Home

Manage only mode

This is a discussion on Manage only mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-08-2017, 11:03 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Manage only mode

Has their been any improvements to mom for 17?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2017, 11:50 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: Manage only mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by themoneyteam1212
Has their been any improvements to mom for 17?
Unless a SDS employee is willing to can chime in here, we won't know until release day. There were improvements made in MLB 16 regarding sacrifice bunts where the batter does not go fishing for balls well out of the strike zone. The animation was still a little borked. The animations made it look like the batter still goes for the bunts out of the strike zone, but at least strikes weren't called. Plus the pickoffs to first base did see a slight improvement over previous years. I didn't pick off that many guys in MLB 16, but I did get a few over the course of the season (versus getting none at all in MLB 14 and 15). Heck one night I even picked off two base runners in one game which shocked the heck out of me.

I will be a happy camper with MLB 17 if:

1) MoM game play is either the same or better than it was in MLB 16.
2) The Broadcast presentation are the same or better than in MLB 16.
3) The MoM dugout camera is still in the game.
4) MoM gets the round bat hitting a round ball physics changes.
5) MoM gets the human AI throwing changes.

PS: looks like accessing MoM gameplay will no longer be hidden like it was these last few years. It appears that accessing a MoM game will be on the same screen the new Quick Manage feature is launched from and this should be good for us MoM folks as more people might try the mode, they might actually like it, there could be some converts and we MoM folks might not be quite a fringe group as we presently are.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:46 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
Unless a SDS employee is willing to can chime in here, we won't know until release day. There were improvements made in MLB 16 regarding sacrifice bunts where the batter does not go fishing for balls well out of the strike zone. The animation was still a little borked. The animations made it look like the batter still goes for the bunts out of the strike zone, but at least strikes weren't called. Plus the pickoffs to first base did see a slight improvement over previous years. I didn't pick off that many guys in MLB 16, but I did get a few over the course of the season (versus getting none at all in MLB 14 and 15). Heck one night I even picked off two base runners in one game which shocked the heck out of me.

PS: looks like accessing MoM gameplay will no longer be hidden like it was these last few years. It appears that accessing a MoM game will be on the same screen the new Quick Manage feature is launched from and this should be good for us MoM folks as more people might try the mode, they might actually like it, there could be some converts and we MoM folks might not be quite a fringe group as we presently are.

I think your gonna be happy,i will be shocked if any of those things aren't in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Warriors
Sharks
Old 03-09-2017, 01:38 AM   #4
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

I will as always chime in and be vocal in my support of MoM. Getting a major injury in my right shoulder really opened my eyes, and being able to still enjoy the show while recovering was really cool. In fact it was the only video game I could play for months, and only MoM. There was a long period of time where losing the functionality of my right arm was a real possibility (thankfully that time has past) and knowing that I could still easily play and enjoy the show if that happened was kind of a big deal.

Please keep MoM in and show it support, both because it is awesome and because even people with disabilities can play it and have a great time. My Stats may not show me to be a MoM lover anymore, but it kind of holds a special place in my heart and will be something I hope continues forever in the show.

Last edited by TheWarmWind; 03-09-2017 at 01:40 AM.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:15 PM   #5
MVP

forme95's Arena

I was happy with 16 and had some really great games and loved how they played out. I can only imagine what 17 will bring. There has to be more thought and realism put in if they invested in quick manage imo. Time will tell

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

MLB 23 FOREVER

Madden fun, but, will not buy another till its next gen only and they get rid of the extras (SS/XF, HFA, media, scenarios, game plan) or turn them down considerably.

Just have fun and play :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2017, 12:24 PM   #6
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2

I'm sure #4 and #5 will be in MOM and as a result gameplay will probably be improved. There really wasn't a lot that needed to be changed with MOM because most of the problems from the past have already been fixed.

Add in quirks and what appears to be new trade logic and it will be changed and probably improved.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:38 PM   #7
Rookie

Ranger Fan's Arena

Manage only Mode is the only mode I've played since getting the show 11 years ago. Last year was almost perfect. With Nomo's sliders the game played better then ever before. If they hopefully incorporate rotating inter league schedules then I'm happy.
Old 03-26-2017, 03:47 PM   #8
Pro

Any Mom guys out there have the game yet?And if so any impressions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Warriors
Sharks

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »