Home

Seven Franchise Mode UI Changes Needed For Madden NFL 18

This is a discussion on Seven Franchise Mode UI Changes Needed For Madden NFL 18 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-30-2017, 05:29 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Seven Franchise Mode UI Changes Needed For Madden NFL 18

When playing a franchise mode in any sports game, players often spend much more time navigating menus than on the field playing the actual game. Whether it’s adjusting depth charts, reviewing box scores, catching up on league news, or scouting next year’s crop of draft prospects, the quality of user-interface elements in franchise mode can go a long way in determining how fun -- or frustrating -- it can be.

Let’s take a look at seven areas where EA can make positive steps towards building a better experience outside of the lines in franchise mode.

Read More - Seven UI Changes Needed For Madden NFL 18
Platform: Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2017, 05:52 PM   #2
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Seven Franchise Mode UI Changes Needed For Madden NFL 18

Trade finder would be a great addition. Also, put the story lines back on the main CFM screen like in Madden 15; No need for the massive week listing or the season time linegraphic.
Old 01-30-2017, 05:54 PM   #3
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Agree with everything here. CFM has some of the worst UI of any game I've played. Slow, clunky, unnecessarily big. And it's gotten consistently worse every year IMO. I'll never understand why they took the old news feed off the front page. 32-team control takes ages with their current layout. Just so many issues that make something annoying when it should be simple.
Old 01-30-2017, 06:21 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 0

One relatively small addition that I believe could go a very long way in creating a better sense of immersion would be re-doing the menu ticker to show only information from your league (scores and individual stats from last week, league leaders, transactions, injuries, next week's matchups, etc.). OS user DeuceDouglas had a pretty cool mockup for what this might look like.

If possible (legally speaking) it would be pretty cool to have the NFL Network's ticker design.

Last week's scores and individual stats
Spoiler

League leaders
Spoiler

Transactions
Spoiler

Next week's matchups
Spoiler

Spoiler

Piggy-backing off of that last point, more NFL Network and NFL.com integration in menus (perhaps in stats screens for the latter?) would be welcome too.
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions

Last edited by ripcandlestickpark; 01-30-2017 at 07:02 PM.
Old 01-30-2017, 06:29 PM   #5
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
nfl network integration is cool...but they have espn license....might as well use it since the 3 games they did use it (college bball, college fball, and nba live) are no more
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2017, 06:32 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
nfl network integration is cool...but they have espn license....might as well use it since the 3 games they did use it (college bball, college fball, and nba live) are no more
Good point. I forgot that they still have the license. Thanks for reminding me. If given the choice, though, between NFL Network and ESPN integration, I'd go with NFLN if only for aesthetic reasons.
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions
Old 01-30-2017, 07:25 PM   #7
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

Good article. Very important stuff here. Madden's UI is so obnoxious and counter-intuitive, even compared to its other EA Sports titles. NHL and FIFA both have a similar "box-style" UI, but their's seem more organized, and FIFA puts the headlines right on the first tab. Even though I'm not a big fan of those UI's, either, they at least are a bit easier to deal with.

Other than it looking dated, I really don't understand why we can't have an enhanced version of the UI in the PS2/XBOX era games. Menus that are quick to load, the ability to quickly move from user-controlled teams to other user teams, and all that good stuff. I control a 32 team offline franchise, and I'd love to just be able to go into Free Agency or the Depth chart and switch between my teams with R2 or L2 instead of having to click down R3, scroll to the team, then be kicked back out to the front menu, have to go back into the FA screen... it's just so much unnecessary work. I know this isn't a big deal for those who only use one team, but there are many of us who enjoy playing with different teams or don't trust the CPU AI to put teams together. A complete UI overhaul is definitely high on my Madden 18 wishlist.
Old 01-30-2017, 08:49 PM   #8
Rookie

Vermin's Arena

OVR: 8
Lots of great suggestions made here. I think I would trade them all just to have the Low Contracts Warning screen in MUT not appear every time I transitioned forward or backward one UI screen. I appreciate the warning, but when I dismiss it once, I shouldn't have it force-fed to me four more times before I start a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »