Home

Theoretical question

This is a discussion on Theoretical question within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-29-2017, 08:41 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Icon14 Theoretical question

If one were to download one of the updated OSFM rosters in 2016 (all offseason transactions between end of season now, etc.) and create a 30 team franchise with it, then carry that franchise into 2017's game, what would the drawbacks be? Looking for a effective substitute for OSFM 17 so I can start a franchise or a meaningful RTTS and wondering if this might work. The rosters in the vault now are useless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2017, 09:12 AM   #2
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Theoretical question

I actually tried this last night. Main drawbacks would be if you have Rookies in your 25 man Roster they won't be Rookies anymore by the time you get to 2017. Also, you may have players that are on rosters in 2017 retire at the end of 16. And if you care about career stats, your 2016 stats will not be accurate 2016 stats. They will be the stats from what you simmed through.

Edit: My post was under the assumption you were going to sim through all of 2016.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:53 AM   #3
Rookie

When you port in the 2016 franchise into 17, is the 16 calendar still playable? Like an idiot, I'm posting without having tried this but I just haven't had time yet. I was hoping that if you ported in a 16 franchise, it would just start with the 17 schedule.

If not, I suppose you could play on the 2016 schedule. Schedule wouldn't be accurate but the rosters would be at least.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:56 AM   #4
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

I imported a 16 Franchise where I was still in Spring Training and the transition seems seamless so far.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:01 AM   #5
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

Actually, let me check again when I get home. I seem to remember the 2nd series of my regular season when I simmed there being at home against The Nationals. My first series was against the Reds but the Phillies opened at home against the Reds both seasons. The calendar dates were definitely 2016 but I'll have to double check the opponents tonight. Unless someone else wants to try importing a 2016 Franchise that's in Spring Training into 17 and then sim to the Regular season and see what schedule it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2017, 10:31 AM   #6
Rookie

If you're like me and do one serious franchise with your favorite team, this might not be the best way to set it up. Probably better off waiting for OSFM. But for a stopgap until the rosters come out, should work fine. I would think it would be fine (or even better) for RTTS.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:01 AM   #7
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

Oh yeah, anything I'm doing now is just to bide my time until OSFM. But I just like to play in a Franchise type setting so I can see accumulation of stats over a period of time instead of an individual game where the stats are gone at the end.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:46 PM   #8
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

So I was correct. If I start a 16 Franchise and import it to 17 in Spring Training it uses the 2017 schedule not 2016. The calendar dates match 2016 but its the 2017 schedule.

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »