Home

Who is your MyPlayer(s) modeled after?

This is a discussion on Who is your MyPlayer(s) modeled after? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: Who did you model your MyPlayer after?
NBA Player 9 69.23%
Unique Player 4 30.77%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-30-2017, 11:33 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Who is your MyPlayer(s) modeled after?

Hey OS community. Just wanted to differentiate this thread from the Archetype thread, didn't want to get into too much discussion about attributes. Every now and then I'll be watching NBA highlights or think of a past NBA player that I would like to make in 2K.

Basically, did you model your MyPlayer after an NBA player or did you try to go a unique route? What was the expectation vs reality?

I think this thread will give us an idea of how satisfied the community is with the Archetypes available to us. It might also give others inspiration to create players based on the community's responses.

Please refer all attribute questions to the Archetpye thread as this was created more as a survey.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-nba-2k17.html

Player Basics:
6'9 SF 215lbs SF Slasher
Modeled After (actual player or unique): cover boy Paul George
Plays Like: Stromile Swift
Expectation vs Reality: I wanted the finishing ability over the shooting ability but the reality is the lack of shooting really hurts this archetype. Would've gone with a Point Forward instead but this was my first created player in 17 and I've always stuck with the slasher type player. Fun to play with and I've gotten some really nasty posters.

Player Basics: 6'9 PF 265lbs PF Glass Cleaner
Modeled After (actual player or unique): unique
Plays Like: Kenneth Faried
Expectation vs Reality: Wanted a smaller GC because I can't stand playing with slow players. This player is a beast against players 7foot or smaller but gets dominated 7'1-7'3 players. I'm finding that height trumps rebounding ability so I didn't go further with this player.

Player Basics: 6"10 230lbs PF Lockdown Defender
Modeled After (actual player or unique): unique
Plays Like: Bismack Biyombo that can hit an open 3
Expectation vs Reality: Didn't want to grind for badges for this guy just yet. Plays beastly in MyCareer but gets bodied online due to lack of upgrades and 2K's underpowered defensive system and animations.

Player Basics: 6'5 196lbs SG Sharpshooter
Modeled After (actual player or unique): taller Steph Curry
Plays Like: Jamal Murray
Expectation vs Reality: You can tell this was the archetype made to sell this game due to it's favorable attribute caps. While defense wins games, offense will sell games and as much as I hate to admit it, sharpshooters are OP in this game. Definitely my favorite player to use. Wanted to build Steph Curry but the off the dribble shooting doesn't feel natural to me. Driving ability also exceeded expectations which is why he plays more like Jamal Murray which isn't a bad thing to me. I was against sharpshooters for so long because a lot of them have been cheesers but when done right, this is my favorite player to play with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2017, 01:34 PM   #2
MVP

3304Life's Arena

Re: Who is your MyPlayer(s) modeled after?

Player basics: 6"8 250lbs Point Forward
Modeled after: LeBron James
Plays like: LeBron James
Expectation vs Reality: I think this is probably the closest I've ever been able to creating an accurate LeBron character in 2K. Maybe the inside attributes in terms of slashing are not exact but I can have a decent outside game and a decent post game too. Averages with this player are pretty close to LeBron numbers too.

Player Basics: 6'11 275lbs Post Scorer
Modeled After: Dwight Howard
Plays Like: Karl Anthony Towns
Expectations vs Reality: I modeled this character after
Howard physically but his play style I wanted to be closer to Shaq. I didn't realise how good you could have a mid range game as a post scorer though so my game is mostly close to the rim but also able to stretch out to shooting 15 footers.

Player basics: 6'3 190lbs Playmaker PG
Modeled after: Kyrie Irving
Plays like: Chris Paul
Expectations vs Reality: I wanted a shot creator but with better playmaking, and I found that it was much more effective to run an offense as a passer than as a scorer first. The balanced setup of the archetype though means I can take games over by scoring if I have to.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
Old 01-30-2017, 11:00 PM   #3
Rookie

ssimpsons3's Arena

I pretty much always keep a real player in mind when starting a new build. Might not always look like them, sometimes Ill do a CAP face, or same height, but their style of game is attempted.

Post Scoring C is modeled after Hakeem
Shot Creator SG is Jordan
Sharpshooter SF is a Korver/utility style player
Playmaking PG is Kyrie
Old 01-30-2017, 11:03 PM   #4
MVP

1. Player Basics: 6'8 240lbs Center Athletic Finisher
Modeled After: Draymond Green
Plays like: Draymond Green/DeMar Derozan
Expectation vs Reality: 75 Ball Control allows elite dribble moves so i can cross up a center and explode to the hoop, rebounding and defence not as bad as i expected
2. Player Basics: 6'10 200lbs Point Forward
Modeled After: Giannis Antetokounmpo
Plays like: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Magic Johnson
Expectation vs Reality: Incredible on the break, great off PnR's, fantastic rebounding, one issue is he is not that great without the ball, needs intelligent teammates

3. Player Basics: 6'10 200lbs Paint Protector
Modeled After: Bill Russell/Ben Wallace
Plays like: Bill Russell
Expectation vs Reality: Was experimenting with 6'10 200lbs players, created this one and a Glass Cleaner, this one surpassed all my expectations, 75 lateral quickness means i can guard most players except for PG Playmaker sometimes, 78 Vertical and outrebounds almost anyone i have ever played against, shot blocking is off the charts averaging 6bpg in MyCareer, mid 70's in speed and acceleration mean a 7 foot+ Center is toast on the fastbreak, just have to raise his playmaking stats and he will be unstoppable.
Old 01-30-2017, 11:55 PM   #5
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

6'10 athletic finisher .
Modeled after Shawn Kemp
Plays like : Amare Stoudemire
Not as physical as I would like . Dunks are nice and very fast . Defense is meh

6'8 LDD
Modeled after Scottie Pippen
Plays like honestly Trevor Ariza most times. He can hit corner spot up threes , dunk ok , and finish sometimes. Playmaking / Ball handling sucks and hard to create a shot with . On good games maybe early Kawhi.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2017, 12:46 AM   #6
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

1. Player Basics: 6ft7 195 SG Sharpshooter
Modeled After: Reggie Miller / Devin Booker
Plays like: Kyle Korver
Expectation vs Reality: I was expecting to be quicker than I am. I'm limited to being a catch and shoot Sharpie atm. I don't have deadeye and I feel the negative impact. I really am boxed though.. my speed with ball in game is terrible and my dribble animations are unimaginably slow / sluggish. I can finish well at the rim and I play defense decently well. I get a lot of blocks - my dude plays physical. The defense and rebounds are bonuses but the lack of mobility with and without the ball is detrimental.

I've come to accept the spot up role and the fact I'm more of a Korver than a Miller or Booker. I have a 6ft6 Playmaker I can use when I want that offensive
explosiveness.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2017, 04:17 AM   #7
Rookie

My 6"8 LDD is modelled after Rodman. Got the blonde hair and shades on too
Old 01-31-2017, 12:47 PM   #8
Pro

Lebronny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »