Home

How to Handle Morale regarding Salaries

This is a discussion on How to Handle Morale regarding Salaries within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-11-2017, 08:12 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
How to Handle Morale regarding Salaries

I was wondering how folks handle low morale for players that are angry with their contract? For example, I am ready to start my Cubs Franchise. I downloaded the OSFM 40 Man/No Injuries (THANKS AGAIN for all the work that was put in selflessly on this project!) and looked at the morale of my players and noticed players such as Hendricks, Bryant and many others were angry about their contracts. I know the real salaries aren't in the roster but how do you handle those guys? Especially with some that have increased their salary in the off season IRL (i.e Bryant), so I know he wouldn't be angry about his salary. Do you- #1 Ignore it and move on and take the ratings hit #2 Change their salary to the amount they expect in the roster so they are happy/satisfied? I feel guilty if I do this with just my team. But, I don't have enough free time to change the players on other teams that are in the same situation. I would like to get a basic idea on how other members handle this situation. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read and respond.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2017, 08:59 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: How to Handle Morale regarding Salaries

It'd be nice if we could turn off morale like you can in OOTP. I'm no programmer but that seems like something that could even be addressed with a patch.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:05 AM   #3
Pro

Thanks for the reply. So, how do you handle it? Just ignore it and move on....taking the ratings hit? There are supposedly a lot of 'Sim' players, but this issue, which does affect the gameplay, isn't talked about much..... Seems like more folks are worried about things such as sock colors, glove, hair styles, batting gloves etc...than they are about issues that affect gameplay.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:08 AM   #4
Rookie

I'm just in a holding pattern until there's a consensus on the best version of rosters for what I want. Looks like there will be a version 1.5 with 40 man and default contracts in the vault tonight. I think that hits all my markers. I'm going to start a random team franchise with something like that, then I'll probably start a franchise with my favorite team when Hybrid drops. Of course I'll probably have to wait for someone to drop a 40 man default salary version of that also.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:36 AM   #5
Pro

Yeah, I wanted to get my franchise started and not wait around any longer....any other inputs from members on how they handle this issue?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2017, 12:48 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Does Morale even really matter?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-11-2017, 01:07 PM   #7
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
Does Morale even really matter?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Operation Sports mobile app
I believe negative morale takes a few points off player's attributes and positive morale adds a few points to player's attributes
NBA: BOSTON CELTICS
NFL: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
NHL: BOSTON BRUINS

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Old 04-11-2017, 01:37 PM   #8
Rookie

KCRoyals2045WS.Chmps's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxfan31
I believe negative morale takes a few points off player's attributes and positive morale adds a few points to player's attributes
Looking at morale last night on a simmed 30-team franchise, I saw player ratings as much as 4 points higher overall for high morale and as low as 11 points lower overall for low morale.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »