Home

NASCAR Heat Evolution 2 wishlist

This is a discussion on NASCAR Heat Evolution 2 wishlist within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-23-2017, 01:11 PM   #1
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0
NASCAR Heat Evolution 2 wishlist

Since it seems as though a sequel is in the works and has been all but officially announced, I thought it might be a good idea to collect our thoughts and opinions about NASCAR Heat Evolution 2 (or whatever it ends up being called) and what we're hoping to see in a sequel. I know we've all had quite a few gripes about the first game in the other threads (myself included), but let's try to keep this one on a positive tip.

First off, I'm a graphics guy, and therefore the majority of my comments will be directed toward the visual aspect of the game. You guys that are more qualified than me can speak on AI, physics, etc.

1) 60fps - This game moving at a steady 60 frames per second is absolutely at the top of my list. I'm not sure it's achievable with the resources at hand, but a fast moving NASCAR game with a steady frame rate would definitely have me interested in a sequel.

2) Wreck replays! - I'd love to see replays of wrecks, it's a bit disappointing to get a yellow caution flag and have no idea what happened.

3) Revamped Career Mode with Xfinity and Truck series - This is probably a huge hurdle this early in the series, but the current "buy upgrades to make your car faster" model is a real discouragement to playing Career Mode. Adding the lower circuits would add a ton of depth and a real sense of progression.

Also, let us name our Career driver and add custom schemes, so if I wanted to race my career as Ricky Bobby in the Wonder Bread car I could do that. Pro Evolution Soccer and NBA 2K both do a great job of this, even the NHL series is stepping up its game in the customization department.

4) Revamped damage model - It seems as though there are currently only a few stages of damage, with tons of smoke to obscure the track when things get heavy. It would be great to see these models expanded upon. A massive pileup should look and feel like one (and we should see a replay!).

5) Mini-map - The game is actually fine without one, but it's pretty much standard to have a mini-map in racing games these days.

6) More immersion/little things - Although the tracks themselves are extremely well done, the on-track experience could definitely use a facelift. For example, the mega-screens at Charlotte and Texas only display static images.

Also on the topic of little things, the numerous typos on the splash screens ("futher", "road coarse") make the game feel a bit amateurish. Maybe I'm a just grammar hound, but whenever I see these things it makes the game feel less like a AAA release and more like a budget title.

What about you guys? Any thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2017, 04:42 PM   #2
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NASCAR Heat Evolution 2 wishlist

Thanks for starting this thread!

I'm going to list something I've been wishing for going back to EA days. There needs to be more emphasis placed on pit teams and crew chiefs. Many of us, myself included, have no earthly idea how to set up cars or make adjustments. Now, since I know it'd be impossible to get the real crew chiefs (most of them anyways) in the game, there needs to be random named/various rated crew chiefs to hire in career mode. During race weekend, they'd set the cars up for qualifying and race, as well as make adjustments during the race based on feedback we provide. Depending on their rating, some would be able to provide better setups/adjustments. Same would go for pit crews, have ratings, etc.

I feel this would make it feel more real to life and mirror NASCAR a little more closely because it's honestly a team effort. The better the team/crew chief, the better results you'll have.

For me, I'm just overwhelmed with setups and all that. I have no knowledge of cars. I think this would help take realism to the next level. I surely hope there is a way to implement this.

Old 02-23-2017, 07:29 PM   #3
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

I'll try and keep this in an easy to read list, but here's my list. Subject to change of course. lol

Gameplay:

- add traction control
- add stability control
- add steering assistance
- rewinds/flashbacks
- improved car handling with controllers
- track minimap (including AI position dots)
- statistics tracking during race, including running order and laptimes
- proximity radar so player is aware of surroundings (spotter audio/mirrors don't cut it in a video game)
- Ability to pause race, and have access to a menu for upcoming pit stop options
- updates on pit strategy of other drivers from spotter (Codemasters' F1 does a great job of this)
- paintbooth & paint scheme sharing function
- improve AI awareness of player's car
- improve/reduce stability of AI cars (minor contact spins player, AI seems unaffected currently)
- Pace car w/ option to drive caution laps & pace lap
- post race celebration/burnout mode if player wins
- post race victory lane celebration cut scenes
- Create a Driver... for player model to be shown in those cut scenes.

Visuals:
- Broadcast style presentation of some sort
- better frame rate, it's awful right now
- better visuals to actually look like it belongs on XB1/PS4
- replays
- more camera angles to race from
- improved damage model
- dirt effects on player windshield when driving in car (progressive)

Audio:
- improved spotter audio
- improved intro commentary including post race commentary

Career:

- same AI settings as available outside of career (AI 85-105)
- Updated Monster Energy branding & 2017 Rules package.
- career progression that doesn't restrict player's ability to be effective on raceday... (Codemasters does a nice job of this between top tier, and bottom tier teams, you notice you're car isn't as good, but you can still run competitively)
- statistics tracking (for player and AI drivers, by race, by season, by career)

That's all I've got for now. I'm sure the next time I'm in game i'll find things to add to the list.

Last edited by brandon27; 02-27-2017 at 09:30 AM.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:31 AM   #4
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

The ability to look behind you and beside you when racing. Actually we should have a 360 view arond the car using the right stick.
The ability to remove the names from above the cars
Better more realistic A.I.
Pit Stops with a pit crew
The ability to manually control the car during yellow flag laps and the choice to actually run those laps instead of skipping over them if we so desire.
The ability to turn the spotter off if we find him annoying.
Let us run the opening pace laps with control of the car , we need more realism.

That's it for now, I know I'll have more.
Old 02-24-2017, 10:46 AM   #5
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

Just an update on my twitter convo with Sean Wilson. I asked him about joining us over here and his response:
"I'll try, keeping up here is a challenge"

That's not promising.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2017, 11:13 AM   #6
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Good points about the spotter audio, I can't believe I forgot about that.

We don't need 10 different spotters with a limited number of lines, we need one decent spotter with 10 times the number of lines.
Old 02-24-2017, 01:23 PM   #7
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

Looks like we have progress on twitter with Sean and OS. They offered to set him up on here as a developer since they get custom titles/colors and stuff. Sean asked for instructions so hopefully we'll see him here!

Old 02-24-2017, 01:28 PM   #8
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan1984
Looks like we have progress on twitter with Sean and OS. They offered to set him up on here as a developer since they get custom titles/colors and stuff. Sean asked for instructions so hopefully we'll see him here!
Nice! Hopefully he pops in and we can spark some constructive discussion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »