Home

New Diamond Dynasty Pack: Bases Loaded

This is a discussion on New Diamond Dynasty Pack: Bases Loaded within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-08-2017, 01:46 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
New Diamond Dynasty Pack: Bases Loaded

There was a new time-limited Diamond Dynasty pack released for MLB The Show 17 on Friday. It is the Bases Loaded pack. It comes with one guaranteed Silver player, double the chance of a Gold player and triple the chance of a Diamond player.

You can buy a limit of four packs, and they cost 4,000 Stubs per pack. I opened up a single pack and Nolan Arenado was the first card I pulled. Your luck probably won't be that good, but hey, there's hope.

Platform: PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2017, 02:24 PM   #2
MVP

ph33's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New Diamond Dynasty Pack: Bases Loaded

I bought four packs and got three silvers and a bunch of bronzes.

You have all been warned. Proceed cautiously.
Old 04-08-2017, 02:38 PM   #3
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

Bought 4 packs, got literal garbage
Old 04-08-2017, 03:05 PM   #4
Rookie

I think there is some sort of mechanic that rewards the '******' player, hoping to hook them more by giving them better players.

One of my best friends pre-ordered the same package I did (he hadn't played since like 14) and he got completely hooked up. Pulled Familia, Segwhan Oh, De Grom and a full line up of all silver players. He plays an exhibition game against the computer, reward card is Josh Donaldson. Yep the Diamond.

I barely even get bronze players. I actually got really excited when I got Hunter Strickland as a reward, he responds by telling me that was another of his pre-orders.
Old 04-08-2017, 04:52 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth72
I think there is some sort of mechanic that rewards the '******' player, hoping to hook them more by giving them better players.

One of my best friends pre-ordered the same package I did (he hadn't played since like 14) and he got completely hooked up. Pulled Familia, Segwhan Oh, De Grom and a full line up of all silver players. He plays an exhibition game against the computer, reward card is Josh Donaldson. Yep the Diamond.

I barely even get bronze players. I actually got really excited when I got Hunter Strickland as a reward, he responds by telling me that was another of his pre-orders.
This is the first year I have ever bought this game at launch. The only other time I've gotten it AT ALL was last year, which I got for $20 at BB during a B2G1. I played it a few times, but that was it.

I got the MVP Edition on a pre-order, so 20 packs included. I got an Ian Kinsler in my 20th pack, only Gold player I pulled. I think the second-best I got was Hisashi Iwakuma.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2017, 07:07 PM   #6
Rookie

Murphy7376's Arena

Bought a pack for giggles and got squat so I would save the money tbh because it is only 4 cards so your chances are low no matter can be in there.
Old 04-08-2017, 07:45 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Bought 4, got a diamond Chris Sale.
Old 04-08-2017, 07:47 PM   #8
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Yeah I mean my feeling is always just save up and buy the players you want, but it can be fun to do a mystery opening of at least one pack just for kicks if you got some spare Stubs.

This year it's easier to justify spending on a pack here and there as it's easier to get Stubs.

Last edited by ChaseB; 04-08-2017 at 10:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »