Home

scouting sleepers in myGM/League

This is a discussion on scouting sleepers in myGM/League within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-23-2017, 07:28 AM   #1
Rookie

andybill's Arena

OVR: 0
scouting sleepers in myGM/League

One of the scout badges says something like "is apt at identifying sleepers". I was wondering if some folks have insight as to what a sleeper actually is in this game and if this badge is useful or not? I am fully aware of what a sleeper is in real life, I am just unsure how they are manifested in this game.

For example, are sleepers in 2k someone that is well outside the lottery zone on the big board that has very high potential (i.e. B+ to A range)? And to discover this potential they have to be scouted (i.e., these guys have no grades, like everyone else outside the top 20 or so players)?

To be discovered by the staff member with the sleeper badge, I assume you have to automate said staff member when pinged for scouting requests and assign them to "find sleeper"? Isn't that a huge waste of time though? When I have done that the scout returns in two weeks and has a report on 1 guy (who is never a sleeper in my experience), whereas if I had just picked manually I could have a report on ~9 guys in two weeks. There-go, why would I ever automate to find a sleeper if he can only report one guy who is never a sleeper, and there-go, doesn't that make the sleeper badge useless?

Sorry for the stream-of-consciousness post, thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »