Home

Halfcourt Glitch

This is a discussion on Halfcourt Glitch within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-22-2017, 11:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Halfcourt Glitch

So, several days ago I was playing mycareer and whenever my playmaker sprinted with the ball past half court, he'd stop and do animations that would slow me down. At first I thought nothing of it, maybe I accidentally did a dribble move? Well, after numerous trials with changing dribbles moves, difficulty, etc. it still won't let me sprint with the ball past halfcourt. I've even tried it in myleague and it does the same thing. I haven't seen anyone post about this glitch, so is it just me? What might I be able to do?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2017, 03:05 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Halfcourt Glitch

Any solutions?
Old 02-22-2017, 03:35 PM   #3
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

Defective R2 button? It's 2017, you can post HD videos from your console with the touch of a button and you're wanting people to imagine in their mind what you're talking about.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:38 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
Defective R2 button? It's 2017, you can post HD videos from your console with the touch of a button and you're wanting people to imagine in their mind what you're talking about.
It's Not the R2 button.

This has been happening and I'm fairly certain it's on purpose. Why else would your player stop sprinting full speed, and look up, then put his head down and start sprinting again without being tired? This is another form of the "Auto Hesitation" from older 2ks. First noticed it when I had a player with 99 speed acceleration and speed with ball come off the bench, get into a fast break, and be nearly the last one down the court. It's so you don't abuse the speed of players like Westbrook. It's so the (I play on HOF so I'll say the HOF CPU) CPU can catch up and guard you. I think it came in on the same patch the dribbling nerfs came in, what was that patch 6 I think? Haven't found a solution, Used to be do a behind the back or a cross over but they slow you down after that too because 'speedboosting'.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:07 AM   #5
Rookie

ssimpsons3's Arena

2k restricts animations and movement to artificially create realistic stats and scenarios.

Looks real, feels horrible.

Im telling you people, go back and play..I mean really PLAY 2k11 for a day...come back to 2k17 and you will vomit how bad the game is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2017, 05:03 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssimpsons3
2k restricts animations and movement to artificially create realistic stats and scenarios.

Looks real, feels horrible.
This is a serious issue that needs to be addressed. Every other fastbreak has this animation happens and its really unrealistic, annoying, and feels like a game breaking glitch if you try to use westbrook. There is NO EXPLOSIVENESS whatsoever in 2k17 anymore
Old 03-11-2017, 06:19 PM   #7
Rookie

Forever_shank_18's Arena

I have something far worse. And i have proof. I will try uploading it now.
Old 03-11-2017, 06:22 PM   #8
Rookie

Forever_shank_18's Arena

Worst part about it is...it happened to the CPU not me...if somebody could please help me and tell me how to upload a video to this site?...im a noob to posting on this site smh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »