Home

Poll: WBC - Would you want it in?

This is a discussion on Poll: WBC - Would you want it in? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: WBC in MLB The Show?
Yes 81 60.90%
No 52 39.10%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-2017, 11:15 AM   #1
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10
Poll: WBC - Would you want it in?

So I know there have been threads around here about the WBC and why SCEA does not have it in the game, but this is not that.

Assuming SCEA can get the license (I hope they are working on it) would you guys like to see the WBC added to the game? Would you like to see them take the effort to include the uniforms, build out the tournament logic, tournament commentary, and implement tournament rules?...but then not focus on DD, RTTS, or Franchise for one year as a result.

I am Dominican and I just got back from Miami and watched the Dominican Republic vs USA....and I have to say I have never seen a more exciting baseball game in my life.

I have grown up a Yankee a fan and have been to playoff games and have seen a lot of great players play, but the WBC seems to be EVERYTHING the All-Star game isn't and I would like to experience that in MLB The Show, and I do not mind them not updating a certain mode one year to include this.

I would like to see it implemented as a stand-a-lone tournament that can be played and I would like to see it in RTTS and Franchise, but more in RTTS.

It would be awesome to have your RTTS player be invited to the WBC based on performance in the 4 years leading up to the event.

One thing SCEA would need to add is WBC eligibility to the edit player screen. For example there are 2 US born players on the Dominican Team (Betances and Manny Machado) but their parents are from DR. There are also many other examples on other teams.

So while MLB The Show has the player's birth place today, they should add a WBC Eligibility option that can be edited to make sure players born in USA can still play for the country their parents are from. I figure making that an editable field is easier than trying to figure out everyone's family tree.

Last edited by El_MaYiMbE; 03-13-2017 at 11:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2017, 11:16 AM   #2
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Poll: WBC - Would you want it in?

I'd never play it nor play with the teams.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:18 AM   #3
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Would much rather them focus on more important things the game needs.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:19 AM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Yeah I'm not going to vote in the poll because it wouldn't effect me if the WBC was in or not.

One on hand I'd like to see it added for those who are wanting it in the game and play it, but personally I don't know that I would ever mess with it. I love baseball and really enjoy watching the WBC on tv, but I don't see myself playing it in the Show.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-13-2017, 11:22 AM   #5
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0

Just like the Euro league teams in NBA 2k series, I would never touch it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2017, 11:26 AM   #6
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
Just like the Euro league teams in NBA 2k series, I would never touch it.
That is a little different....Euro Leagues has no NBA players and relatively low rated teams.

I think the appeal of WBC is being able to play with "All-Star" teams, various ones (as opposed to just AL vs NL), and go through a tournament with them. You play with a collection of players you normally would not play as or against.

Also it would have implications on your MLB Franchise if you have to lose players to the tournament and have them potentially get hurt in the WBC during Spring Training.

I see a lot of chatter on the boards about how Franchise is not on par with other games, and FIFA is one of the games mentioned...yet FIFA has World Teams and players have to leave their clubs during the season, and some players get hurt while they are away...and need to be replaced.

The tournament has more value and definitely different than Euro Leagues in NBA.

Also WBC has an impact on player moral and even contracts....

Robinson Cano was the MVP of the 2013 WBC. That was a contract year and there was a lot of talk about his leadership and value after that tournament. The Mariners went on to give him a HUGE contract in 2014 because of that performance/leadership quality he showed, and he is now the team captain in 2017 WBC Team.

Adding it makes the game deeper...if implemented correctly.

Last edited by El_MaYiMbE; 03-13-2017 at 12:57 PM.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:29 AM   #7
Pro

legacyme3's Arena

OVR: 5

I'd be mildly interested if it was integrated with Franchise and RTTS, but otherwise, have no interest whatsoever.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:31 AM   #8
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Exactly what I would say.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »