Home

No more picking team in rtts?!?!

This is a discussion on No more picking team in rtts?!?! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-19-2017, 01:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
No more picking team in rtts?!?!

I heard from the twitch stream on rtts that you no longer are able to select the team you want to play for. If this is true, even with all the improvements to the mode, might ruin rtts for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2017, 01:48 PM   #2
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Re: No more picking team in rtts?!?!

I agree that it was a strange move to take that option out. Although as I have mentioned whenever I picked a team they always wound up trading me anyway and I have no control over that happening.

But people want to play for their favorite team. It takes way too long (years for some of us to get to Free Agency and the hope that we get offered a contract by our favorite team. I have two main RTTS players and they play for the Cubs and the Rangers. Not two teams I would normally choose as a St Louis Fan.

All I can suggest is to create a player(s) in 2016 and choose your team then save the game and import the save in 2017. You can then edit the player to get the improvements in Create a Player and still get the early interactions from Pave Your Path.
Old 03-19-2017, 01:48 PM   #3
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardsNation8412
I heard from the twitch stream on rtts that you no longer are able to select the team you want to play for. If this is true, even with all the improvements to the mode, might ruin rtts for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But honestly why not just create a player, assign him to your favorite team, then do player lock on YOUR player in franchise mode. I mean that's basically the same thing.

I actually like that they took this option out of RTTS mode this year because it wouldn't make much sense with Pave Your Path.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 03-19-2017 at 01:50 PM.
Old 03-19-2017, 01:59 PM   #4
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
But honestly why not just create a player, assign him to your favorite team, then do player lock on YOUR player in franchise mode. I mean that's basically the same thing.

I actually like that they took this option out of RTTS mode this year because it wouldn't make much sense with Pave Your Path.
It is not the same with PYP implented.

Why would it not make much sense? All of the post draft interactions would still be available. The only thing you would be missing are the Bowman Scout Day and Showcase game interactions.

It might not be realistic to pick your favorite team but I doubt that a large majority of RTTS players care that much about realism in that regard. It would be interesting if the devs had numbers on how many people entered the draft vs skipping the draft the last few years.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:05 PM   #5
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Anybody think that maybe with PYP, which includes hiring an agent, that maybe, you might be able to maybe get yourself traded to a team of your choice or maybe force to get released and maybe sign with any team? Maybe it'll be an option, maybe. Just saying...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2017, 02:24 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Seeing in the pave your path video the way Joe Random handled his negotiation with the Angels would lead me to believe there is some wiggle room into having some say in who you want to play for. But I could be wrong.

A Work in Progress
Old 03-19-2017, 03:45 PM   #7
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
It is not the same with PYP implented.

Why would it not make much sense? All of the post draft interactions would still be available. The only thing you would be missing are the Bowman Scout Day and Showcase game interactions.

It might not be realistic to pick your favorite team but I doubt that a large majority of RTTS players care that much about realism in that regard. It would be interesting if the devs had numbers on how many people entered the draft vs skipping the draft the last few years.
Because if you were to pick whatever team you wanted, then what "path" are you taking exactly?
Old 03-19-2017, 03:54 PM   #8
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Personally I have never picked a team in RTTS. I like being drafted and experiencing different teams and stadiums. As a matter of fact it was my first RTTS back in the day that led me to being a Padres fan. Really enjoyed the Minor league system and playing in that park was a lot of fun.

I think I am actually going to do a Padres rebuild this year. I have always wanted to do one and I have never tried in Baseball video games. Every other sport I have played, I have always picked the worst team and tried to build them, but for some reason I have never tried in this game.

Sorry back on topic. I guess I can see why people would want to pick their team, but I also see the realism of entering the draft to be appealing. It is the way I like to play. Choices are always good, but maybe they either felt or it did interfere with the changes they made this year. Hopefully they can add it back next year for those that want it.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »