Home

"Fear The Wheat!" A Wichita State Shockers Dynasty.

This is a discussion on "Fear The Wheat!" A Wichita State Shockers Dynasty. within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-05-2017, 04:33 AM   #1
MVP

kswgrad2012's Arena

OVR: 7
"Fear The Wheat!" A Wichita State Shockers Dynasty.

"Fear The Wheat!"
A Wichita State Shockers Dynasty.

Dynasty Specs

Game: NCAA Football 14
Console: Xbox 360
Sliders: Jarrod21's GREEN Set
Rosters: Mr LaDreal Bell's 2016 roster
Skill Level: Heisman Gameplay, Slowest coach progression
Quarter Length: 10 Minutes

Introduction

Hey again! My name is KSWgrad2012. After months away from Operation Sports, I have decided to make my return. I'm excited for this new series, a TeamBuilder for the first time. The Wichita State Shockers are a program I've always wanted to resurrect, after first hearing about the school in 2013 during the NCAA Men's Final Four. I loved the mascot, plain & simple. The Shockers haven't sponsored football since 1986, and after 30 years, the sport is set to return to campus. We embark on a journey to bring championships to the Sunflower State. Join me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2017, 04:38 AM   #2
MVP

kswgrad2012's Arena

Re: "Fear The Wheat!" A Wichita State Shockers Dynasty.

Wichita State Shockers - Team Records

Record:
Conference:
Bowl:
Initial Rank:
Final Rank:
Award Winners:
All-Americans:
School Records:
Old 02-05-2017, 04:41 AM   #3
MVP

kswgrad2012's Arena

NCAA Records

National Champions:
BCS Games:
Heisman Trophy Winner:
Coach of the Year:
School w/ Most All-Americans:
Old 02-05-2017, 05:24 AM   #4
MVP

kswgrad2012's Arena

Wichita State votes to revive football
After 30 years, Shocker football will return in 2016

August 10, 2014
by Ronald Wells

It's been rumored for years that Wichita State University was considering reviving its football program. The program shut down in 1986 after years of losing money, losing football games, and the tragic 1970 plane crash that killed 31 people. The WSU Board of Regents announced today that they have concluded a year-long study that investigated the long-term feasibility of Shocker football, and the results were promising. The school announced that they will revive football in time for the 2016 football season, and they will compete at the highest level of college football, the FBS. NCAA rules require the school compete as an Independent for two years unless they can find a conference to call home. Wichita State will have two years from now to construct the program, and the first step will be finding a head coach.

Quote:
John Bardo (WSU President): "I am excited for the return of Wichita State football. This is a day thirty years in the making, and we are excited to see what will come of this."

There is hoopla on the WSU campus today as the students celebrate this news. The Wichita Eagle will continue to report on this story in the coming days.
Old 02-05-2017, 05:52 AM   #5
MVP

kswgrad2012's Arena

Wichita State tabs Kaelyn Willingham as Head Coach
D-2 mastermind set to bring his talents to FBS

September 20, 2014
by Ross Bartholomew

The Wichita State Shockers have announced the hiring of a new head football coach, a month after the school announced it would resurrect its football program. Kaelyn Willingham, originating from D-2 Thomas More College in Ohio, will be introduced at a press conference this afternoon. His pedigree reigns supreme, having descended from a huge coaching tree & enjoying success at numerous small programs. Willingham is known as an offensive wizard, and his high-octane Spread Option offenses have devastated D-2 college football defenses for years. After having won so much at the Division 2 level, Willingham felt the need for a bigger challenge.

Quote:
Kaelyn Willingham: "I'm proud of what I have accomplished here at Thomas More, but it's time to move on. Wichita State was the only D-1 school to approach me with a job offer, and when I heard the offer I was intrigued. The opportunity to build a program from scratch at the FBS level is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I could not pass it by."

Willingham's first task will be to construct a roster that can win. And it won't be easy in the heart of the Midwest. Kansas produced just three recruits rated 4-stars or higher, and all of them will be leaving the state for college. Wichita State will need to establish pipelines, and they'd be best to start with the state of Texas. Willingham will also need to hire a coaching staff that can make something out of nothing. It will be interesting to watch this unfold.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2017, 06:12 AM   #6
MVP

kswgrad2012's Arena

Renovations set to begin at Cessna Stadium
45-year-old stadium to receive expanded seating, new amenities

October 15, 2014
by Ronald Wells

Step One of the process of reviving Wichita State football was hiring a head coach. The school did that just recently with Kaelyn Willingham. Step Two will be to begin renovations on the old Cessna Stadium, which is currently used by the WSU track & field team. In its current form, the stadium seats 31,500 people, but only occupies 20,000 readily. Renovations will return is usable occupancy to the original 31,500, with the ability to expand to 40,000 if needed. There will also be a remodeling of the concession stands, restrooms, luxury suites and locker rooms. The natural grass will also be replaced with turf. The circular track will remain in place for track & field events. WSU president John Bardo expects the renovation project to last through early 2016.

Quote:
Bardo: "We expect this to be a long-term project. We hope to have it completed by the start of Spring practice in 2016, just in time for our first football season."

The school raised the funds needed for the renovations through a series of private fundraisers and alumni donations. The project is expected to cost about $60 million. Shocker football is on track to return in 2016, and Cessna Stadium should be ready by then.
Old 02-05-2017, 07:32 AM   #7
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

OVR: 30

Glad to see you back here! You know I'll be following this one, bud!
Old 02-05-2017, 12:02 PM   #8
MVP

kswgrad2012's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundingThird
Glad to see you back here! You know I'll be following this one, bud!
Long time no see, my friend. Glad to have you on board!

Dynasty Stops:
1. Tulane Green Wave
2. UAB Blazers
3. Wichita State Shockers

Xbox Live Gamertag: Dr HAM 101 (friend me/message me!)

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »