Home

BYU 14's "Old Guy" quick count sliders for The Show 17

This is a discussion on BYU 14's "Old Guy" quick count sliders for The Show 17 within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-09-2017, 04:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
BYU 14's "Old Guy" quick count sliders for The Show 17

I will preface this by saying these are likely niche sliders for gamers like myself that are on the plus side of 50 years old. I am very active and in great shape, but like everything else the eyes take a hit as you get old and I am not as good on the stick as I was 10,20, 30 years ago.

The purpose of these sliders is to create a fun, realistic experience for those in my shoes, so hopefully you will give them a try and leave feedback if that shoe fits

Update 07/20/17 Patch 1.10
User Hitting: Veteran or Veteran+
User Pitching: All-Star or HOF
Hitting Interface: Directional (I like this because ratings factor in more)
Pitching Interface: Classic (Same as above and you need to get to know your pitchers to know when to release, as I play with vibrations off)
Quick Counts: On
*I only hit with the X button, again to let ratings factor in more, rather than artificially expand the plate coverage, or power. User preference here.

I like a clean screen because it provides better immersion for me, so I let the catcher call the game. I have pitch confidence on and the pitch call out set to yes, but everything else is off, including vibration as indicated above.

I go with auto fielding and base running, and only decide which base to throw to.

Personal Ump preference
is on
Hitting view is offset zoom (That eyes thing)
Pitching View is custom, start with pitcher wide, elevate it and zoom so I can see the Catchers fingers.

Patches 1.09/1.10 may have been a boon in that it made most of the default settings viable again and continues to provide an awesome game play experience.

Sliders for 1.10
Everything on default except
Human Timing 2 (Need to provide some challenge on veteran hitting)
CPU pitcher consistency 4 (CPU needs to miss it's spots or too many pitches get grooved on veteran hitting)
Fielder Speed 4 (So you don't completely neuter the gap hitting)
Injuries 6 (More realistic in relation to the modern game)
*If you go with HOF pitching lower CPU solid hits to 4 (Everything else same as All-Star)
For pitch speed, it is important to keep both numbers the same, especially on veteran hitting, otherwise everything is too easy to time.

That's it, these have given these a good test run by myself and recently Bryan1982 and we are getting a good variety of results, pitching and hitting both factor in player ratings more than ever and fielding is better than it was on default pre-patch with slider adjustments. The combination of human timing and pitcher consistency adjustments prevent you from just teeing off on veteran hitting and All-Star pitching requires more precision than before, so you just won't mow through lineups.

Click spoiler tab for version 1.08 patch version HOF pitching/Vet or All-star hitting
Spoiler

Last edited by BYU 14; 07-30-2017 at 02:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2017, 06:20 PM   #2
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

Re: BYU 14's "Old Guy" quick count sliders for The Show 17

Love the these, but how do you work around that manager hook glitch on QC? I tried everything

Sent from my SM-G360T using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-09-2017, 08:01 PM   #3
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19

are these in the vault if so what title or user name are they under? if not, no biggie looks good.. not much of a slider user due to overthinking everything I do but seeing how I fit your user group or in very close I think I might take these for a ride for a series or so and see how I do.

but really my serious problem is I have no patience at the plate... and the CPU knows it this year
Old 04-09-2017, 08:49 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover15
are these in the vault if so what title or user name are they under? if not, no biggie looks good.. not much of a slider user due to overthinking everything I do but seeing how I fit your user group or in very close I think I might take these for a ride for a series or so and see how I do.

but really my serious problem is I have no patience at the plate... and the CPU knows it this year

Patience is my issue too, which is why I went 4/6 on pitch speed, has helped me work counts and draw walks much better. I will upload to the vault later tonight.
Old 04-09-2017, 08:56 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by awffltony77
Love the these, but how do you work around that manager hook glitch on QC? I tried everything

Sent from my SM-G360T using Operation Sports mobile app

The biggest thing seems to be the score with the hook setting on these. I actually started my franchise with the community rosters twice. The first game I got up on Archer 3-1 and he was pulled after 4. I accidentally deleted the wrong save and had to restart, second opener I touched him for 4, but the Rays were up 5-4 through 6 and the CPU left him in 6 innings. So it seems like the hook slider on 2 helps, but only as long as you are not up on the CPU. Will have to see how it continues to play though.

It is very annoying to see starters get pulled so quick and it would be great to say the game has early season pitch logic factored in so they are pulling starters sooner, but thinking that is a reach
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2017, 09:49 PM   #6
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

I love using Quick Counts cause otherwise I'm only seeing 2-3 pitches cause I don't have the patience to wait and don't want to get to a 0-2 count.

Does hook at 2 better than 0?
Old 04-09-2017, 10:14 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
I love using Quick Counts cause otherwise I'm only seeing 2-3 pitches cause I don't have the patience to wait and don't want to get to a 0-2 count.

Does hook at 2 better than 0?

Still glitched at 2, but it seems okay when the CPU leads, still pulls it's starter too early if you lead early. Tried 0 and saw no difference, other than relievers seemed to get overused.
Old 04-09-2017, 10:44 PM   #8
Rookie

These are uploaded to the vault now, name the same as the title, user name Xlimey

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »