Home

How to Build a Super Bowl Champion in Madden

This is a discussion on How to Build a Super Bowl Champion in Madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-10-2017, 10:18 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
How to Build a Super Bowl Champion in Madden

To achieve the pinnacle of success in the virtual football world, one must build a team with really good players and a bit of video game smarts.

The New England Patriots and Atlanta Falcons took separate paths to take part in one of the most memorable Super Bowls of all time, but they both fit the mold of success.

The Patriots have been at the top of the football world for the last decade and a half. They've built a consistent winner. The Falcons, meanwhile, have took some time to get to their first Super Bowl since 1999. The Patriots have had the same general structure for many years while the Falcons have had to tweak their plans during the same span.

But the point is if you're in the middle of a franchise and trying to win a Super Bowl, you're going to need a plan. These two teams came up with a plan, and you can execute a plan if you have the right mindset in Madden.

Read More - How to Build a Super Bowl Champion in Madden
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2017, 11:04 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Points well taken...but having a great QB when PLAYING Madden doesn't mean anything if you are not a good player to begin with - like me!
Old 02-10-2017, 11:09 AM   #3
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Most of the default rosters have "less than" offensive lines to begin your first season with...

As a result, the quickest, easiest, way to build a winner is to focus on the OL...

You can have straight up "roadkill" at the skill positions if you have all day to pass the ball and giant holes to run the ball through...

The generated draft classes have 75+ OL thought out all rounds of the draft, who are cheap and can be quick to progress...

Over a couple of drafts, you can easily turn your line into something akin to DAL's and have similar results...without having to find, draft, or pay the "Triplets"...

While that process is ongoing, target the positions on D that the AI values most: SS / MLB / FS / OLB.

Lastly, make sure you have players that can generate a more than respectable pass rush...

The key to "coverage" in this title, is forcing the ball out ASAP...
Old 02-10-2017, 04:24 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5
For me QB is the last position I worry about since the difference between great QBs and bad ones are negligible. Even bad QBs can make the majority of the throws at a high percentage. I focus on building offensive and defensive lines first and foremost with playmakers at WR and TE.
Old 02-10-2017, 07:19 PM   #5
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: How to Build a Super Bowl Champion in Madden

I tend to focus on the following:

On Offense:
1. O-line...absolutely critical to have a good O-line
2. Once established on the O-line, a solid QB is vital. There is such a HUGE difference between using a great QB and a bad QB in this game.

On Defense:
1. Pass Rush
2. Great cover corners
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2017, 07:00 AM   #6
MVP

As there are many ways to skin a cat there are many ways to build a super bowl team. I sim a lot of games so my team can't just win based on my madden abilities. I am not saying I am great at madden but I can take the Browns to the super bowl on all madden in the first year if I played all the games. That is why I sim most games to force me to build a team. A great qb is a must in the sim engine, without one you are not going to win a lot of games. That has to be number one priority. I also make sure he has the clutch trait.
Old 02-11-2017, 10:51 AM   #7
Rookie

SpyPirates's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by threattonature
For me QB is the last position I worry about since the difference between great QBs and bad ones are negligible...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I tend to focus on the following:

2. Once established on the O-line, a solid QB is vital. There is such a HUGE difference between using a great QB and a bad QB in this game...
It's great how we can play the same video game with the same engine, calculations, etc. and have such drastically different opinions, isn't it? :-)

I think the QB is important in Madden, but not as important as in RL. Unless you're using the sim engine, you can still move the ball pretty effectively with average QBs. My CFM team has Aaron Rodgers, but he has frequently been injured, so I've observed the difference in how my team plays with and without him on a few occasions:

Year 1: Rodgers went down when I was the hot team in the league and I replaced him with Drew Stanton. I couldn't win a game to save my life using either play the moments or playing the whole game. Accuracy was a minor issue--it just seemed like even when throwing accurately into favorable matchups, I wasn't getting good "dice rolls". I think QB accuracy affects catch chance regardless of how accurate the pass seems to be thrown on the screen, creating a hidden advantage for high-tier QBs.

The next couple of years Rodgers went down, I was able to replace him with a high caliber QB on a rookie contract I drafted (~80 OVR). The drop off was noticeable, but he was much better than Drew Stanton, and my team had improved a bit since the Stanton Era, so we more or less didnt miss a beat. In fact, one year Rodgers was out from ~week 10 through the conference championship, so my new QB had to lead us to the Super Bowl--and I promptly benched him for Rodgers in the big game. We lost. I could only imagine the hot takes calling for Rodgers's head if that had happened in RL!

Apart from the QB position, I think the WR-CB matchups are very important in Madden, so using draft capital/cap space on those are the best strategy IMO. But I still like to build up my team at all positions just for the fun of it, so I've got a mean DT (he's a beast but does not impact the game as much as a 94 OVR player should), a good OL, and even good special teamers.
Old 02-11-2017, 10:55 AM   #8
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

OVR: 6

The saying is, defense wins championships. In my Detroit Lions franchise, my first priority was to build up a great defense and go from there.

I began by building up the secondary. With a lockdown corner in Darius Slay in place, I drafted CB Teez Tabor #5 overall in 2017 (who honestly isn't that good lol), SS Malik Hooker #6 overall in 2018 (a stud) and FS Brandon Jones in the 2nd round in 2019. These 4 players anchor a defense that has a lackluster pass rush and help mask that.

For offense, I started by drafting HB Samaje Perine in the 1st round in 2017, and over the next couple of seasons I built up the o-line. My receivers are a bunch of later round picks with elite speed but they can't catch lol. But, when they catch the ball, they can take any pass to the house. These guys fit in perfectly with my rookie QB, who has lackluster arm strength but is extremely accurate on short passes.

I'm currently in year 4, and the Lions are 10-3, a win away from winning the NFC North for the first time since 1993 and making the playoffs for the first time since 2014.

Feel free to check out every game from the series so far here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...t8WhyUSu8w1Ntf

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »