Home

Vote on 2k17 recent shooting tweaks. What do you think?

This is a discussion on Vote on 2k17 recent shooting tweaks. What do you think? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: Do you like the new shooting patch that was released?
Yes it really improves the game 43 69.35%
No it makes shooting percentages too low 11 17.74%
Yes, but I may have to make a few slider tweaks 8 12.90%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2017, 03:30 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Vote on 2k17 recent shooting tweaks. What do you think?

Since the Devs will be watching the forums this weekend I wanted to get a poll so OS members can vote. I know alot of guys who have opinions but won't post. So I figured a poll would be easier. You are more than welcome to comment as well But you must list your shooting sliders & offensive consistency sliders to give valid feedback that devs can use.

EDIT: I would suggest checking Shot Charts and comparing those to the Individual Players Hot Zones. If you are shooting from Areas of the floor that a players has a COLD or Netural Zone from 30 to 35% would be realistic shooting %'s.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade

Last edited by vtcrb; 04-08-2017 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Edit
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2017, 03:44 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Vote on 2k17 recent shooting tweaks. What do you think?

I personally enjoy the effect they have to the offline game with HOF sliders

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 04-08-2017, 03:53 PM   #3
MVP

jk31's Arena

I'd like to have some information about shooting tweaks or slider tweaks in general...We started a new season in our online league recently. It took weeks to tweak the sliders in a way we wanted to have them. 3pt Shooting was set down to 37 for example. Now when we started the league, nobody knew that there was a tweak to the shooting sliders on the side of 2k. Players with a open 3 of under 80 will brick nearly every shot, regardless of how open it is. Nearly every game ends with both teams shooting under 30% now...
Old 04-08-2017, 04:01 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
I'd like to have some information about shooting tweaks or slider tweaks in general...We started a new season in our online league recently. It took weeks to tweak the sliders in a way we wanted to have them. 3pt Shooting was set down to 37 for example. Now when we started the league, nobody knew that there was a tweak to the shooting sliders on the side of 2k. Players with a open 3 of under 80 will brick nearly every shot, regardless of how open it is. Nearly every game ends with both teams shooting under 30% now...
One thing I would suggest would be to Look at the SHOT CHARTS & see if the players in your league are shooting the shots from Areas that the Player has COLD or Neutral Hot Zones. Not saying the players in your league do it, but I know alot of people are taking shots from Areas they shouldnt be taking shot from. Also people are expecting to shoot 50% or higher every game. Now i would recommend boosting the 3pt Slider anywhere from 2 to 5 points higher and see how that works.

Old 04-08-2017, 04:38 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

Nice to see 80% of the votes are in for of the changes. The shooting tweaks and the patch have got me for the first time in a few months enjoying editing again.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2017, 05:56 PM   #6
Rookie

I play walk on and pro am mostly and I like it because forces sharpshooters to be spot up shooters which implies moving the ball and finding the open man, which makes the game a little bit closer to actual basketball. Pre patch most of sharpshooters ran past half court and made deep threes consistently turning the game into a boring tennis match with those back and forth threes.
Old 04-09-2017, 03:03 AM   #7
Rookie

I only play offline with no visual aids. I still shoot around 50% with the few teams I do use. After the tweaks I can't hit open shots for anything, so I decided it was time to go to the practice gym and I turned on the shot meter to see what was happening. As a lot of people have already pointed out, I got 0 greens at the top of the circle, but moving to the corner they were back to back. Got frustrated for a bit but then I got some MJ in my system and started to pay attention. "Forget the meter, I don't play with it anyways. How am I missing these shots? Short, Long, Left, Right?", I thought. I paid attention and adjusted my release based on how I missed while making sure to pull the stick straight down. 10 straight 3s with 0 green releases. I think the latest tweak/2k18 test means they are looking at making shooting even more user controlled by getting rid of green releases. As somone who doesn't use the meter, I like it because even the greatest shooter doesn't know his shot is "green". It just feels good leaving their hand and looks to be on trajectory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-2017, 05:10 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 13

Hope the devs can see the result, and no more changes from now on, the patch was great, and shooting adjustment was great, please don't mess up anything now, let the game be it, I know many of us, hate the game this year so much but was seeing a lot of potential, now this game with the patch and shooting adjustment finally made the game playable, at least to me and people I know around me, so let us play, enjoy, and start a new MYLEAGUE!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »