Home

Now that the plague is back.....

This is a discussion on Now that the plague is back..... within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-14-2017, 07:08 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Now that the plague is back.....

...is anyone still going to play MTO? I can say with absolute certainty that this is the straw that has broken the camels back this year. For me. I will play and enjoy it for what I can, but the spending is done. I've found a new love in MyCareer. The only cheese I have to deal with in any form is how in gonna cheese my way to a 50pt game.

PD codes were the reason I didn't play a ton last year. PD codes were the reason that I put almost no $$ into 16. In not going to spend HUNDREDS of dollars on a guessing game when someone with more free time (the as hominem attacks on unemployed are kind of ignorant btw - irrelevant argument esp considering the time that they were released lol), can put together a squad of locker codes that took no time or money investment.

I spent well over $1000 in the first 3 months. Closer to $2000 tbh. I had faith that this junk was done with. I liked the idea of free agent cards (unless someone pays extra for a pre-order reward that can only be used 5x). I've been collecting as many as I can, saving them for a full Onyx squad for friendlies.

This sounds like a crybaby thread, but i'm just interested to hear where other people are at.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2017, 07:13 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Now that the plague is back.....

I just went 5-0 in the sapphire league and in game 6 (the diamond shoe game) i started the game hot, 14-0 so the opponent rage quit and 2k gives me the L??!?

Old 02-14-2017, 07:14 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offballer4life
...is anyone still going to play MTO? I can say with absolute certainty that this is the straw that has broken the camels back this year. For me. I will play and enjoy it for what I can, but the spending is done. I've found a new love in MyCareer. The only cheese I have to deal with in any form is how in gonna cheese my way to a 50pt game.

PD codes were the reason I didn't play a ton last year. PD codes were the reason that I put almost no $$ into 16. In not going to spend HUNDREDS of dollars on a guessing game when someone with more free time (the as hominem attacks on unemployed are kind of ignorant btw - irrelevant argument esp considering the time that they were released lol), can put together a squad of locker codes that took no time or money investment.

I spent well over $1000 in the first 3 months. Closer to $2000 tbh. I had faith that this junk was done with. I liked the idea of free agent cards (unless someone pays extra for a pre-order reward that can only be used 5x). I've been collecting as many as I can, saving them for a full Onyx squad for friendlies.

This sounds like a crybaby thread, but i'm just interested to hear where other people are at.
I know exactly how you feel!!!
LOl check my line up
http://2kmtcentral.com/17/lineups/178474/yo

Saying i spent $1000 is an understatement. I also feel just like you with this PD Bull****, i understand if everyone had a fair chance of getting this, but literally 99 percent of all the people had no chance of getting this card except those that hit refresh every 2 seconds for entire day while having their locker code app at all times.

Very stupid business move...if anything, make this some kind of a reward for playing a game or something. They keep making these stupid decisions and complete **** on their fans. Im gonna continue playing this game because iv already invested in it but i can say with 100 percent certainty i am not buying this game next year....Main reason? Not really how the handled LOve but a combo of things, main being equalizer.

For anyone thats not happy, the only say to have your voice heard is to boycott their product.

They really spit in everybody's faces with this code...At least email this code to EVERYONE like you did the other code and make it like .5% chance of pulling rose but at least every person that plays this game would have a free ticket to try... They didn't even do that. Pathetic. If i ran 2k and one of my community managers or whoever i assigned to make these decisions would come with this time locker code bull**** where nobody can even have a chance at it because it expired 5 seconds after going live...id fire his ***.

Again..this code should have been emailed to EVERYONE as 1 pack with a very low chance of getting love but at least everybody would have a chance to spin and try their luck.

Last edited by Yukk; 02-14-2017 at 07:17 PM.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:21 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 17

I don't mind them at all. Unlike 2k15 the reward cards for playing the game are really good, today's update was huge. I know Love is just the first card but he isn't better then PD TD or Bob Pettit. I only went for one LC back in 2k15 & I won't go for any this year. It doesn't change anything for me.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:39 PM   #5
Pro

anditbeg1ns's Arena

I know the feeling of missing out on free stuff sucks, there aren't any damages done to you or the game to drive you to quitting the game. There are a ton of ppl crying on twitter on missing out, and maybe only 2-3 ppl on this forum actually got that card. I don't know how many cards were given out each console, but it has be VERY limited. So it sucks, they didn't handle the promotion reasonably at all, but oh well, not much damage done.

And the card isn't really that OP, no HOF badges, and typically his animations are nothing special. There are already similar or better rewards cards I would put in my LU over Love. That's going to be even more true when better cards are released on a weekly basis.

P.S. I just completed the Blazer collection and will lock in on Sabonis, he's one card I'd definitely put in over Love.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2017, 08:11 PM   #6
Pro

Bi00's Arena

2 steps forward with the updated card ratings, 1 step back with the twitter BS
Old 02-14-2017, 08:41 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukk
I know exactly how you feel!!!
LOl check my line up
http://2kmtcentral.com/17/lineups/178474/yo

Saying i spent $1000 is an understatement. I also feel just like you with this PD Bull****, i understand if everyone had a fair chance of getting this, but literally 99 percent of all the people had no chance of getting this card except those that hit refresh every 2 seconds for entire day while having their locker code app at all times.

Very stupid business move...if anything, make this some kind of a reward for playing a game or something. They keep making these stupid decisions and complete **** on their fans. Im gonna continue playing this game because iv already invested in it but i can say with 100 percent certainty i am not buying this game next year....Main reason? Not really how the handled LOve but a combo of things, main being equalizer.

For anyone thats not happy, the only say to have your voice heard is to boycott their product.

They really spit in everybody's faces with this code...At least email this code to EVERYONE like you did the other code and make it like .5% chance of pulling rose but at least every person that plays this game would have a free ticket to try... They didn't even do that. Pathetic. If i ran 2k and one of my community managers or whoever i assigned to make these decisions would come with this time locker code bull**** where nobody can even have a chance at it because it expired 5 seconds after going live...id fire his ***.

Again..this code should have been emailed to EVERYONE as 1 pack with a very low chance of getting love but at least everybody would have a chance to spin and try their luck.
that sucks but at least your team got updated today

i'm not going to hate on the unemployed but it was dropped at 5 o'clock central time while I was on my way home from work. I never really had a chance… And that's not because I was not home. people who are on PC got most of the cards. You are dreaming if you think you can be a person on PC that you stand no chance trying to use that up no matter what you do.

when I saw the card dropped I didn't even care because I knew I didn't have a chance

I just hate being lied to. The only reason why I spent like 300 bucks I don't know maybe more this year on 2K most of it going to my team was because they said they would stop this twitter giveaway crap

Who knows if I will skip out on 2K 18 but I can guarantee you one thing I will not spend anything on my team next year after being lied to again. I know the chances of me running into him are small but they will continue to give out these cards and that is what upsets me the most, especially as more console players will start getting them once they decide to drop more and pc players already have them.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:53 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
I don't mind them at all. Unlike 2k15 the reward cards for playing the game are really good, today's update was huge. I know Love is just the first card but he isn't better then PD TD or Bob Pettit. I only went for one LC back in 2k15 & I won't go for any this year. It doesn't change anything for me.
I agree. This is the only reason this didn't upset me when I seen my entire lineup get updated..I run with Collectors rewards, blacktop Rewards and Historics and they all got a huge boost in stats beside no extra badges I'm good. We also get two more Free Pink diamonds with Baylor and Petit.

Now if this was like previous years when the only way to get PD was with Twitter fingers than I would get it

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »