Home

Game loading times

This is a discussion on Game loading times within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-13-2017, 11:02 AM   #1
Rookie

mepting's Arena

OVR: 0
Game loading times

Hey, just curious if there is a fix for the initial game loading times? My game use to take 8-9 minutes. With each patch it has increased. Now taking 15, sometimes close to 20 minutes. I am not talking about it being stuck at the team logo screen, but at the initial NBA2K17 screen. I have seen some suggest reinstalling the game but I am a little nervous about losing everything. Has anyone done this, or fixed this issue? Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2017, 11:58 AM   #2
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Game loading times

Try setting your network to offline then load the game while offline. Confirm if that helps. I also have a second profile and loading into that profile first seems to help. Then I switch to the main profile. The main profile is a shared profile - it's best to start game with a home profile.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2017, 12:07 PM   #3
Rookie

yungmeaks's Arena

OVR: 2

Re-install the game. You won't lose anything.

Do people not realize you can save your save files onto the PS4/Xbox cloud? You can literally download your save files from the cloud.
Old 02-14-2017, 12:42 PM   #4
Rookie

JayBillups36's Arena

My 93% has been unbearable last 2 patches. We talking 10 minute loading screens no BS
Old 02-22-2017, 04:57 PM   #5
Rookie

alexbrg's Arena

I made what turned out to be a huge mistake by clearing the reserved space when the game used to get "stuck" at the team logos screen.
I thought that would fix the problem, turns out it makes things worse and 2K already explained why.

The thing is, I'm still getting ridiculous loading times even after the latest patch. A quick game takes like 3 minutes to load, same for editing a player in my custom roster..
I tried re-installing the game (I have the XBox digital version) and deleting my local game data but the game retrieves that from the 2K servers which I assume is causing the problem (?).

I wouldn't mind losing my saved data at all if that meant getting back to reasonable loading times. Can anyone help me?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2017, 05:12 PM   #6
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8

It's on 2K, they've screwed the pooch with all the updates. Caused nothing but problems.

There is nothing you can do to fix the issue. Just keep hitting 2K support until they do something about it.

Also getting sick of every time I finally get in, start my game and then get the "there is an update, return to the main menu" garbage and it's done it the last 3 straight days.

A real shame since there is a solid game hidden under a pile of "Superman 64" level of quality programming from 2K.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:14 PM   #7
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8

Here is the response they sent me tonight for my open ticket about the game taking 10 minutes or more to load in the Paul George screen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xavier S., Feb 22, 5:02 PM EST:
Hello Scott,
Thank you for contacting us here at 2K Support.
I am sorry to hear that you appear to be stuck on the loading screen when trying to load NBA 2K17. I understand how frustrating this would be, so let's see what we can do to help you resolve this.
Before we go any further, please allow me to inform you that it is normal for your game to be taking a long time to load if you have just re-installed or if it’s been quite a while since the last time you launched the game. It might be due to the game still downloading and applying updates before giving you full access, or simply because all of the content is not currently properly installed and needs to be reconfigured. Let me reassure you that the game is not frozen, it is simply taking an extended period of time to load features. The time usually increases as the game's life cycle continues and additional content is added. I would also like to mention that the amount of time it takes to load will vary and also depends on the quality of your internet connection. To verify what the speed and quality of your internet service is you can visit http://www.speedtest.net/ on either a PC or mobile device connected to your WiFi.
In the meantime I would suggest launching the game, letting it load and either leave it idle (not touching anything) while it updates or put your system in sleep mode. When the game is finished loading it should bring you to the main menu automatically.
Additionally, you may notice a slight improvement in your loading if you connect your console to your Internet router directly via Ethernet (if possible of course).
Let me know if it works!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And then my response to them.

My game has not just been re-installed.
I’ve been playing everyday, so there are not long periods between trying to play the game.
My internet speed is 250down and 20up. Ping speed is generally less than 15ms on my network.
My Xbox One is hardwired and has priority in my network.
My system is always set to instant on so it updates automatically.

Every time I try to play the game, it goes to the Paul George screen and stays there for roughly 10 minutes.

Having many updates this late into a games lifespan, does not mean it takes longer to load. I have many games, that are even further into their lifespan and also have many updates and additional content, yet load just as fast as they did at launch. And even if they were slower, there are not noticeable and certainly not 10 minutes in length. I have roughly 200 games between my Xbox One and PS4, no game comes near NBA 2K17 in terms of load times.

This is a problem either with the game itself or the 2K servers. There are many people on many different forums, twitter, facebook etc. that are all complaining about this. It keeps getting blown off as, “Just let the game load, this is normal”. It is not normal.

I have owned every NBA 2K game going back to the Dreamcast. I have never seen a version of this franchise go so far off the rails in terms of user experience as 2K17 has.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »