Home

One for the Equalizer isn't real crowd.

This is a discussion on One for the Equalizer isn't real crowd. within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-09-2017, 04:52 PM   #1
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

OVR: 0
One for the Equalizer isn't real crowd.

So I'm trying to make my way back down some seeds to get the rewards I missed since I've been stuck in Diamond league for ages. Also the higher leagues feel so flukey like it doesn't matter how you play it's just about who has the most Badged up guy and even when I do win, it's more stressful than fun. So I autofill a bronze lineup and I plan on pausing until the clock runs out. I get bored and decide, I'll play this guy.

He had Amethyst Harden, Amethyst Kobe, Ruby Melo, Ruby Bosh, Amethyst Gobert.

I got Brian Roberts, Ian Clark, Mo Harkless, Marquise Chriss, Roy Hibbert. All 69 OVR.

What happened next was absurd. I killed this guy almost the whole game . I didn't do anything extraordinary on the sticks (None of my players can even speed boost) I didn't make a bunch of 3's (Only one guy can shoot). I just made crazy shots and got every foul call while the exact opposite happened for him. I'm dominating with Chriss like he's Hakeem Olajuwan. Ian Clark finishing with up and under finger rolls it was absurd. Hibbert looked like 2012 all over again. He didn't score a lot but he abused Gobert and on the other end it was completely backwards. He taking contested shots, he just couldn't knock them down. Harden missed at least 10 total WIDE open looks because Roberts was always 6 miles out of the picture. He even had a bunch of those Deep Shooters 2 rubies with ally the badges. Still missing easy looks. The only reason I lost was because Bosh got a rebound and threw down a dunk that put him up 2 and I wasn't about to play for OT with this awful squad. Unfortunately Clark, my best shooter only has a B- rating lol. I also destroyed him on the boards and in the paint despite these guys all being shorter with literally no badges.

And I know you guys are a "Pics or it didn't happen" bunch so here you go.

Pics not showing for some reason. Should be an album HERE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2017, 05:17 PM   #2
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Re: One for the Equalizer isn't real crowd.

29 threes? Looks like you ran into a scrub.
Old 03-09-2017, 05:35 PM   #3
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
29 threes? Looks like you ran into a scrub.
They were literally WIDE OPEN. Like Harden would come down the court and Roberts would be in the crowd. Or his free lance would get somebody completely free and they'd still miss. It was crazy.

And even if he was a scrub, certain things aren't in human control. My rebounding advantage, the crazy shots I was making. He couldn't get any calls. I was getting steals with Hibbert. These are things that just shouldn't happen. It's not fair to people who work for their teams to make their players suck for no reason other than to appease somebody who can't get better players. The next game I played, the guy had all Amy & Diamonds in his starting lineup. I got up by 14 and he quit in the second. Same exact thing, I wish I could have screenshot it.
Old 03-09-2017, 05:44 PM   #4
Rookie

Idapapi79's Arena

Up until 2 days ago I was one of the "equalizer is real croud" but after the last 2 games I played im a believer.

2 night ago, im 7-0 on my 2nd prestige in amethyst playing a guy with a decent but not great team. I'm up 22-4 with about a min left in the 1st quarter. I take my foot off the gas so he don't quit and I get the loss, but im still up 18 after the 1st. The next 2 quarters was unreal. I couldn't hit any WIDE OPEN shots, my players all of a sudden forgot how to play def, but when I saw the trajectory on the ball change in mid air on one of his shots , it made me a believer. He ended up coming back and eventually took the lead in the 4th. I ended up winning the game but it should not off even been close.
Old 03-09-2017, 05:57 PM   #5
Rookie

Idapapi79's Arena

Last night I'm now 8-0 going for the amethyst token playing a guy with a Ruby/ammy starting 5 and sapphire bench. I didn't jump out to a huge lead but same thing happen. My guys starting missing wide open shots, layups ect. I have never missed a diamond Rose to diamond Howard ally oop when Howard has a clear lane but those passes were going out of bounds.

If I even attempted to play D my guys were getting called for fouls even after I changed by D from physical to neutral. My guys would get mugged going up for shots a no call. There was even a play were he missed a shot, my ammy Towns is about to jump and grab the rebound but for some reason at the last min he choses not to jump and he grabs the off rebound.

Now I'm not the best at the game and ive taken my fair share of 20-30 point losses but this was ridiculous. I ended up rage quitting for the 1st time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2017, 06:50 PM   #6
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idapapi79
but when I saw the trajectory on the ball change in mid air on one of his shots , it made me a believer.
The non-believer arguments all fall apart when stuff like that happens. It's happened to me countless times. There's no other explanation for that nonsense.
Old 03-09-2017, 07:15 PM   #7
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdatyt
They were literally WIDE OPEN. Like Harden would come down the court and Roberts would be in the crowd. Or his free lance would get somebody completely free and they'd still miss. It was crazy.

And even if he was a scrub, certain things aren't in human control. My rebounding advantage, the crazy shots I was making. He couldn't get any calls. I was getting steals with Hibbert. These are things that just shouldn't happen. It's not fair to people who work for their teams to make their players suck for no reason other than to appease somebody who can't get better players. The next game I played, the guy had all Amy & Diamonds in his starting lineup. I got up by 14 and he quit in the second. Same exact thing, I wish I could have screenshot it.
I'd love to see some video because looking at the box score I see he took 21 shots with Harden, 13 from three. Just by looking at the box score I get the feeling that he was one of those players that would turbo down court with Harden after an inbound jacking up shots.

Your rebounding advantage was easily in your control. He took terrible shots. He beat you on the offensive glass but you beat him on the defensive glass because missed a ton of shots so there were more rebound opportunities for you.
He took 13 more shots than you as well.

Of course he couldn't get any calls. He was jacking threes all game. Over half his shots were threes. I also noticed that he had twice as many steals as you. 10 steals, 11 fouls. Most likely he was spamming the steal button. No? Since he was spamming the steal button he was most likely in the penalty which lead to you going to the free throw line.

So on one end of the floor he was taking awful threes and on the other end he's sending you to the free throw line for easy buckets and getting his players out of a rhythm.

I'm not seeing any convincing evidence for an equalizer here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimaceZ7
The non-believer arguments all fall apart when stuff like that happens. It's happened to me countless times. There's no other explanation for that nonsense.
It's lag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
This is a by-product of latency online. The flight of the ball is determined by how you release the shot (e.g. very late releases miss short vs. very early releases miss long). When there's lag, the information for how the ball should behave on a given shot might come through after the ball is already in flight so it needs to correct itself in mid-air to matchup with the user's original input.
Old 03-09-2017, 07:31 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimaceZ7

That also happens with balanced teams or for the player with the worst team. Most importantly it happens in other modes. Can't take that as evidence to support the equalizer theory.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »