Home

A message to this forum (Why you can't post right now)

This is a discussion on A message to this forum (Why you can't post right now) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-07-2017, 07:57 PM   #1
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
A message to this forum (Why you can't post right now)

First off - yes, I'm closing all posting in this forum for 1 hour. And here is why:

A majority of you are taking umbrage with details released today regarding The Show's Franchise mode. You are allowed to have an opinon, and you are allowed to express it. You are not allowed to attack developers. You are not allowed to express your opinion in a destructive manner. This also goes for the "Show Homers" who have amped up their "clique" mentality this year - you need to be more understanding of others' views as well.

I also want to share this with you - the number 80. I share this because that is the estimated number of people working on The Show. This is not an excuse for anything that may or may not be in the game this year. This is a fact of life. They also have a limited budget and have to make careful decisions every year about what they can add, what they can shoot for over a multi-cycle term and what they can't hope to get in. They are the equivalent of a mid-market team that in consistently in the World Series (as they are always close to or winning Sports Game Of The Year on multiple sites)

Every game developer pours their heart and soul into games and we as a community have become a terrible, terrible place overall to share views. Be better posters. Be a better community. Everyone that frequents this site deserves it.

So at 9 PM EST/6PM PST I will reopen the forum. I haven't had to do this in years, and I'm disappointed that I have had to.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2017, 03:11 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: A message to this forum (Why you can't post right now)

I thought this post was excellent and deserved to be seen by more members.
Hope its ok to put it here. If not, please to delete. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
It's not acceptable. And will start being dealt with if need be.

What we have seen so far about franchise has made a lot of people underwhelmed or worried about how much improvement has gone into that mode. And that is totally fine. It's totally fine to post how you feel about it in a constructive manner. But also, before you go bananas about it, I ask you to wait until the stream on Thursday before going off the deepend.

At that point we will most likely know all the answers.

Either way, at this point the pissing contest ends. I'm not singling anyone out, but there are guilty parties on both sides.

Once again, keep it constructive.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and there will be no attacks from anyone regarding their opinion either way. This includes backhanded or subtle comments that can be construed in multiple ways.

Before you hit the post button, ask yourself if your post is constructive, is it attacking someone, is it passive aggressive, or is it trying to invalidate someone's opinion. Then post accordingly.

But at this point forward, you risk being banned if the above is not followed.

A Work in Progress
Old 03-08-2017, 11:08 AM   #3
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
First off - yes, I'm closing all posting in this forum for 1 hour. And here is why:

A majority of you are taking umbrage with details released today regarding The Show's Franchise mode. You are allowed to have an opinon, and you are allowed to express it. You are not allowed to attack developers. You are not allowed to express your opinion in a destructive manner. This also goes for the "Show Homers" who have amped up their "clique" mentality this year - you need to be more understanding of others' views as well.

I also want to share this with you - the number 80. I share this because that is the estimated number of people working on The Show. This is not an excuse for anything that may or may not be in the game this year. This is a fact of life. They also have a limited budget and have to make careful decisions every year about what they can add, what they can shoot for over a multi-cycle term and what they can't hope to get in. They are the equivalent of a mid-market team that in consistently in the World Series (as they are always close to or winning Sports Game Of The Year on multiple sites)

Every game developer pours their heart and soul into games and we as a community have become a terrible, terrible place overall to share views. Be better posters. Be a better community. Everyone that frequents this site deserves it.

So at 9 PM EST/6PM PST I will reopen the forum. I haven't had to do this in years, and I'm disappointed that I have had to.
Great post. I hope all saw this. As one of the underwhelmed so far I've kept saying I hope for more in the live stream. All too often we internet users are ready to jump off a cliff at the first sign of trouble and attack anyone that disagrees. We all need to do better. Thank you for this post.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:50 PM   #4
Pro

BarfytheOwl's Arena

OVR: 0

I just want to say my thought here as a long time lurker, well before I actually joined. Feel free to delete this if need be. I never expected things to get so ugly again, and I just. Wow. You made a great call doing what had to be done, Mil. I hope things don't get this way again, it's appalling to witness in this community. Things will get better though, they always do around here. I sincerely wish everyone here on OS a great day.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:04 AM   #5
Banned

SchwarBear12's Arena

I too am a long time lurker, and so I understand where people are coming from, and there are issues myself where I felt like they needed to step it up, and guess what? They did. They listened. They are trying. I don't know what more you can ask of them.

I think the biggest mistake people make is thinking that just because 10 long-time Franchise players at OS think it's a bad idea, doesn't mean the majority agree.

If you want a TRUE SIM EXPERIENCE, how's this for an idea... do what I did back in 1992, and by hand write out ALL stats, calculate ALL stats, and make spreadcharts for a 1992 Cubs season on Tony LaRussa, game-by-game.

If you truly want authenticity... what's stopping you? Why is it SDS' responsibility? You can solve this problem yourself. Stop your bitching and get to work. Godspeed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2017, 02:11 AM   #6
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwarBear12
I too am a long time lurker, and so I understand where people are coming from, and there are issues myself where I felt like they needed to step it up, and guess what? They did. They listened. They are trying. I don't know what more you can ask of them.

I think the biggest mistake people make is thinking that just because 10 long-time Franchise players at OS think it's a bad idea, doesn't mean the majority agree.

If you want a TRUE SIM EXPERIENCE, how's this for an idea... do what I did back in 1992, and by hand write out ALL stats, calculate ALL stats, and make spreadcharts for a 1992 Cubs season on Tony LaRussa, game-by-game.

If you truly want authenticity... what's stopping you? Why is it SDS' responsibility? You can solve this problem yourself. Stop your bitching and get to work. Godspeed.
This is the type of post Millennium is talking about. Destructive, condescending, insulting, and not even necessary.

It is not unreasonable to ask for things in certain areas of the game. If they are doing it non-constructively, it's our job to worry about it. We don't need posts like this talking down to people. Not everyone has time to do all those things you say.

And adding "Godspeed" at the end doesn't make any of it ok.

Last edited by PVarck31; 03-09-2017 at 02:20 AM.
Old 03-09-2017, 07:07 AM   #7
Rookie

I respect everything being said and am always impressed with 80 guys doing what they do every year. I've never bashed the team because of that respect but isn't the game a huge win and makes good profits every year? If so why not grow the team a little? It's just a thought. I'm sick of the show hr comments and honestly I enjoy the game play they show before release every year because they don't have to. They could just do a video trailer and then release the game like most other studios do. Anyways I am very pumped for franchise mode details tonight as well as the 4.5 boost mode on PS4 today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2017, 10:37 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 24

The hell did I miss? I've not been on in about a week but it's disheartening to even see this post. I've posted plenty of complaints about the game over the years. You can completely hate the quality of the game, but the quality of the developers should not even be up for debate. No other team works harder, period. That's not an opinion, that's a fact. You won't find developers reading your threads on Operation Call of Duty. There's no GameFreak CEOs on any Pokemon boards. I dont mean to call specific games out. I could really list every game in existence. This is the only one.

They are the only ones.

Whatever happened here I hope people realize that SCEA only has the best intentions, and only aspires to build the best baseball game on the planet, unconditionally.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »