Home

Its funny how this is a totally different game for post players

This is a discussion on Its funny how this is a totally different game for post players within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-10-2017, 09:41 AM   #1
Banned

Housh123's Arena

OVR: 0

I like coming on here and reading problems people are having and thinking of ways they can be fixed.

With that said it seems like EVERYTHING done patch wise all year has been to tweak the game for guards and guards ONLY. Example is that poll that asked if steal success was at an acceptable level. That poll ended around 50% for each option. I think that poll needed a separate caveat where you could denote what position you played mostly. Because reaching in is at a level that is so bad that as a post scorer I can run park for 3 hours straight and may only play literally ONE game where my defender doesn't just reach on me every time I touch the ball. I understand lockdowns and rim protectors giving me issues but when stretch bigs are averaging 5-6 fouls on me in the park and getting 3-4 steals there is a problem. I played yesterday and all guys did was spam reach whenever I posted them up. Some guy literally fouled me 6 times. Still gave up 4/4 but the game took over 20 mins and he ripped me 4 times.

I hope 2k keeps listening to the community in their games. I know the steal success in the post is so high because guards shouldn't have to worry about automatically giving up 21 when they are against a big man but there has to be a better way to make this work. I honestly think I won't play park again because of this. Like every game my defender is finishing with 5 plus fouls. It's making my archetype worthless.

I mean idk if any of you guys ever had a rough park outing. But that's every time I play park. I always shoot well but against the most persistent reach spammers games take 20-30 mins and my man has a minimum for 4 fouls but the most a guy has fouled me is 8-9. I know most of you are saying just pass the ball and set screens but THATS WHAT I DO. Randoms don't know how to score!! I get passed the ball and go to set a screen and before I can set the screen most randoms pass me the ball right back. Then boom the reach spamming starts. It's kinda getting funny now because Guys are starting to get obnoxious and when I lose they send me messages calling me trash. It's gotten way worse since this new patch. Before I could set screens for guys to shoot and I didn't have to post up that much. Now guys are so trash at scoring that they are forcing me the ball. Even tho I'm finishing games at an average of 72% shooting it's not meaning jack because I'm losing the ball to reach spammers so much.

My problem is mostly 2s because on 3s I can usually find a guy to pass to when I know I'm getting Reached on. Also pro am is very good at calling fouls for spam reaching post players. Levels for those modes is still too high imo but they are tolerable. But 2s is unplayable and to me that's a big deal

Last edited by Housh123; 04-10-2017 at 09:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2017, 10:18 AM   #2
Pro

I feel you man. My ideal player would be a post scorer like LMA but big men get NOOOO love. It's gotten slightly better but I had to switch to a wing last year because it got so annoying when I was usually the best player on my team on park or pro-am but was treated as nothing more then a glorified screen setter and wasn't allowed to touch the ball unless I get a rebound off a 3pt brick and even then they would get hurt if u didn't pass out.

It's so funny last year my pro-am team was ~50-30 with me playing in about 65 of those games. And most of the losses were games they played without me or when they brought in another C who would have an aneurism if I went near the paint even tho I was a Inside and he was a outside. I averaged something like 23PPG 13REB 5Offensive 2 blocks and 5AST (the other team respected me more and my team so they doubled me a lot and our actual Pg averaged ~6-7) a game playing with them and was played of the game EVERY SINGLE TIME I PLAYED despite not getting touches outside of putbacks and the rare time the PG tried to pass to someone else and directional passing showed me some love. But despite me being the heart of that team they outside center who s*** himself every time I touch the ball in the paint convinced the rest of them that I was "trash" because I couldn't shoot despite me being player of the game in all of our wins and them not winning a single game when I didn't play. So they kicked me and was talking trash so I played them with my friends and we won by 20 and I dropped 50 and they blocked me on XBox. They went on to lose their next 10 or so straight games and then all left each other

TL;DR: I was the heart of my team last year and carried them in most stats but they decided that even though they never won without me getting player of the game every game I was booty because I was a inside big and couldn't shoot. They kicked me and I dropped 50 on them and they went on to lose about 10 more games before they all broke up.

I also don't blame them that much for it too because 2K's poor design is what led to this mentality of 3 or nothing and that if you can't shoot you are useless. Why go inside when you have a better chance of hop stepping into a half court three than hitting a layup over a guy you have almost a foot or more on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by E The Rhymer; 04-10-2017 at 10:22 AM.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:36 PM   #3
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Re: Its funny how this is a totally different game for post players

I just played my first pro am game since they patch....Uh did they patch things for big men too?

I'm getting outrebounded and defended by a stretch big...I played through 3 1/2 quarters and had ONE rebound. I get 20 easily. I quit that game...never seen such trash.

My guy was moving like he's stuck in mud. Wouldn't get up in the air for any sort of defense or rebound.

And on offense doing my post moves I felt like a robot...is it just me?

-Allen Iverson
Old 04-10-2017, 01:11 PM   #4
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

So edit to the above...

Guess that game was just crazy laggy..

Played again and had a good game...but

I swear steals are just as bad if not worse for us big men. Why is a 7'2 300 lb post up center unable to back down a stretch big if he's spamming x? I'm throwing him backwards into the paint but the second I go up to dunk or do any head fake the ball gets ripped.

-Allen Iverson
Old 04-10-2017, 01:26 PM   #5
Rookie

RallerenAFC's Arena

As a Lockdown Defender I feel you on this. I don't know why you can't foul out of a park game. 2k should implement a rule that if you commit 3 or 4 fouls you are out of the game and lose it also. (Only for the guy that fouls out) That way there is a punishment for a player when reaching and you won't have this problem.

I just don't know why 2k didn't make a poll about this instead of the steals...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2017, 01:31 PM   #6
MVP

ph33's Arena

You know what my favorite kind of teammate is?

Me - "Look! Got deep position on the block against my matchup!"
Teammate - "Cool thanks for the pick! *Drives right by to get blocked on a reverse*"
Old 04-10-2017, 01:53 PM   #7
Rookie

CBAT's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallerenAFC
As a Lockdown Defender I feel you on this. I don't know why you can't foul out of a park game. 2k should implement a rule that if you commit 3 or 4 fouls you are out of the game and lose it also. (Only for the guy that fouls out) That way there is a punishment for a player when reaching and you won't have this problem.

I just don't know why 2k didn't make a poll about this instead of the steals...
Or how about allowing your player to take a swing at that player? That is what would happen IRL...
Old 04-10-2017, 05:37 PM   #8
Pro

If you want them to even look at the post game, you're going to have to wait until someone like Embiid dominates the league with nothing but shimmy hooks and fades and up and unders. In this game, Asik Moves in the post like Hakeem does

They focus on what is seen on the highlights, and that's guards popping 30 footers, and LeBron throwing down oops.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »