Home

Playing head to head offline ?

This is a discussion on Playing head to head offline ? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-28-2017, 12:11 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Playing head to head offline ?

Thinking about purchasing a PS4 and MLB The Show 17, but I need to know how well it plays head to head offline ? and if there is even a mode for this ?

I like playing games against my brother while we both are sitting in front of the TV, but my concern is do you give away to much strategy when you play this way ?

I played an older version on the PS3 and I remember you could hide your pitches pretty well ...is this still the case ?

Never been somebody that enjoys playing against the computer and have always preferred playing against a human opponent

Thank you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2017, 12:51 AM   #2
Pro

Qdiddy's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Playing head to head offline ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddcatt
Thinking about purchasing a PS4 and MLB The Show 17, but I need to know how well it plays head to head offline ? and if there is even a mode for this ?

I like playing games against my brother while we both are sitting in front of the TV, but my concern is do you give away to much strategy when you play this way ?

I played an older version on the PS3 and I remember you could hide your pitches pretty well ...is this still the case ?

Never been somebody that enjoys playing against the computer and have always preferred playing against a human opponent

Thank you

Talk about retro mode wow someone who still plays multiplayer the old school way 2 people actually together on same system, lol

Anyway I guess you could turn off the pitch display in the settings as long as you remember what button is each pitch type for your pitcher, that's only way I know of. Never played the show in this way like you describe in same room with opponent, just thought I would try and give a suggestion

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Syracuse Orange

XB1 GT: H8ter Nation79
Old 03-28-2017, 01:13 AM   #3
Rookie

Thanks Qdiddy

I would think there would be a way to do this because when I watch of some of the videos of MLB The Show 17 on You Tube, it looks like 2 people are playing against each other in some of them

Hopefully, I will eventually find out because I don't think I will purchase it unless it plays well during head to head play
Old 03-28-2017, 02:12 AM   #4
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddcatt

Thank you
This is one of the best local head to head games you will find. Do yourself and your brother a favor and buy it already. And yes you can hide your pitches just fine. The ball trail disappears by default actually.
Old 03-28-2017, 05:13 AM   #5
Rookie

timothythefirst's Arena

OVR: 0

yeah you can set so there's no indicator, or an indicator that disappears after a few seconds. you know where you're aiming your pitches with the analog stick. it works well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2017, 02:25 PM   #6
Rookie

Thx Timothy, I'm getting closer to purchasing

Hoping to hear more reviews from people who also like playing against human opponents while sitting in the same room together

Especially now that the game is officially out
Old 03-29-2017, 02:28 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 3

My roommate and I have played a couch fantasy franchise every year since The Show 11. Generally as the Yanks and the Sox, we draft teams and then only play the head-to-head games, simming the rest. Maybe we'll do some critical situations this year as well.

It's a fantastic game head-to-head, probably the best we play
Old 03-29-2017, 05:08 PM   #8
Rookie

Thx Bucknut

Yah the impressions of this game sound great but I need to hear more about 2 player head to head impressions before taking the plunge

My brother and I would probably do something very similar if I was to purchase this game.

Get this, my brother is 49 and Im 50 but we still prefer gaming this way anytime we can, not to mention its nice not having to deal with the lag as well when you play online

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »