Home

Made my player 5'10 trying to be realistic... but will that be a big mistake?

This is a discussion on Made my player 5'10 trying to be realistic... but will that be a big mistake? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-12-2017, 01:00 AM   #1
Rookie

andyacecandy's Arena

OVR: 1
Made my player 5'10 trying to be realistic... but will that be a big mistake?

Just got the game and spent a while creating a player. I made him point guard 5'10 to be realistic but now I'm wondering if this was a huge mistake for the rest of my career basically getting blocked and no rebounds?

No way to change height after the fact?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2017, 01:10 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Made my player 5'10 trying to be realistic... but will that be a big mistake?

Unfortunately no my man
There is no way to change that. What type of play style would you say suits you the best? For a point guard slashers and play makers are the best from my experience
Old 02-12-2017, 01:17 AM   #3
Rookie

andyacecandy's Arena

Re: Made my player 5'10 trying to be realistic... but will that be a big mistake?

Bummer yeah I like slashing and playmaking. Guess I'll start over and go for 6'4 or so
Old 02-12-2017, 01:44 AM   #4
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

I make my guy 5ft 9 every year as a PG and love it, especially this year being so damn fast and able to throw down some sweet dunks.

I always use floaters and Euro Steps from years of practice though, you can't just play like a SF etc. or you will get your **** sent back ASAP.

But then again I love passing and play as a true Playmaker, if you're trying to just score then being taller has a lower learning curve.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-12-2017, 11:51 AM   #5
Rookie

andyacecandy's Arena

I may try that my second time through... but I love posterizing people too much
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2017, 12:10 PM   #6
Rookie

It's not a good idea. Maybe if you have a playmaker.

Height and Length will always dominate in this franchise. Long PG's will absolutely dominate you defensively when you take that player online. It will be hard to drive to the cup because of your lack of height and even creating your shot off of the dribble will be a little more difficult because your opponents length will constantly make up for any space you may have created.

If the guy is a playmaker, the speed is probably enough on it's own to allow you to create that space. I have a 5'10 Shot Creator. His dribble is not fast enough to efficiently and effectively create space without his shot being contested. I can only attack the bucket when there is no one there. If anyone is there my likelyhood of getting blocked is simply tremendous. to put things in perspective, My LDD PG who is 6'7 can attack the cup with a much greater degree of success and he is less affected by the defenders contest when I put up a moving shot.

Essentially my LDD PG is a better offensive player than my 5'10 Shot Creator, Solely because his length and height at 6'7.

If you're only playing by yourself and it's against the AI. It probably doesn't matter. If you intend to compete online, save yourself the head ache - Give him some height and length.
Old 02-12-2017, 04:31 PM   #7
Elite Allstar

Ray Vibes's Arena

Rebounds? lol
Old 02-12-2017, 04:38 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Last year there was actually a sizable statistical advantage in being small. I used a 5'7" outside scorer for the majority of 2K16, including against many top 100 Pro Am teams, so that I could get the extra attribute points in shooting, speed, steals, and passing.

This year there's no reason to make a player smaller than 6'5" if you plan on being competitive with him online. The statistical advantages that smaller players had in 2K16 don't exist anymore in 2K17 now that the shooting ratings, passing ratings, and steal ratings are all capped and don't increase as you decrease your player's size.

Last edited by jyoung; 02-12-2017 at 04:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »