Home

Is it possible someone can abuse or cheat trades in CFM?

This is a discussion on Is it possible someone can abuse or cheat trades in CFM? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-07-2017, 08:59 AM   #1
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9
Is it possible someone can abuse or cheat trades in CFM?

One of our long time buddies and Madden Franchise members did a fantasy draft with us, and in year 3 of the Franchise he's pulled off probably close to 100 trades, and his team is absolutely loaded.

He's consistently dumping players and picks for all-stars, yet still some how manages to trade for a Top 3 pick near the end of every season.

The amount of trades he makes doesn't even make sense. He'll trade for people, then immediately trade them away for another player.

Me and the other commissioner expect something fishy is going on, but there is no way to prove it. Is there a way he could be abusing the system to keep pulling off these robbery trades?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2017, 09:07 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Is it possible someone can abuse or cheat trades in CFM?

Yes, it is very easy to take advantage of the cpu in trading. Your league should have some house rules to prevent this.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:20 AM   #3
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
Yes, it is very easy to take advantage of the cpu in trading. Your league should have some house rules to prevent this.
But in what way? That's what I want to know, how he's doing it. It's going to be hard to get everyone to agree with the new rules unless we can prove how this is being done.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:10 AM   #4
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
But in what way? That's what I want to know, how he's doing it. It's going to be hard to get everyone to agree with the new rules unless we can prove how this is being done.
Check the transaction log for one and make sure the trade deadline rule is on. It's very easy trade old (30+) players in a position a team needs and some 5th or later picks for 1st and 2nd round draft picks.

He's probably just doing trial and error too. Madden will let you try 20 different trades until the trade is accepted.

In your case, you could simply have a yay or nay approval for each trade. The person tells everyone the details of the trade and the other players approve or disapproved. Majority wins.

Last edited by Datninja619; 03-07-2017 at 11:14 AM.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:12 AM   #5
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

This is why one of my wishlist items for Madden 18 is a veto system for online CFM. I don't see how it would be hard to implement. They could allow users to agree or disagree from the mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2017, 11:22 AM   #6
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Restrict any trades with the CPU and have certain trade rules as far as how many trades you can make each year involving players 75 and up. Simply put, its very easy to do what he is doing because you don't have any rules.

Old 03-07-2017, 01:45 PM   #7
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

I believe you can sign free agents and then trade them to teams for low draft picks (obviously completely unrealistic). Then package the low draft picks for one higher pick. Repeat this over and over. I never did it myself but i don't see why that wouldn't work.

Sent from my HTC Desire 625 using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-2017, 03:59 PM   #8
Banned

My brother did the samething in our CFM. He signed every FA and traded them for picks or players. I looked in our transition log and he stayed up all night doing 100 trades.

I went delete to the CFM and told him I will play my own.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »