Home

Has anyone switched from a 3-4 to a 4-3

This is a discussion on Has anyone switched from a 3-4 to a 4-3 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-03-2017, 10:05 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
Has anyone switched from a 3-4 to a 4-3

So I am going into my 4th year of my franchise. Thinking of switching my team to a 4-3 even though the Jets are a default 3-4. Has anyone done this and got it to show up correctly in the opening lineups??

I am currently in offseason year 3 stage 1

thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2017, 10:08 AM   #2
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Has anyone switched from a 3-4 to a 4-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftyjets
So I am going into my 4th year of my franchise. Thinking of switching my team to a 4-3 even though the Jets are a default 3-4. Has anyone done this and got it to show up correctly in the opening lineups??

thanks
As long as you correctly position change your DEs, DTs, and OLBs, it will show up correctly......also make sure you change your scheme along with playbook. I did it in CFM in season 3 and it has been a disaster though lol. Switching back next season

Old 02-03-2017, 10:13 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:

thanks
Started my CFM by switching the 49ers scheme to 4-3.

Was an absolute disaster the first year because I didn't account for position changes, etc. and had the worst defense in the league.

I've slowly rebuilt it over my 3 and a half seasons, but my offense has taken the hit because of it with all my resources being focused on rebuilding the D.

Make sure you have a plan in place before you do so I guess is my advice.
Old 02-03-2017, 01:59 PM   #4
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

thanks
Regarding the bold, I don't think that the presentation element in-game will change, irrespective of how you change the scheme within the coach menu.

Otherwise, switching schemes can work well. But really account for your LB style; if you have 'pass rush' style LBs playing in a 43, it is going to be tough. You can see their style in the player card where it lists all their traits...this is not to be confused with the LB type that shows up on the main player card panel.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:27 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 1

the presentation of your D during the game intros is connected to your O playbook.

yes, that is weird.

for instance, a WCO playbook will turn your D presentation into a 43 even if you're running a 34.

the way to get around this is to setup you playbooks in the last week before the draft. the following season, you will have the correct presentations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2017, 08:44 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
the presentation of your D during the game intros is connected to your O playbook.

yes, that is weird.

for instance, a WCO playbook will turn your D presentation into a 43 even if you're running a 34.

the way to get around this is to setup you playbooks in the last week before the draft. the following season, you will have the correct presentations.
I run West Coast playbook and it shows 3-4 for me. I changed the Saints to 3-4. I changed my playbook to 3-4 and scheme to Attacking 3-4. One of those seemed to do it.
Old 02-04-2017, 11:04 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splice
I run West Coast playbook and it shows 3-4 for me. I changed the Saints to 3-4. I changed my playbook to 3-4 and scheme to Attacking 3-4. One of those seemed to do it.
there are lots of combination that knock it into showing the right presentation.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:04 AM   #8
Rookie

catcher_0_3's Arena

Going from a 34 (usually odd front) to a 43 even or normal (even front) will take some time to adjust to. If you wanted to play more 43 odd or under your first year to ease into the transition, you can probably mask some of the inherent deficiencies you will face with your personnel, which will mostly come in your linebacking core.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »