Home

Forget Gameplay; 2K's (almost) Unplayable

This is a discussion on Forget Gameplay; 2K's (almost) Unplayable within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-15-2017, 02:39 PM   #1
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0
Forget Gameplay; 2K's (almost) Unplayable

Let's preface this by saying: I'm busy. Lol, I'm 25 with a full-time job, a car, a kid, a girlfriend, a house etc. Responsibilities>Free time activities.
I'm sure a lot of you can relate, at least to a certain degree.

But why, in 2017, with technological advances so great, does it still take (no exaggeration because I just timed it) 16 minutes and 24 seconds to load MyCareer?

Let's not forget I still occasionally have to clear my reserved space to even get the game to load (thought it was patched?).

And let's REALLY not forget just because you loaded your save file doesn't mean you're about to play lol. Even if it's just a season game you're waiting through the pregame show to load, again.

Wanna play with your friends? Well, wait for them to sit through ANOTHER tedious loading screen to get into your court. And pray whilst waiting that you haven't, unbeknownst to you, traveled to another court (lol).
But wait, there's more! If you're like me and enjoy playing Pro-Am Walk-On, well, you gotta get into that game too...oh! Joy!
Update required , gotta return to the main menu. Loading screen.....
Well that's finished.
Back to MyCareer, gotta choose the right player, would hate to pick the wrong one.....K, picked the right guy...loading screen...
Stuck at 93%.....
96%...
100%. Phew, didn't crash.
Let me invite my friend again.
Waiting for him to join.
Okay he's in. Now that we've been sitting in a party for almost 40 minutes waiting to play let's get going.
Pro-Am Walk-On loading screen...
""Player Name" Has Joined" screen, sit here for a minute or so..
Black screen...another minute...
Ahh the court loaded.
Wait....where's my friend??
"You joined a game?" "I've been waiting in your court"....
Start, quit game....loading screen, etc, invite friend, repeat.
This time, we get put in different games.
Both: Pause, quit game.
More loading.
2K Pro-Am, (Contacting server...), Play as Walk-On....
Oh hey, because I've "quit" games? 15 minute ban.

I quit. Game's unplayable unless you're able to suspend time itself or you have no responsibilities.
It's literally the only game I've ever played where you load more than you play.
If 2K18 doesn't drastically improve on load times then like, honestly I don't know if I'll, at that point, have the mental capacity nor time to even play it.

I should have been able to sit here and get like 3 or 4 games in before work. Now I get 1. And if I lose? Probably won't even want to play when I get home. It's not a good way to keep your players happen when all they're doing is being extremely frustrated and jerked around by your game.

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2017, 02:46 PM   #2
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Re: Forget Gameplay; 2K's (almost) Unplayable

Couldn't agree more. I really want it to change too, but 2k has shown time and time again that they don't give a rats *** about the community because they have no competition. If NBA Live makes a strong comeback next year, maybe 2k will start paying attention to us more.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:10 PM   #3
Banned

Just yesterday we waited 45 minutes for 1 guy to finally join the pro am arena. He went through all the problems you mentioned. When he finally joined, the team owner fell asleep and we were forced to call it a night lol.

It is absolutely ridiculous how broken this game is. Don't even get me started on walk on and the 10 more hurdles you have to pass just to load into same game as your friend and chances are it will start like 3v1 with wit ai taking all other spots because I would assume the other players got disconnected or never loaded.

Here is a suggestion, FIX YOUR DAMN GAME BEFORE PUSHING VC SALES and spending all that money on pointless 2k episodes. How much you paying that girl Rachel? Fire her and use that money to upgrade your hamster powered servers.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:23 PM   #4
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAWereWolf65
Couldn't agree more. I really want it to change too, but 2k has shown time and time again that they don't give a rats *** about the community because they have no competition. If NBA Live makes a strong comeback next year, maybe 2k will start paying attention to us more.
I used to think like, back in the 2K11/12/13 days. Competition wasn't even needed. There was still issues but the game was progressing and I like the direction.
Now flash forward to next gen and ever since 15 I feel like they're going downhill.
Issues that have BEEN problems, not just with gameplay but also the servers and connectivity and they just aren't fixed or addressed.
But I'm starting to agree wholeheartedly that they need a wake up call that it's unacceptable to not even be able to enjoy the game irregardless of any glitches, exploits or gameplay issues..you just can't play sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by de5m0n
Just yesterday we waited 45 minutes for 1 guy to finally join the pro am arena. He went through all the problems you mentioned. When he finally joined, the team owner fell asleep and we were forced to call it a night lol.

It is absolutely ridiculous how broken this game is. Don't even get me started on walk on and the 10 more hurdles you have to pass just to load into same game as your friend and chances are it will start like 3v1 with wit ai taking all other spots because I would assume the other players got disconnected or never loaded.

Here is a suggestion, FIX YOUR DAMN GAME BEFORE PUSHING VC SALES and spending all that money on pointless 2k episodes. How much you paying that girl Rachel? Fire her and use that money to upgrade your hamster powered servers.
And even if you're playing walk on by yourself, like the one game I just got in before I gotta get ready and leave...literally started the game 2v5. Guy on my team put up 3 terrible shots then quit. Well guess what, I got time for ONE game because of these trash loading times and I played 1 v 5 the whole game. Actually played good and almost won but suddenly my computers didn't do anything halfway through the 4th lost the lead and lost by 10.

Like I was saying, do I even wanna play tonight now? Probably not. Stuff like this that isn't even gameplay related is making me wanna choose another game. Not good.

-Allen Iverson
Old 03-15-2017, 04:51 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
I used to think like, back in the 2K11/12/13 days. Competition wasn't even needed. There was still issues but the game was progressing and I like the direction.
Now flash forward to next gen and ever since 15 I feel like they're going downhill.
Issues that have BEEN problems, not just with gameplay but also the servers and connectivity and they just aren't fixed or addressed.
But I'm starting to agree wholeheartedly that they need a wake up call that it's unacceptable to not even be able to enjoy the game irregardless of any glitches, exploits or gameplay issues..you just can't play sometimes.

And even if you're playing walk on by yourself, like the one game I just got in before I gotta get ready and leave...literally started the game 2v5. Guy on my team put up 3 terrible shots then quit. Well guess what, I got time for ONE game because of these trash loading times and I played 1 v 5 the whole game. Actually played good and almost won but suddenly my computers didn't do anything halfway through the 4th lost the lead and lost by 10.

Like I was saying, do I even wanna play tonight now? Probably not. Stuff like this that isn't even gameplay related is making me wanna choose another game. Not good.

Yeah the dreaded 1v5 games that I have played way too many of. You are right, the computer magically becomes useless and not obedient in the 4th quarter.

If I wasn't such a diehard basketball fan I would of moved on long time ago. I usually have my laptop near me because I know that I will have like 30 hour of time to watch some youtube while waiting through thousand loading screens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2017, 05:10 PM   #6
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

what are you talking about? it takes a minute and a half tops for mycareer to load for me. ive never experienced anything remotely close to what you are talking about.
Old 03-15-2017, 05:18 PM   #7
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Load fast for me on PS4 pro. BUT I have friends who take forever to load into the pro am because of the Paul George screen.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 03-15-2017, 05:23 PM   #8
Pro

MrBallaBoy21's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
Let's preface this by saying: I'm busy. Lol, I'm 25 with a full-time job, a car, a kid, a girlfriend, a house etc. Responsibilities>Free time activities.
I'm sure a lot of you can relate, at least to a certain degree.

But why, in 2017, with technological advances so great, does it still take (no exaggeration because I just timed it) 16 minutes and 24 seconds to load MyCareer?

Let's not forget I still occasionally have to clear my reserved space to even get the game to load (thought it was patched?).

And let's REALLY not forget just because you loaded your save file doesn't mean you're about to play lol. Even if it's just a season game you're waiting through the pregame show to load, again.

Wanna play with your friends? Well, wait for them to sit through ANOTHER tedious loading screen to get into your court. And pray whilst waiting that you haven't, unbeknownst to you, traveled to another court (lol).
But wait, there's more! If you're like me and enjoy playing Pro-Am Walk-On, well, you gotta get into that game too...oh! Joy!
Update required , gotta return to the main menu. Loading screen.....
Well that's finished.
Back to MyCareer, gotta choose the right player, would hate to pick the wrong one.....K, picked the right guy...loading screen...
Stuck at 93%.....
96%...
100%. Phew, didn't crash.
Let me invite my friend again.
Waiting for him to join.
Okay he's in. Now that we've been sitting in a party for almost 40 minutes waiting to play let's get going.
Pro-Am Walk-On loading screen...
""Player Name" Has Joined" screen, sit here for a minute or so..
Black screen...another minute...
Ahh the court loaded.
Wait....where's my friend??
"You joined a game?" "I've been waiting in your court"....
Start, quit game....loading screen, etc, invite friend, repeat.
This time, we get put in different games.
Both: Pause, quit game.
More loading.
2K Pro-Am, (Contacting server...), Play as Walk-On....
Oh hey, because I've "quit" games? 15 minute ban.

I quit. Game's unplayable unless you're able to suspend time itself or you have no responsibilities.
It's literally the only game I've ever played where you load more than you play.
If 2K18 doesn't drastically improve on load times then like, honestly I don't know if I'll, at that point, have the mental capacity nor time to even play it.

I should have been able to sit here and get like 3 or 4 games in before work. Now I get 1. And if I lose? Probably won't even want to play when I get home. It's not a good way to keep your players happen when all they're doing is being extremely frustrated and jerked around by your game.

I couldn't have put it better myself. Making a new MyPlayer and going to the practice gym to do drills is torture because of these damn loading times. It takes over 15 minutes for the game to even get past the Paul George screen every time. My screen dims and everything because the XBOX thinks I'm afk...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »