Home

starting new franchise dilema

This is a discussion on starting new franchise dilema within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-06-2017, 10:48 AM   #1
Rookie

aquilotti1's Arena

OVR: 0
starting new franchise dilema

Ive been playing the show for 5 6 years now and every time I start a franchise I usually play like 40 straight games in a season and than I just stop playing since 162 games its just insane to play for a normal person with a job and other interests. What are some suggestions i should do. I hate simming because i like the realism but i also want to build a team overtime. i barely get out of the 1 st season. let me know thanks .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2017, 10:59 AM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: starting new franchise dilema

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquilotti1
Ive been playing the show for 5 6 years now and every time I start a franchise I usually play like 40 straight games in a season and than I just stop playing since 162 games its just insane to play for a normal person with a job and other interests. What are some suggestions i should do. I hate simming because i like the realism but i also want to build a team overtime. i barely get out of the 1 st season. let me know thanks .
You could play with quick counts. That will speed up the games. Also with the carryover franchise feature, you could always carryover your franchise from '17 to '18 and continue to build your team.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-06-2017, 11:04 AM   #3
Rookie

Finn's Arena

OVR: 2

Could do quick manage and jump in and out of situations you deem to be interesting enough to play. Let's you keep some level of control over simming and should speed your season up.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-06-2017, 11:32 AM   #4
Rookie

I go with play 1 sim 5, so you get to pitch with every starter but can make quicker progress. That way you'd be able to get through the season if you're normally playing at least 40 games.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:55 AM   #5
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
Could do quick manage and jump in and out of situations you deem to be interesting enough to play. Let's you keep some level of control over simming and should speed your season up.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
This is exactly what I do. You can jump in when you have runners in scoring position, when they do, when you're going for the save, the walk-off, etc...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2017, 12:23 PM   #6
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

What about season mode? I forget what's missing in the mode but I know you can do shortened seasons in that mode. I think there is even a 24 game season option. Might check that later.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:24 PM   #7
Rookie

Mav3rek7's Arena

As someone with the same dilemma, I feel for you man. I don't like to sim anything because I want to have the control over every aspect. If a guy plays horrible I want it to be because I suck. Or if a low rated player is having an insane year, I want it to be because I was able to get him to that point. Simming any game feels dirty to me (except spring training). I've been through times where I am dominant with a pitcher, but sim a game and he gives up 6 runs in 1 1/3 innings. Or I'm killing it with a batter, but sim a few games and hes in a 0-25 slum.

Anywho...

I've been long searching for a happy medium and haven't found one yet. Quick Counts was close, but it just didn't quite feel right. I usually end up getting somewhere around May and then either lose interest or start a new franchise because that one is stale. First world problems, I know. Hope you find a solution that feels right for you! I know I'd love to get 10 years into a franchise, just don't have the time to do it and I have a million other games to play that interest me.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:55 PM   #8
Pro

zukes's Arena

OVR: 7

Quick counts is it for me. Absolutely love this feature (let's hope they get the pitcher stamina figured out). I like getting a 9 inning game done in 35 minutes to an hour, whereas a full game took minimum of an hour. It has also helped me walk more and put you in nice situations. You can have the bases loaded, but then get an 0-2 count and it is struggle. Or you can have a game like I did yesterday where I got a hit and a walk off of Betances, he lost confidence and walked three straight, all at bats starting either 3-1 or 3-0 and I worked the walk (was down 2, tied it up in the 8th, only to eventually lose in the 13th!).

I like the variety of it and the way it still feels like you are controlling everything, but speeding up the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »