Home

Do you enjoy MTO?

This is a discussion on Do you enjoy MTO? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-26-2017, 04:06 AM   #1
MVP

justlaze's Arena

OVR: 0
Do you enjoy MTO?

Whats good guys?

As I'm trying to learn multiple playbooks and freelances to keep MTO challenging and fun, I witness that I mostly face two kinds of opponents:

a) guy with athletic team holding down R2 and spamming cuts
b) guy with all 3PT shooting team spacing and spammings 3s non stop

Sometimes hybrids of those with some cheesy players mixed up like Bradley and Bol and of course everyone using 5 out.

I question myself, for the love of god, what is the purpose of these people following only one or two aspects of the game and doing literally the SAME all over again?

It's not that I'm losing but it is so annoying and boring to play all the time against basically the same guy. I mean it's such a rare occasion getting an opponent who realizes you wanna play sim and so he actually does the same.

Well I don't know, I end up most of the time using their own cheese to punish them, because that's what they deserve, but honestly I'm losing motivation getting towards Duncan because of the mass of these toxic tactics.

If you think it'll change in higher leagues I can tell you it definitely doesn't and you'd be amazed what kind of players achieved Diamond/PD tier.

Last edited by justlaze; 01-26-2017 at 08:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2017, 04:22 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Do you enjoy MTO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
Whats good guys?

As I'm trying to learn multiple playbooks and freelances to keep MTO challenging and fun, I witness that I mostly face to kind of opponents:

Sometimes hybrids of those with some cheesy players mixed up like Bradley and Bol and of course everyone using 5 out.

I question myself, for the love of god, what is the purpose of these people following only one or two aspects of the game and doing literally the SAME all over again?

It's not that I'm losing but it is so annoying and boring to play all the time against basically the same guy. I mean it's such a rare occasion getting an opponent who realizes you wanna play sim and so he actually does the same.

Well I don't know, I end up most of the time using their own cheese to punish them, because that's what they deserve, but honestly I'm losing motivation getting towards Duncan because of the mass of these toxic tactics.

If you think it'll change in higher leagues I can tell you it definitely doesn't and you be amazed what kind of players achieved Diamond/PD tier.
The problem is can't play vs computer on Domination i think it is too boring.
But playing MTO is so frustrating:
- cheese
- equalizer
- disconnection

Old 01-26-2017, 04:51 AM   #3
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

Quote:
Whats good guys?

As I'm trying to learn multiple playbooks and freelances to keep MTO challenging and fun, I witness that I mostly face to kind of opponents:

If you think it'll change in higher leagues I can tell you it definitely doesn't and you be amazed what kind of players achieved Diamond/PD tier.
I agree 100% man, the game has gotten really stale really quickly for me this year as it's just dealing with the same cheesy exploiting of the cuts and bad AI defense over and over again, like you say pretty much everyone plays the same and it's like playing the same person every time.

I just played a guy who had PD Duncan and all he did pretty much all of the game was turbo up and try a 5 out paint cut, and when that didn't work just post up Duncan and do the post spin move over and over again. Dude has Duncan and didn't run a SINGLE set play all game, which pretty much sums up the game mode for me.

I am seriously hoping that NBA Live actually puts out a decent game at this point, which I never thought I would say...
Old 01-26-2017, 08:52 AM   #4
Pro

No it got stale super quick, so much I got bored one night and spent 400k on packs because I told Myself I was done.
Old 01-26-2017, 09:29 AM   #5
Rookie

AsYouSwish's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
I am seriously hoping that NBA Live actually puts out a decent game at this point, which I never thought I would say...
Not to take us too far off track but NBA Live having a decent game won't change the players. 2k does enough things right where players can play sim or something close to sim if they want to. But the players would prefer video game tactics and 2k lets you do those too. Having a good NBA Jam re-launch might do more in drawing the turbo crowd away from 2k than a good NBA Live game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2017, 09:56 AM   #6
Pro

Bi00's Arena

These two strategies are pretty effective and can easily get you to PD Duncan if you perfect it. For me, the fun is trying to implement a defense that can stop them. I've played games where both my and my opponent's offenses were generic, repetitive cuts and screens but the defense was a chess match on both sides.

I don't treat my opponents the same even if they have similar strategies. If I see someone using 5 out or manual cuts, it doesn't mean they have nothing else up their sleeve. It's my job to stop their action first and then maybe I'll see something new. I've had games where I faced 5-out first quarter, cuts and high PnR 2nd quarter, ISO/post 3rd, and then plays fourth.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:10 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrieAbuser
No it got stale super quick, so much I got bored one night and spent 400k on packs because I told Myself I was done.
Yeah this mode has been broken for years. Every year it's the same thing and this year they added prestige for Duncan, but what they fail to realize is even if we get Duncan....then what? Like that MyCareer cut scene with Justice. Then what?
Old 01-26-2017, 11:21 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Whats good guys?

As I'm trying to learn multiple playbooks and freelances to keep MTO challenging and fun, I witness that I mostly face two kinds of opponents:

If you think it'll change in higher leagues I can tell you it definitely doesn't and you'd be amazed what kind of players achieved Diamond/PD tier.
I agree with all of this. And after just being demoted from Diamond League, I can certainly tell anyone that the cheese just gets worse. Like at the top of PD league, there is this ultimate competitor that has perfected every form of cheese the game offers. I really cant see players like myself typicalot dominating. I play a paced game. Not taping my R2 button down for 20mins straight

I really wish there was a way to lump these morons all into one pool, so they can turbo and pause back and forth for the entire game with each other.

One observation I have made....
The lower rated the opponent's team is, the more difficult a win will be. People with stacked squads just think they will make every shot. And they also tend to carry the arrogance that cause them to pause after every score, steal, miss in my end, etc.
Ppl on a budget know that cheese wins, and most of them are "skilled" at it.

If in not in desperate need of a win, I ask them if this isball they do. If they reply yes, I disconnect. Matches like that aren't worth the aggravation to me. Even if I feel confident in winning. I didn t buy the game to get homicidally frustrated. Lmao.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »