Home

Dynamic Duos Done?

This is a discussion on Dynamic Duos Done? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-01-2017, 07:40 PM   #1
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

OVR: 0
Dynamic Duos Done?

Was this just a gimmick? It seems like forever since we've gotten new duos and some players are begging for them. Ever since that already extremely OP Francis (For the lamest connection ever) got one I've been waiting for Big Ben to get blessed. Now with this Amethyst Billups available in packs, it's the perfect time to give him one.

But will they? Nash came out months ago yet he wasn't paired with Marion. There are times when two players on the same team get Moments cards in the same game, but for some reason, no duo. LeBron & Kyrie. KD & Steph. They've released a Stockton & a Malone. No Duo. Pierce & KG. No Duo. Yao & TMac. Magic & Kareem. Bird & Parrish. Kidd & VC. Tony Allen & Marc Gasol both had LD collection cards. No Duo!!

This was one of the most fun aspects of the game and I think it helps add diversity to lineups. There's really no reason it's been this long since we've gotten one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2017, 10:22 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Dynamic Duos Done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdatyt
Was this just a gimmick? It seems like forever since we've gotten new duos and some players are begging for them. Ever since that already extremely OP Francis (For the lamest connection ever) got one I've been waiting for Big Ben to get blessed. Now with this Amethyst Billups available in packs, it's the perfect time to give him one.

But will they? Nash came out months ago yet he wasn't paired with Marion. There are times when two players on the same team get Moments cards in the same game, but for some reason, no duo. LeBron & Kyrie. KD & Steph. They've released a Stockton & a Malone. No Duo. Pierce & KG. No Duo. Yao & TMac. Magic & Kareem. Bird & Parrish. Kidd & VC. Tony Allen & Marc Gasol both had LD collection cards. No Duo!!

This was one of the most fun aspects of the game and I think it helps add diversity to lineups. There's really no reason it's been this long since we've gotten one.
Yeah the possibilities are endless. Duos add some much creativity to lineup building and hype around certain players. I'm real bummed that 2k fell asleep on these.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:37 PM   #3
Rookie

Love the dynamic duo concept if theyre appropriate duos like they would be in real life.... wade/lbj, stockton/malone, jordan/pippen etc.

In fact tbh, dynamic duos is one of the best concepts in the game imo.

Its so nasty that rookie penny can be used with that diamond shaq and still give a lot of teams problems.

2k18 could make this concept amazing if it wanted
Old 02-01-2017, 10:43 PM   #4
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blraob
Love the dynamic duo concept if theyre appropriate duos like they would be in real life.... wade/lbj, stockton/malone, jordan/pippen etc.

In fact tbh, dynamic duos is one of the best concepts in the game imo.

Its so nasty that rookie penny can be used with that diamond shaq and still give a lot of teams problems.

2k18 could make this concept amazing if it wanted
2K17 could. It's already here. That Jay Williams & Dunleavy duo lasted on my main team up until I got an amethyst PG. Like it was worth me having a Gold in my lineup all the way until the Amethyst seed.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:46 PM   #5
Rookie

aLargeJewishGuy's Arena

I need a Kobe and Pau duo more than cheesers need speed boosting. Plssssss

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2017, 11:43 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdatyt
2K17 could. It's already here. That Jay Williams & Dunleavy duo lasted on my main team up until I got an amethyst PG. Like it was worth me having a Gold in my lineup all the way until the Amethyst seed.
Too late for 2k17, its all star weekend coming up and they've dropped the ball on it i think. Too many ****ty and meaningless duos out there also...rookie MJ and Phil Jackson? Cmon 2k, thats stupid. Im talking real duos from back in the day to current.

A lakers kobe and pau duo from there championship era.

A Zo and LJ from back in the day.

Stockton and Malone.

Duncan and Parker.

2k18 they could even bring in chemistry boosts for 3 players. Im liking the idea of Spurs ginobili, duncan and parker, the warriors of this year klay durant and curry, the big 3 at the heat, the 3 at the cavs comeback from 3-1, the celtics championships allen pierce and garnett, and whatever else you can think of that actually make sense on the court.

This would be absolutely crazy playing with these simulation type duos, instead of a kyrie irving and... kidd gilchrist? Smh. Kat and Simmons? Smh.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:37 AM   #7
Pro

They don't care, people are spending money without the need to use duo's. If it don't equal more money then 2k don't care about it.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:30 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

If it isn't bringing profit, they stop it. People are ripping through packs like the lottery and will continue to do so. This means 2K can just sit back and not have to worry about doing too much. Notice how dormant the 2K MyTEAM twitter has gotten.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZL...oZTc9skGgA3x5g

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »