Home

baserunning ai needs an upgrade (or fix this one situation)

This is a discussion on baserunning ai needs an upgrade (or fix this one situation) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-04-2017, 06:02 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 16
baserunning ai needs an upgrade (or fix this one situation)

Runner on 2nd with 2 outs and I get a ground ball up the middle. I switch with left analog very quickly over to my runner and send him home and he goes into a slide animation at 3rd when he could've easily scored. This is a problem. I don't want to have to put baserunning on AUTO but I will if this continues to be a problem. I could hit L1 to send all runners but this is not good if it's runners at 1st and 2nd as I have to quickly tell the other runner to go back...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2017, 06:11 PM   #2
Rookie

Starfleeter's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: baserunning ai needs an upgrade (or fix this one situation)

Turn slide assist off then and use your right stick to control slides if you want to do it manually and prevent this from happening.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:14 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfleeter
Turn slide assist off then and use your right stick to control slides if you want to do it manually and prevent this from happening.
Thank you. I'll give it a shot and hopefully it works.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:39 PM   #4
MVP

I checked settings...when on assist the cpu will slide for u if you don't choose a slide...this is the setting that I had it set at...

https://youtu.be/QpBkfN9bB28

Just took a video...scroll to last minute to see the play...this didn't cost me a run but it could have if it wasn't a gapper and it just shouldn't happen...i hope they address this as it's been in the show for years now...
Old 04-04-2017, 08:00 PM   #5
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Soemthing i just figured out a couple days ago, was when using auto baserunning, you can still take control of your runners. This is really helpful, to keeping you runners from doing stupid things when set to auto, and I suppose those who have issues at time using manual might want to try out auto since you can bascially take control of them anyway. Not sure if this was in 16, because I wasnt able to buy it, but I love this addition, because baserunning using manual and auto over the years with The Show could get frustrating at times.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2017, 08:51 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Soemthing i just figured out a couple days ago, was when using auto baserunning, you can still take control of your runners. This is really helpful, to keeping you runners from doing stupid things when set to auto, and I suppose those who have issues at time using manual might want to try out auto since you can bascially take control of them anyway. Not sure if this was in 16, because I wasnt able to buy it, but I love this addition, because baserunning using manual and auto over the years with The Show could get frustrating at times.

I didn't know this...this should solve the problem I am having as it never happens to the CPU...thank you

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »