Home

Stealing bases

This is a discussion on Stealing bases within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-03-2017, 10:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Stealing bases

Anyone else find it really easy to steal bases? I had 75+ in 30 games with the Cubs. I tried to put base stealing ability down by a couple clicks by still too easy. The computer hardly ever does a slide step and they are really easy to time the release of the steal button. I don't want to lower base runner speed as it would affect the ability to tag up.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2017, 02:05 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Stealing bases

Quite the contrary. I cant seem to steal anything
Old 04-04-2017, 10:51 AM   #3
Banned

Definitely a little easier than years past. It's to the point where if I get someone with 85 speed or above I'm almost 90% of the time ending up at third. Stole 6 bases in a game with Dee Gordon last weekend. Granted I am playing on dynamic difficulty while adjusting to this years game so maybe when I get up to legend/hof this won't be as easy. On another note, every time I go to throw the CPU out I can't seem to catch them either and have never gotten the catcher throwing meter I saw advertised before the game came out. Is this an option I need to turn on?
Old 04-04-2017, 11:01 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I am playing on All-star for hitting. I was thrown out 3 times in our 29 game season. Once with Jake Arrieta, and the other two were on pitchouts. I had multiple stolen bases with Schwarber and Rizzo who are only 40's speed.

The computer doesn't slide step at all or change up the the timing they have to the plate. Also if for some reason, i release the l2 button a little late or get a bad jump, it is way to easy to get back to base you were at.
Old 04-04-2017, 04:48 PM   #5
Rookie

I have noticed getting back after a bad jump being easier, but as for slide step and timing mixing I definitely noticed them. Id say 90% of pitchers slide step at least once. For me the problem seems to be acceleration, no matter the jump it seems to take half the base line to reach a running speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2017, 04:54 PM   #6
Rookie

BoNity's Arena

OVR: 5

im the opposite. I find it tough to steal. Only my 85+ speed guys have any chance.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:18 PM   #7
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker40
Anyone else find it really easy to steal bases? I had 75+ in 30 games with the Cubs. I tried to put base stealing ability down by a couple clicks by still too easy. The computer hardly ever does a slide step and they are really easy to time the release of the steal button. I don't want to lower base runner speed as it would affect the ability to tag up.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

It might be a tad easier than in years past, but then again, I play as the Reds, so I have Billy Hamilton to steal bases with, so not sure thats a good way to test base stealing,lol.

I havent been able to pick the CPU off when they steal, where as in years past, I didnt think the CPU was successful enough at it.

I have seen a couple pick offs, where Ive been caught in a run down, so your not always successful even with using the fastest player in the game.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »