused my transition from live. As a huge mycareer fan, I would really like for all the linear cringe cutscenes to be lessened, and focus on immersive gameplay options (coach and GM sit downs for example), additional diverse commentary to follow your career (for more than one year) and immersive in-game aspects like your coach asking you to guard another team's star, not play fourth quarters of blowouts (instead of asking out and acquiring simulation stats for the rest of the simulated game), and achievable goals scaled to your level of play that offer rewards in mycareer (requesting players, asking for different coach or scheme, interacting with owner about NEW uniforms or ways to brand yourself as the star of the team). The little things go a long way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »