Home

Trade advice

This is a discussion on Trade advice within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-27-2017, 10:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Trade advice

So someone offered me Chris Harris Jr and CJ anderson for Carr. Im the raiders and not really in need of a CB or RB really. However, i feel fine drafting a QB. I'm thinking about keeping anderson then trading Harris and Murray for a good Qb and maybe more.

Is this a good idea?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2017, 04:13 AM   #2
Rookie

Broncos and Raiders fan probably want to slap you both silly for considering this trade. Lol
I cant give you non biased advice based on the fact that I'd never trade those two guys for a Raider.

But say you replaced Carr with Winston, I'd probably take that trade for CHJ and CJ, since I'm much better using a mediocre QB, then I am trying to cover for a mediocre CB. But thats still quite a risky proposition since Winston and Carr are among the best young QB's in the game right off the bat.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:30 AM   #3
MVP

Re: Trade advice

There are so many good qb's in every draft that I would never trade for an existing one in madden. EsecIALLY in an online league. Many guys are going to get the existing qb they want and will not even be in the market for a qb in the draft.
Old 02-28-2017, 02:23 PM   #4
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

I'm going to have to agree that you pretty much never need to trade for a QB. Draft or FA is always a good route for that position. I'd hang on to Carr. Sure you can do well with a mediocre QB, but you're just that much better with a good one.

I would rather hold off and draft a good RB.

Major Boise State fan
Old 02-28-2017, 10:19 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
There are so many good qb's in every draft that I would never trade for an existing one in madden. EsecIALLY in an online league. Many guys are going to get the existing qb they want and will not even be in the market for a qb in the draft.
biggest problem with draft classes is too many good QB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2017, 10:45 PM   #6
Rookie

Well many people saying how drafting a QB is easy so I have no problem drafting a Qb and am confident in getting one that I like as long as my pick is in a good spot. Doing this trade gives me a good CB that I could trade away for another position that I need and maybe I keep Anderson or trade him away. Or take both and trade them away for a 1st rounder and maybe more to get other players and lock in that I could get a QB.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:56 PM   #7
Rookie

SpyPirates's Arena

It's probably a good trade. Just account for that QBs are extremely easy to scout, and especially if they happen to be fast, human players could snatch them up early, so you might not have an opportunity to draft one.

Assuming you're doing this in 2016, Harris Jr is on a decent contract, but still several million per yr, Carr has 2 years left on a really good rookie deal but then he'll break the bank, so that's another consideration as well.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:13 PM   #8
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganggang
Well many people saying how drafting a QB is easy so I have no problem drafting a Qb and am confident in getting one that I like as long as my pick is in a good spot. Doing this trade gives me a good CB that I could trade away for another position that I need and maybe I keep Anderson or trade him away. Or take both and trade them away for a 1st rounder and maybe more to get other players and lock in that I could get a QB.
Not saying "don't do it," but keep cap penalties in mind. The more trades you make, the more penalties you take. That something to keep in mind if you are planning to make trades on trades

Major Boise State fan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »