Home

Decisions are hard! To sell or keep Diamond Arrieta?

This is a discussion on Decisions are hard! To sell or keep Diamond Arrieta? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-17-2017, 07:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Decisions are hard! To sell or keep Diamond Arrieta?

Hey all,

I managed to get diamond Jake Arrieta as a daily login yesterday, and I'm torn. I like him a lot. He's my top pitcher, although I have diamond Sabathia and Catfish Hunter, and diamond Britton in the pen.

I only play offline for fun, so keep that in mind.

I'm curious... what would you guys do? Keep him? Other options are sell him and buy a few good gold position players (I have Pedroia, Bogaerts and one other gold) or sell Arrieta and buy a 50-pack.

I know pack odds are meh... but it would fill a ton of collections for me and it's 300 players for the price of one.

What would you do? Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2017, 08:19 PM   #2
Rookie

warriorskins's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Decisions are hard! To sell or keep Diamond Arrieta?

Personally I would sell and buy the players you want. Maybe go after some team epics that look good. I do not trust packs at all, but if you want to take a chance and fill out your club then it's your choice. But personally I would just buy players off the market

Old 04-17-2017, 08:43 PM   #3
Rookie

If you are playing mostly offline I'd sell and use the stubs to complete some full team collections as you will end up with lots of good cards from that.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:19 PM   #4
Rookie

thekidisback's Arena

Do you plan on collecting the whole Cubs team? If so, keeping the card makes that cheaper. Theshownation is down right now so I can't see what he is going for but I would sell him if you don't plan on completing the Cubs team. You can always buy him again later on unless you blow your subs on a 50 pack which I do not recommend. You will not be trading 300 guys for 1 since you will be getting a lot of duplicates and equipment and stadium cards etc so you might not fill out all the rosters like you would hope from a 50 pack. I have only gotten a diamond cleat as a log in reward which I sold for 14k but never a diamond player and I would love to have your dilemma.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:57 PM   #5
Rookie

Finn's Arena

As most have said before my vote would be to use him to complete​ other team collections unless of course you are planning on finishing the Cubs 40.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2017, 10:28 PM   #6
Rookie

848's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm having this dilemma too but with Diamond Aroldis. I pulled him last week and it was super exciting, and now I am attached to him because it was my greatest pull ever. I've considered selling him and buying a couple other guys, but so far I can't pull the trigger. I feel like because I pulled him I can't get rid of him!

I'm also alright keeping him though because that Diamond Jorge Posada looks pretty good to me...so for now Aroldis stays
Old 04-17-2017, 11:18 PM   #7
Rookie

I'm not planning on completing the Cubs any time soon. I'm a White Sox fan, by the way, so it's funny that I'm torn on keeping Arrieta. He's SO GOOD though.

I'm leaning toward selling him. Just haven't decided what to do with the 62,000 stubs or so I'll have after.

My thoughts on a 50 pack are that even if I get no diamond or gold (which I expect not to), I'll earn some stubs based on the handful of 15 and even 25 player collections I'll complete, and can probably get a gold or three from there.

To me that's almost worth the risk of a 50 pack of disappointment...

Old 04-18-2017, 04:01 PM   #8
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

I'd be tempted to sell any high valued diamond starting pitcher, who I did not need for a collection, since there is no telling just how often that pitcher is going to be selected to start. You could go 10 or more games and never get the chance to use them.

Now, a diamond Closer is a whole different ballgame because you can use them every game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »