Home

Glitched swing animations.

This is a discussion on Glitched swing animations. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-28-2017, 05:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Glitched swing animations.

Was just playing as the Rockies and it seems like Dj Lemahieu, Nolan Arrenado, Carlos Gonzalez all have glitched swing animations. If you go into replay mode and watch them swing, the bat will morph in a very not smooth way into moving to hit towards the ball. I am sure these are not the only players in the game who have this issue, has anyone else noticed this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2017, 04:43 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Glitched swing animations.

Surely someone else has noticed this, the issue is a major one in my opinion.
Old 03-30-2017, 05:45 PM   #3
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

I've noticed randomly, i think it's just the animation, not necessarily any specific player batting stances.

Looks really weird.

Old 03-30-2017, 05:52 PM   #4
MVP

Syce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMets2016
Was just playing as the Rockies and it seems like Dj Lemahieu, Nolan Arrenado, Carlos Gonzalez all have glitched swing animations. If you go into replay mode and watch them swing, the bat will morph in a very not smooth way into moving to hit towards the ball. I am sure these are not the only players in the game who have this issue, has anyone else noticed this?
could also be replay mode that is causing it, because i know for a fact that in previous the show games, if you went into replay and watched a strike out where you swung, but it looks like you should have hit the ball, in the replay it will show the ball actually going right through your bat. but it was a replay bug not in game bug
Old 03-30-2017, 07:58 PM   #5
Pro

MLB14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syce
could also be replay mode that is causing it, because i know for a fact that in previous the show games, if you went into replay and watched a strike out where you swung, but it looks like you should have hit the ball, in the replay it will show the ball actually going right through your bat. but it was a replay bug not in game bug
I bet he noticed something in real time though and that prompted him to watch the replay. Until an exact technical reason is stated for how the replays can be off like that, I'm not buying the compression reason.

What's probably happening is the game has a piece of code which will dynamically drag the bat in line towards the ball, so the visuals look correct at the moment of contact, but it hitches the swing animation.

The dev team has a monster on their hands. I think this game is becoming too much for a company their size...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2017, 04:15 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
I've noticed randomly, i think it's just the animation, not necessarily any specific player batting stances.

Looks really weird.
Seems to happen every single time you make contact with the players that I listed above.

I am sure other players in the game have it, but when I haven't played as or against the Rockies I have not noticed it as much.
Old 03-31-2017, 04:16 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB14
I bet he noticed something in real time though and that prompted him to watch the replay. Until an exact technical reason is stated for how the replays can be off like that, I'm not buying the compression reason.

What's probably happening is the game has a piece of code which will dynamically drag the bat in line towards the ball, so the visuals look correct at the moment of contact, but it hitches the swing animation.

The dev team has a monster on their hands. I think this game is becoming too much for a company their size...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

The speed of the swing in the game at 60fps is kind of fast to fully notice it unless you are actively looking for it. Especially when you are in the process of trying to make contact with the ball. It is very noticeable on replays though.
Old 03-31-2017, 04:19 PM   #8
Pro

Seriously if you only notice it in replay mode who cares.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »