Home

Option Offense

This is a discussion on Option Offense within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-04-2017, 03:37 PM   #1
Rookie

Toastandtoaster's Arena

OVR: 0
Option Offense

Has anyone ever tried and or successfully run with the option playbook? I have always wanted to try but never found the courage.

Sent from my Coolpad 3622A using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2017, 09:02 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Option Offense

I started a new team a few months back with Zazzali as the QB and am trying to get a few option plays to work.* It hasn't been easy but it's not a complete failure either.* To be fair, it's only been about 4 games since I drafted Zazzali and the rest of the team isn't up to par yet.* Hopefully after a season or 2 of my complete roster the option will work a little better.

If anyone else has actually successfully ran the option, I'd also like to hear any feedback or suggestions.* So far I only run it during non crucial times of a game and only had a few plays actually work.* But I'm trying to get everything I can out of zazzali and I hear once he is experienced he can actually run the ball pretty well.*
Old 05-08-2017, 08:32 PM   #3
Rookie

I an the Option with the Rams a while back. Traded Marc Bulger and drafted Josh Johnson, it went pretty well. Only ended up doing a year or two of that one, but the option plays almost always ended with Johnson taking off. Don't know if that's a learning thing or if it's an engine thing. Might actually pick that one up again soon. I try not to use JJ because he can be broken in the right system, but so can everyone else so meh.
Old 05-13-2017, 10:28 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 26

For whatever reason, only the qbs on default rosters and players in the 2008 draft will run with the ball. Thats the reason Johnson has a chance to have 1000 yds rushing and Zazzali doesnt.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:42 PM   #5
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike3207
For whatever reason, only the qbs on default rosters and players in the 2008 draft will run with the ball. Thats the reason Johnson has a chance to have 1000 yds rushing and Zazzali doesnt.
So have we confirmed that the option doesn't work with drafted players outside of the 08 draft? If that's the case then using updated rosters with an option playbook would be pointless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2019, 12:37 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudescrew
So have we confirmed that the option doesn't work with drafted players outside of the 08 draft? If that's the case then using updated rosters with an option playbook would be pointless.
I can only speak for drafted players outside of the 08 draft at QB that are not QBs (I.e. a top ranked RB at QB). I have had success with DMC as a QB in option offense. One thing I’ve noticed is that they will never pitch the ball if you run it and actually play the snaps. If you supersim the option plays they will pitch the ball. Idk why that is.
Old 10-22-2019, 03:48 PM   #7
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampafan11
I can only speak for drafted players outside of the 08 draft at QB that are not QBs (I.e. a top ranked RB at QB). I have had success with DMC as a QB in option offense. One thing I’ve noticed is that they will never pitch the ball if you run it and actually play the snaps. If you supersim the option plays they will pitch the ball. Idk why that is.
Interesting observation. I will look into that. I really want to run an option playbook but it never seems to work. I have the rosters with Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick and would love to utilize their speed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »